Grindhouse

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Grindhouse

Post by Dreamer »

Hey, did anybody see Grindhouse? Whadja think of it? I saw it and I thought exactly the reverse of most of the reviewers. That is, I think that that Death Proof was crap, and Planet Terror was pretty good. And those fake trailers, pure cheese.
XIV
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Grindhouse

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Dreamer wrote:Hey, did anybody see Grindhouse? Whadja think of it? I saw it and I thought exactly the reverse of most of the reviewers. That is, I think that that Death Proof was crap, and Planet Terror was pretty good. And those fake trailers, pure cheese.
Hmmm... Maybe I should check out more reviews... Huh, I can only remember one. It was a video review from Spill.com and they agreed with you, the reasoning being that Planet Terror didn't try to be good and actually tried to emulate old grindhouse films, while Death Proof had bad dialog and actually tried to be a good slasher film, but wasn't. Is that about right?

Anyway, I'd really like to see this movie, very original idea. Also, what's more awesome than paying for one movie and technically getting two? Double features for the win!
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I hated planet terror it was awful it made me want to choke on my vomit and die, mostly because of that part with quintin terrentino..... :sickpup:

I liked Death Proof I thought it was more thought out. I liked the part when they think the New Zelander died. :lol:

I thought most of the commercial were histarical especially the one with Nicolis Cage!
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Nicolis Cage is in there? And which one was Death Planet? The one with the women that has an M16 on her leg?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

Nicholas Cage is "Fu Man Chu" in the fake trailer for "Werewolf Women of the SS".

btw.. I thought I would like Deah Proof best, but enjoyed Planet Terror much more. Although, I should add that I LOVED the ending of Death Proof and have never been so happy at the end of a movie.

:)

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Great :| Just heard the news about the dvd release.
Seems, because Grindhouse made so little in theaters, they are going to split the movie apart and do two dvds. One for Death Proof and one for Planet Terror :roll:
I dont know what will happen to the fake trailers...
This really really sucks. I usually wait for the dvd for most movies, so I didn't get to see this on the big screen. Now their is no way to watch this the way it was meant to :( The two dvds wont even be released in the same month!
Greedy big business...always trying to take even more money away from people :x :x :x
Was looking forward to getting to see this too.
*sighs*