Awesome Wolf Animation

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

DarkShadow wrote:Is it getting a little heated in here?
oh yea :P
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
oh yea :P
OH SNAP!
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

*turns on the A/C*

Better? :grinp:

Ok.....lets behave, everyone. Or YA'll will get the duckie treatment. :wetwolf4:

:jester:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I thought it was done pretty well for an amature and it being rushed and all.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I'm not gonna say its the best I've seen because its not, but it looks good. Especially for something 'home-made'.

Also, where's the emotion?
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Giving honest, constructive criticism is not "slamming". If you prefer, I could have gone into full "professional animator" mode and torn this thing to shreds. It's just hard for me NOT to give an honest opinion, especially when every animation instructor I've ever had ( all working professionals ) told us you never help someone by telling them what they WANT to hear.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

MattSullivan wrote:Giving honest, constructive criticism is not "slamming". If you prefer, I could have gone into full "professional animator" mode and torn this thing to shreds. It's just hard for me NOT to give an honest opinion, especially when every animation instructor I've ever had ( all working professionals ) told us you never help someone by telling them what they WANT to hear.
Torn this thing? Now it's a thing? god matt you got no respect for any artist trying to make it out there just because your "PROFESSIONAL" I could so say something right now..Something...But I'm not, cause I'm a Mod here and I don't think that's the adult thing to do..ugh :roll:
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Now, Joker, he obviously didn't mean it like that, don't get so defensive. To be fair, if he was going to say that he could have torn the animation to shreds, "this thing" is probably the most natural sounding phrase he could have put into there. If he didn't like the animation, that's his business. It's not like he's just bashing it and saying "it sucks", he gave constructive criticism and said he applauded the effort.

And yes, it is technically a thing.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

yes, Joker, don't read into my words or try to see a meaning behind them that isn't there. All i'm saying is i could have been WAY more critical. But I wasn't. And as I stated before, I have great admiration for anyone who TRIES. Great....admiration.
Draca
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Draca »

Made this myself.

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

The problem with the chart is that it's not the artist who's upset with the critiques, but the fans. We don't really know if the author would or wouldn't want criticism, because she didn't get any (that she'll read, anyway. She isn't a part of this board, right?), except for one comment that was less of a criticism and more of an accusation of painting over Balto, which she replied to..
-Jack Handey
Draca
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Draca »

ravaged_warrior wrote:The problem with the chart is that it's not the artist who's upset with the critiques, but the fans. We don't really know if the author would or wouldn't want criticism, because she didn't get any (that she'll read, anyway. She isn't a part of this board, right?), except for one comment that was less of a criticism and more of an accusation of painting over Balto, which she replied to..
True. In which case, I suppose it wouldn't matter what we thought of it, then. Appraisals away!

I stand by my initial (albeit brief) reaction, and I won't go into detail unless someone asks.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Oh she seemed pretty offended to me..Check out some of the comments made there an see for urself :P
Draca
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Draca »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:Oh she seemed pretty offended to me..Check out some of the comments made there an see for urself :P
I would be too if someone accused me of plagiarism. :P Thankfully no one's doing that here.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

What Draca said.
-Jack Handey
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

OK fine. So...I gave her one "scathing" critique. That hasn't stopped the majority of people who saw it from commenting that they thought it was really cool.

An opinion is just that. An opinion. More people seem to like it than i do, so hey, what do I know?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Personaly I wouldnt get too offended unless someone persist on it. Cmon, when you post up art online, your bound to get critique or accused of plagiarism. I wouldnt be surprised if someone thinks I copied my artwork from someone else.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

Good looking animation, I like the way they did the Wolf. :)
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Draca wrote:Made this myself.

You made a red X in a box?
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

holy sheet that was cool
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir