Old People Suck

The place for anything at all...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Old People Suck

Post by Anubis »

Okay let me tell you about this run in I had with two very grumpy old couple on my way home from work this morning.

I was almost home riding on the side walk right next to a busy street. this was like around 6:30am so people where on their morning commute. Then I see these two senior citizens on a morning walk. I was about slow down and stear around them, when they stepped off to the side.

Right when I being polite and acknowledging their existence by smiling and waving at them. The old woman said something to me, so i stopped.

Like a land mine, a very unprovoked attack of words came spewing out of their frowning, wrinkly, liver spotted mouths. They were in may face for the fact that i was riding on the sidewalk. Being way too paranoid about a teenager on his way home from work, fearing that he might side swipe them.

As I remember this was the exchange of words.

Old woman: (didn't quite hear)

Me: (stopping) Excuse me?

Old Woman: (yelling) DON'T RIDE THAT ON THE SIDE WALK!

Me: (Confused) What? Why?

Old Woman: (Still yelling) You could hit us!

Old Man: (Yelling Too) Ride that thing on the road.

Me: (defensive) I don't want to get hit by a car, besides this is a pedestrian vehicle i have a right to ride it on the side walk. There is no law saying I can't!

Old man and Old woman: (Incoherent jabber)

After that I became really sick of the sheer lack of respect for me. So I gave them a taste of their own medicine. Not caring any more that they are like eighty years old, feeble and weak. I flat out told them to f*** off, to suck my balls, and finally move to Florida, die, and then go to hell, and as I rode off I flipped them the bird.

Frankly I don't care that they were like eighty years old, it didn't give them the right to give me such disrespect. There is no excuse to not give another human being some decent amount of respect in a situation were there weren't a source of disrespectful behavior towards them. In fact I was trying to do the opposite by being respectful, with was supposed to be a friendly "hello".

And plus I don't feel bad about it, not one bit. I hate these old people who think they can yell at any one younger than 30, act like they own the world all because they were on this planet longer than any one else.

To them I say....

DO US ALL A BIG FAVOR AND KILL OVER ALREADY!! :x
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Hey now, we have enough old timers here in florida! In winter its hell to get anywhere because they pretty much take over the road.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Uh....maybe they weren't all there? The more mind they lose the crazier they get, and if you really wanted to make them mad, you should have acted like you didn't hear anything they said. Just nod and smile to the older people :lol: :D
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

My favorite are the old pedestrians in Washington State. I was drivin' home (an' keep in mind that the roads up there are a good deal thinner htan anywhere else) down a hill when I turned a corner an' foud the street completely blocked off by an old Lincoln Towncar. The driver was a fat old woman talkin' to another rotund geriatric standing next to her car door, an' I have ta say the whole scene reminded me of two old cows blockin' the road.

I was polite. I was patient. But no one should have ta wait seven minutes for a car to finish pullin out of the frikkin driveway! I finally honked my horn ta get their attention. They both looked up at me for several seconds, an' I swear it looked like they were both chewin' cud. The old bovine outside wanted ta keep talkin', but thankfully the one in the car finally got the message an' finished pullin' out. The other one was still standin' in the street glarin' at me as I passed, an' I had half a mind ta roll down my window an' say," Mommy, the hippo looks angry, it might try ta eat me!"
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Anubis wrote:I don't want to get hit by a car, besides this is a pedestrian vehicle i have a right to ride it on the side walk. There is no law saying I can't!
Lucky! In California there is...
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Let's not get into agism. There's jerks and good people at any age of life.

I do grant that being a [quack]hole seems to help you live longer. For some reason, all the people I see with cancer are nice, likeable people. It's as if being kind and loving were a risk factor for the thing. Want to live forever? Be a [squeeky]head.

But, lots of nice and interesting people are old. With a bit of luck, I intend to be old myself some day. I'm expecting to be in my seventies in the late 2040s, provided I don't either die or get abducted by cheap aliens who can only afford relativistic speed space travel.

And, can you blame them for being cranky? They were promised video phones, flying cars, and bus flights to Jupiter by now, and all they got was a bunch of electronics that are hard to figure out and crash all the time. They pioneered racial and sexual equality, only to have issues that should have been old and dead by now still brewing all around them in the form of inane pop culture, obnoxious slang, and insulting music. People are trying to say their greatest accomplishment, of landing on the moon, never happened, and we're trying for it again by 2020--taking about twice as long as they did, even though they, having already done it, left us with the technology to do it that they didn't have when they did it. I'd like to see our generation be able to have better bragging rights by the time we get to their age. There's so many great things we could do--world unification, land on Mars, develop pollution-free hydrogen power or electricity--what we've got so far is pretty sub-par, at least from a social evolution standpoint.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Heh, I'd be pretty pissed off if I was old too :wink:

I hate jerks :P
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

We all get old Anubis, and there are jerks in all age groups ie those you complained were making fun of you. Don't go grouping people into one group anubis, people might go and think you're into stereotypes
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Fenrir wrote:We all get old Anubis, and there are jerks in all age groups ie those you complained were making fun of you. Don't go grouping people into one group anubis, people might go and think you're into stereotypes
Gahhh!

