The place for anything at all...
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Atlanta quarantined with deadly TB strain

Post by Anook »

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/healt ... eshtb.html

There's too much to really say on this situation so I just posted the link to the AJC newspaper.

Well, I'll say a couple of things, the CDC(Central for Disease Control) knew that the man who originally had the drug resistance virus , was walking around this city and going to and from Europe for his wedding since January. Why they decide to quarantined him now, he doesn't know. He has been undergoing treatment so they knew he had the virus from the beginning.

The CDC is working with airlines to contact passengers who took two transatlantic flights — a May 12 Air France flight from Atlanta to Paris and a May 24 Czech Air flight from Prague to Montreal — to alert them that they may have been exposed to extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Thats scary...
makes me even more afraid to get on a plane...lol
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

1. I saw that on the news and it scared the piss out of me
2. Why was that guy such a dumbass that he wanted to risk creating a global plague just because he wasn't willing to end his vacation early
XIV
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Atlanta quarantined with deadly TB strain

Post by Fenrir »

Anook wrote:http://www.ajc.com/search/content/healt ... eshtb.html

There's too much to really say on this situation so I just posted the link to the AJC newspaper.

Well, I'll say a couple of things, the CDC(Central for Disease Control) knew that the man who originally had the drug resistance virus , was walking around this city and going to and from Europe for his wedding since January. Why they decide to quarantined him now, he doesn't know. He has been undergoing treatment so they knew he had the virus from the beginning.

The CDC is working with airlines to contact passengers who took two transatlantic flights — a May 12 Air France flight from Atlanta to Paris and a May 24 Czech Air flight from Prague to Montreal — to alert them that they may have been exposed to extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis.
they didn't know he had it until afterwards.....he was to be quarantiened in Italy, but ran.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

I read that the CDC already knew that he had the drug resistant TB.
What they later found out was that he a had an extreme, rare form of it.

It might not say that in the link I posted above, although, I don't see why it wouldn't but,
I read it in the newspaper today and yesterday.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

What sucks is this a-hole knew he shouldnt be riding around in an airtight AIRPLANE where the chances of contracting a disease of any kind jump to 80%

Wot a joik.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Oh I know!
I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you have a contagious disease like TB, you shouldn't be on a plane!!
On a plane, the air just circulates, its not like the passengers are getting constant fresh air or anything.
Thats one of the reason why they banned smoking on flights.