This place is kinda dead.

The place for anything at all...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

This place is kinda dead.

Post by MattSullivan »

Seriously. It's like the air kinda got sucked out of the room. Less posts, same topics over and over...Make sme wonder if the pack will survive past Freeborn's release.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I think the core group will. Those of us who have met up at cons and a few other dedicated members. It certainly won't be at the population it is now though.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I'm planing on staying...I think :( But yeah, I agree, everything seems kind of dead...
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I actually check this place daily. That must say something.
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

I plan on staying here too. :( but yea, I've noticed i's kind of dead
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

I look in almost every day, I just have said most everything I would want to say and made the points I want to make so I just check to see if anyone has said anything interesting, and once in a while try to come up with a topic that should stir up the stagnation, although some I think like diet were very likely already done before.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I know it's been sluggish for a little while, but we get our ups and downs. I'm sure somebody will have some grandiose new announcement that will stir things up again soon. Anthony's got his proof of concept footage to shoot. Matt, how about you?

As for me... ah, well.. I've got nothing at the moment. But, I've got a manuscript that's garnered attention. No publishers yet.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I do what I can to make interesting threads and promote Pack member involvement. Even the official membership cards didn't get much attention dispite my best efforts. I can't help but ask, what do the members expect from this forum? We have several artists giving away free stuff as it is. Even several comic artists, animators, writers, and directors frequent here for feedback.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

Even though i'm not part of that "core group" that has met up at conventions, I plan to stay. I check this forum numerous times a day... (I need a hobby) I haven't really posted much in the werewolf-related sections though...hmm...woops :D
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

hmm, well I come on everyday, and love talking. :lol: and once I'm an adult all be going to cons. :P

but I kinda see what you mean.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

It may be on the lower side of busy, I once went to this other board from the start, it was busy with constant conversation, I have not posted there in years and when I look back the last post was four days ago on the general conversation forum, my guess is that people found a place they can discuss those topics as well as everything else on a more popular forum. That has happened to at least a couple places I used to visit over the years, while others stay busy or even get more members. It was a comic based company forum that is still in business, just hardly anyone goes there anymore.

How would everyone feel if the website traffic increased by a factor of four?

If a message board has a lower number of visits over time, do you think it helps to combine forums so conversation is not as thinned out?
Last edited by Xiroteus on Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

I think when Freeborn is complete and popular, we will get more and more members....at least i hope so....what do you think?
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Was "The Pack" message board and Freeborn going to be connected once the film is released?

I remember others talking about what the traffic may do to this board.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i will stay unless this place gets flooded after the film releases. but, even then, i mya hang around anyway. I will admit i'm hardly active though. just nothin to say really...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

While I am not part of the core group that was formed when The Pack was created, it may not be my place, but I feel that it isn't too much of a worry. It seems the first few years took care of all the general questions and considerations regarding werewolves, but I would hardly consider that to be the entire life and purpose of this forum. As far as I can tell, no big werewolf movie that the Pack has been following has been released yet. Many projects (which include novels, movies, etc) that our own members are working on are still being worked on and both the movies and projects are being anxiously awaited.

As the movies start being finished and released, many new topics of discussion will open and will draw more people into the Pack. Even before that happens, not all possible topics relating to werewolves have been explored yet. With each new member come fresh minds and fresh ideas. Even those that stick solely to keeping an online presence can still contribute a great deal. It seems it could only be just the beginning and it may be true. The Pack can continue to be a strong, growing collective and a positive influence to werewolf-related media and aid in the creation of many movies, T.V. shows, and games to come.
' They have come to take my life...
Let us settle this 300 year-old war once and for all...
Who shall live...? Who shall die...? ' ~ Moonlight Symphony - Vampire Night

Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Simply put - some members will stay, some will return, and some will register a-new. The way that Matt brings the topic up brings to mind a different thought (rather than this becoming ANOTHER thread about 'yes! I will stay! You need not worry!);

What can we do to keep the Pack together, growing, and becoming more cohesive? I recall saying something about this before...

- Start forming local chapters (although fun things like roaring at the moon might be left out in the interests of keeping our jobs)...
- Getting t-shirts and showing presence at conventions and other fun things.
- Getting involved in one anothers' projects, in a manner that you use what you're a genius at to help, and likewise, getting reciprocal help from other Pack members. (this keeps us busy on things we work on together, and

Thoughts? Comments?
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

I guess a lot of familiar faces havent been around in awhile. *shrugs* More room for new faces then. :D

I do hope there is some Freeborn news though. Soon. :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Out of the five hundred members that have signed up with in the last year (give a month or two) fifty of those members have a post count above fifty.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

ill be on! you dont have to worry about that! :P

Because everyone just loves me right? :P jk....
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

That's how these Forums work. People and populations shift (no pun intended) and things change. Every board has its own cycle. Just be patient... :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

I read that this forum was intended to be more than just Freeborn which is what attracted me to this forum.
(Freeborn looks like it is going to be the best werewolf movie since "An American Werewolf in London.") << I never choose favorites but some of those concept designs by LOBOLEO, did get my attention.

But still it is all victim to circumstance. Like me going away on vacation (I arrived back yesterday) or someone else leaving for one reason or another.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

Perhaps more real world involvement for the group would benifit us. Specifically, a paypal donation link for a Pack treasury. That could be used to pay for convention setup and rental, donations to wolf sancuaries, and perhaps even a pizza party or two. Maybe even use it as a way to help some Pack members pay for plane tickets to events. The problem is finding someone trustworthy enough to handle those funds, and the IRS paperwork that accompanies it.

Also, we can promote more in-person meetings for discussion and fun, then posting pictures as we usually do. That usually keeps the Pack buzzing for another month about the event. Such events we already cover are Akon, Colorado Springs Ren Festival, Anthrocon, and possibly Dragoncon this next September. The more of these events we have gatherings at the better. Trouble is most of us can barely make one event a year, if not two.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

wolf sancuaries? they have those....i always heard about them but never went into it for some reason
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Just to come out of a few days of not posting, I'am here to say,
even this has been talked about, it was said in these threads, that a few would stay, ie the usuals. We also said that when the movie was released there would be a flood of new comers and revive the pack, and maybe just maybe we'd see some old friends. I have to say I do miss some people, and hope to see them again. I just now, I hope not to become one to leave.

Let me see if I can find the thread we talked about this....
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon