If a werewolf shaved his fur

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luffs Buff Wuffs!

If a werewolf shaved his fur

Post by Ookami-kun »

Will it grow back quickly, won't it come back or will he have to wait for his transformation again?
Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

Probably after he/she got regressed and retransforms again. But maybe it might just regrow within moments later if they wear hair growth or extra hormones or something.

I'm tied with this 2 solutions.
Literally fading away...
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Most likely, the Werewolf would have to wait for it to re-grow after shifting...and it might not re-grow even then.

My question is "Why would a Werewolf want to shave off his/her fur?"
Fleas? mange? Lost a bet? :?
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

It can get prety hot in the summer.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Depends on the type of werewolf, I say it either grows back right away or when they shift again.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

RedEye wrote:My question is "Why would a Werewolf want to shave off his/her fur?"
Because tattoos don't show through fur. :P
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Don't forget that they have 'Winter Fur' and 'Summer Fur.' In winter, their werewolf forms may look extra fat because the increase growth of fur for Winter and in summer that their fur growth is shorter.

No werewolf would shave off their fur unless they lost their sanity.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Set wrote:
RedEye wrote:My question is "Why would a Werewolf want to shave off his/her fur?"
Actually, this brings around a new topic. I think that a werewolf would be more likely to go for scarification as body modification than tattoos. Scars will turn hair/fur white, so that would show up.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I would imagine it'd regrow when they shifted into the form again, so it'd be kinda pointless and a pain in the arse.
PariahPoet wrote:
Set wrote:
Actually, this brings around a new topic. I think that a werewolf would be more likely to go for scarification as body modification than tattoos. Scars will turn hair/fur white, so that would show up.
They will? I thought hair didn't grow on scar tissue?

Anyways, I think a werewolf, unless living in a world where the existence of werewolves in known and tolerated, would be less likely to do that. People seeing a werewolf is one thing, and it's bad, people seeing a werewolf with patterns in his fur that are like your tattoos or scars? That's twice as bad because they're connecting it to you on some level.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

That's true. I was thinking in a world where weres were not out of the ordinary.
Heh....where weres were Image

But yeah, I had a friend in highschool who busted his head open when he was a kid, and it was just deep enough to damage the hair follicles, so he had a white patch over the scar when it healed.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

yeah actually you're right i believe... most of the time hair won't grow on scars... sometimes it WILL turn it white though...

I have a scar on my chin from when I was about 8 and had a rather spectacular bike accident (the front wheel came off as I was going down a gravel driveway at about 30 mph).... should have broken my neck by the way I landed, but I was lucky and got off with 45 minutes at the emergency room having them pick the gravel out and stitch my chin up...

anyway... I neglected to shave and one day someone was like "dude...part of your beard is white."