wolf worriors?

The place for anything at all...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

wolf worriors?

Post by Anubis »

ok i just thought about the wolf's agersiveness and hunting skills so i wonder would werewolves be a worrier race? if so would they be with our boys in iraq posing as humans. bad a** marines!
THE GAME

My Armory
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Humans and wolves are both predators, and both have similer social-designs.. *family oriented* So there's no real reason wolves would be anymore of a warrior race then humans are.

That being said, there's nothing keeping a werewolf from joining the army except the potential concerns of a werewolf. Depending on what traits carry over, a werewolf soldier may indeed make a good recruit for the army.

Keyword, "may."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

:drillsgt: Drop and give me 20!!!
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

But what happens to that recruit when they need to change forms often. If they need to do this. Hey what even if we have a special branch of the CIA FBI or marines that are werewolves that we don't know about and they do special recon for the US. Now that is a story lol.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darth Canis wrote:But what happens to that recruit when they need to change forms often. If they need to do this. Hey what even if we have a special branch of the CIA FBI or marines that are werewolves that we don't know about and they do special recon for the US. Now that is a story lol.
and what will that branch be called? :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Werewolves are your friends!

Post by Scott Gardener »

Humans are also highly aggressive and historically evolved in a hunting niche. By that logic, we should call ourselves a warrior race. Indeed, human history is filled with conflict, as we're fond of reminding ourselves.

If anything, humans are actually more aggressive than wolves. One could argue that a werewolf would be more peaceful on average. Certainly the enhanced senses would promote empathy. Still, I would expect most werewolves to have at least an aggressive period early on, if for no other reason than the expectation of being aggressive--the "oh, gee, I'm now a werewolf, so I must be a vicious monster." Some might never get over this notion, thus killing the idea that werewolves statistically would be friendlier.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:? ummm ya know i think that should be for the pack to decide. What do you guys think a secret branch of specially trained werewolf warriors would be called?
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darth Canis wrote::? ummm ya know i think that should be for the pack to decide. What do you guys think a secret branch of specially trained werewolf warriors would be called?

And what shall they wear?

I know!!!

"Werewolves in black." :D
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

hmmm...how about, Dog Soldiers :wink:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Silverclaw wrote:hmmm...how about, Dog Soldiers :wink:
That sounds like an insult, though.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:hmmm...how about, Dog Soldiers :wink:
already taken.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Darth Canis wrote::? ummm ya know i think that should be for the pack to decide. What do you guys think a secret branch of specially trained werewolf warriors would be called?
u.s.w.s.f. check it out on general stuff.
Last edited by Anubis on Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Well... Yeah, of course they'd be a race of worriers. They've only been persecuted by society for over a thousand years and if just one pack member screws up and gets caught in wolf form, that could set off a tinderbox that will wipe out the entire...
:roll: Oh! You meant wolf warriors! Heh. Yeah, that is different.

Well... The thing about being human is that almost every society and nationality has one way in which they consider themselves to be warriors; no matter what nationality a person may be, they always seem to know of either the greatest military leader of their nation, or the greatest warriors of their nation (French = Napoleon, Scottish = Wallace, Native American = Sitting Bull, you get the idea). Of course, there's more to a culture than just one hero, so while there are plenty of people that know of their ethnic heros, not all of them would revere them.

The thing about werewolves, however, is that their common bond is not one of ancestry, but of similarity. Lycanthropy dates back hundreds of years, but most werewolves in that history wouldn't have recieved the blessing/curse from their parents. By that definition, werewolves wouldn't have much of a culture beyond their need for anonymity, so the werewolf's cultural values would be more tied to their ethnic and national origins as opposed to their lycanthropy. That could entail a warrior mentality, but for the most part, werewolves would probably be as diverse as they come in terms of mentality, except in regards to the need for anonymity.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Werewolves are your friends!

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Scott Gardener wrote:Humans are also highly aggressive and historically evolved in a hunting niche. By that logic, we should call ourselves a warrior race. Indeed, human history is filled with conflict, as we're fond of reminding ourselves.

If anything, humans are actually more aggressive than wolves. One could argue that a werewolf would be more peaceful on average. Certainly the enhanced senses would promote empathy. Still, I would expect most werewolves to have at least an aggressive period early on, if for no other reason than the expectation of being aggressive--the "oh, gee, I'm now a werewolf, so I must be a vicious monster." Some might never get over this notion, thus killing the idea that werewolves statistically would be friendlier.
True, So true. Every 10 to 20 years we have a serouise war.

What is your malfunction, dirtbag!!!!! :drillsgt:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I could totally see werewolves as wise warriors, say those who lurk just outside eyeshot in the trees, protecting pilgrimage routes.

What totally fascinates me is that the Mongols are a very wolflike people, and they were definitely a warrior/hunter nation. If the army came upon a city, and the city threw open its gates and made them welcome, the armies wouldn't attack and they'd come in and that was your ticket into the Mongol Empire. Furthermore, the Khans guaranteed that every traveller upon every road in the empire was safe from bandits — Europe only wishes it could do that well!