I never was grouping together all old people in one group. I was blowing off steam from an unprovoked attack from two crumb bums on the way home from work.

I never said all old people are cranky SOBs. Don't tell me I'm stereotyping!
THE GAME

My Armory
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Scott Gardener wrote:They were promised video phones, flying cars, and bus flights to Jupiter by now, and all they got was a bunch of electronics that are hard to figure out and crash all the time.
You make a good point throughout this whole paragraph, but I'd like to point out that we do, in fact, have the equivalent to video phones already. It's just that you need to know how to use an electronic device that's hard to figure out and crashes all the time. And your friend needs to be online. And you need a microphone and a webcam, but with those requirements met, you do, in fact, have what's pretty much a video phone.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Templar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Templar »

Hey, I have no problem with yer basic senior person. It's just the ones that are mad at us younger generations because they think we screwed 'em over. Those old cows ignored me because they thought because I was young that I was just some punk who was listenin' ta devil music and helpin' to destroy civilization as they knew it (the good ol' days, when all trust was to be put into our government and there was nothing wrong with the colored person goin' to the back of the bus).
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Anubis wrote:
Fenrir wrote:We all get old Anubis, and there are jerks in all age groups ie those you complained were making fun of you. Don't go grouping people into one group anubis, people might go and think you're into stereotypes
Gahhh!

I never was grouping together all old people in one group. I was blowing off steam from an unprovoked attack from two crumb bums on the way home from work.

I never said all old people are cranky SOBs. Don't tell me I'm stereotyping!
Then you may need a different title. :|

btw why isn't this in the ranting section?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Templar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Templar »

Fenrir wrote:
btw why isn't this in the ranting section?
BTW why don't you shut up?!!

:lol: JK :lol:

Wait, maybe that's why some old people don't like me.....
-Ash
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

When any one person says something that sounds like a generalization, I just figure they mean "some" of that type of person are like that unless they say or do something that shows otherwise, depending on what and how it was said.

I have never ran into any angry elderly person or any age angry person for that matter, at least nothing that comes to mind.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Don't base your entire opinion of a particular age group on just a few bad encounters. Give some of them a chance. There are many more nice old folks than you may realize.

I work telephone customer service for JC Pennys, and I've spoken to more nice old folks than bad. Even when their entire orders are lost in the mail, most remain quite kind. Makes my job easier too, since finding their order is difficult when being yelled at.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

I said I wasn't hating on all old people!!!

ARENT YOU GUYS LISTENING!!!!!
THE GAME

My Armory
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Woops, only read the first post. Heh, careful what you put in that sacred spot of text. When the topic is new, some may not see responses unless they scroll down and notice the responses are there. :P My excuse is that i'm scan reading across the forums to finish up for today.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

PariahPoet wrote:
Anubis wrote:I said I wasn't hating on all old people!!!

ARENT YOU GUYS LISTENING!!!!!
No, we weren't. Bicycles are vehicles and legitimately belong on the road.
Besides, you are always ranting about one thing or another that is usually your own fault anyway.
One, i said the road was busy and i didn't want to get hit. Plus it's a bike!!! i has just much of a right be on a sidewalk.

Two, I don't always rant, Fang's old venting thread is still being used and it's pretty long, but I'm the only one that makes a new separate threads for mine! I don't rant and rave as mush as you think, you probably do just as much, maybe even more. In fact I seen A LOT of ranting threads here.

Personally I'm sick of being judged and singled out like this, and this is very upseting. I can see why Vuldari left, and i think i might follow his lead.
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Uh I knew Pariah insensitive comment was gonna start trouble.
:P
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

its a good thing i kept the debate bunker clean and tidy huh shadowwulf?
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

What debatebunker?
Image Image
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I'm tired of his crap.

And Anubis- in most places, riding your bike on the sidewalk is illegal. Motorized vehicles are required to treat bike riders as any other vehicle, so by law, they have to let you in.

And glad to see our mods are targeting the real pests, huh?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

In big cities you cant ride on sidewalk because there are too many people on it. Smaller cities and towns you can. and Im trying to keep anymore arguments like this from happening.
Image Image
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I'm from a small town, and no they couldn't there. I don't know where Anubis is from, so who knows, but it is still courteous to walk a bike past people. I've nearly been mowed down numerous times by idiot bikers on campus.

And I don't appreciate you deleting my post. I stand by it.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

yes but your last post was a direct attack at Anubis, I dont like that and as a Mod I have to stop any direct attacks within our members. you can prove Anubis is wrong but you shouldnt have to insult him.

And Im from a small towns, I even been to larger towns and small cities all from different states, you can ride your bike on the sidewalk, people move for you ahead of time you go through, if not you slow down and go around them. Cops have droven pass me hundreds of times and did nothing, in fact some of them say that if you can stay on the sidewalk to be safe.
Image Image