Happy Holidays

The place for anything at all...
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

I've been thinking on buying a tablet for Christmas, anyone knows of a good one? I don't want one too professional or something like that, I am just starting ( I certainly don't want a kid's toy blackboard)
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

RedEye wrote:
MoonKit wrote:I miss Halloween...
So redo it for Christmas! Bet the pumpkins will keep a lot longer.
And you get to eat all the candy yourself!
:lol:

Not the same. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Cathey and I went to a Solstice celebration the night before last; it was pretty spectacular. I really love this whole time of year. Oddly enough, Christmas day itself has become almost ancillary for me, as my spiritual side falls on Yule and the Solstice, and the family get-togethers at our house happen on Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. Still, I'm turning down double-pay work to be off that day. I've worked my hiney off all year, so I'm taking off Christmas.

Moonkit:
If I could find a doctor that played PS3, I scoop him up as my doctor in a second.
Thanks, but I just do ER work. They have discovered, by the way, that many of the new surgeons who grew up playing "Super Mario Brothers" on the original Nintendo Entertainment System and similar games have exceptional hand-eye coordination. So, I wonder if I can get CME credit with the PS3. (Actually, theoretically, I could, since it has a web browser.)

Xiroteus:
How large is this television?
It's a 65." It's a Mitsubishi DLP projection model, the WD-65733. As mentioned before, it supports 1080p resolution. My job this afternoon is to program a universal remote and compile a simplified instruction manual for Cathey. And, a few months down the road, when I add a sound system and plug everything into it instead of the TV itself, I'll have to do that all over again. But, it'll be worth it.

Meanwhile, I will have my revenge against my friend Jason for giving me a PS3. I stood in line an hour last Sunday in the freezing cold, but I managed to get a Wii. The look on his face New Year's Day when he sees it will be priceless. And, I don't have to worry about his getting himself one beforehand!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

It's a 65." It's a Mitsubishi DLP projection model, the WD-65733. As mentioned before, it supports 1080p resolution. My job this afternoon is to program a universal remote and compile a simplified instruction manual for Cathey. And, a few months down the road, when I add a sound system and plug everything into it instead of the TV itself, I'll have to do that all over again. But, it'll be worth it.

Meanwhile, I will have my revenge against my friend Jason for giving me a PS3. I stood in line an hour last Sunday in the freezing cold, but I managed to get a Wii. The look on his face New Year's Day when he sees it will be priceless. And, I don't have to worry about his getting himself one beforehand!
I just looked this television up on Amazon, I would like owning such a television, I want a projector in the future, it will be while before I can get into high definition, within the next four to five years, lower prices all around by that time and maybe a format winner, if not, I can buy a duel player.

I watch some films on my LCD nineteen inch monitor because there is no over scan or glare, I will not miss the glare of tube type televisions.
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

Merry Christmas and a Howly new year!

*Runs from political correctness* :howl:  :oo
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Hey, I'm no crassite. Accepted at sentimental value :)

Health, happiness and bright blessings backatcha! :D
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Vriksatma, I want my incandescent bulbs back! i hate flourescent lights! they make me feel like i'm in a doctors office. i can't figure for the life of me why they decided to ban ncandescent bulbs ( And i don't wanna hear any global warming crap ) Incandescents make the room all snuggly and warm and festive!

I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed! :}
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Hey, don't talk to me about it. I'm not in Congress.

Global warming aside, they last longer and put out more light (and less eye-straining light) for less wattage than incandescents. One $2 CF won't need to be changed for about five years. Less money lost to the utility bill, less often changing light bulbs — eez goot, no?
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

LED Zeppelin

Post by Scott Gardener »

I've found that compact fluorescent light looks more like incandescent than like long-tube fluorescent. I certainly understand the "office lighting" feeling, but I haven't gotten it with my compact bulbs over here. The only annoyance I've had is that first few seconds of waiting for the light to come on, and its starting off dim and gradually going to full light. But, newer bulbs seem to have fixed that problem.

But, if you really hate compact fluorescents, then take comfort in knowing that LED bulbs will take over in another decade or so. They use even less wattage and last even longer. Indeed, once LEDs take over, the idea of a replaceable bulb may be rendered obsolete. LED lights can be just about any color. They're about impossible to find except online for now, but I've seem them offered in warm white and cold white; I've got one of each.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

MattSullivan wrote:Vriksatma, I want my incandescent bulbs back! i hate flourescent lights! they make me feel like i'm in a doctors office. i can't figure for the life of me why they decided to ban ncandescent bulbs ( And i don't wanna hear any global warming crap ) Incandescents make the room all snuggly and warm and festive!

I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed! :}
So-go quickly to your local 99 cent store and stock up! Personally, I wonder what they'll do about car headlights-unless Quartz-Halogen lamps are not affected by the ban.
Maybe, for older cars, we'll need to go back to Acetylene Headlamps, if those incandescents are banned as well.

OF course-there are always Chinese Import Incandescent Lamps...they'll be available, almost certainly.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »