Lunar eclipse

The place for anything at all...
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

Well. Here's the pictures I took that turned out. They obviously aren't the most elaborate, but they'll do:
I don't mind if anyone uses this as an avatar. By all means go ahead. But really.. don't take credit for it or I'll have to tie you up and run you through a large meat-grinder. :evil: I could have done a little better since it is slightly out of focus, and I had to use manual focus since it would jam with auto focus. It was taken with a 200mm lens. The regular point-and-shoot camera is like 5.8-17.4mm for comparison.

And here was an experimental one to capture most of the surrounding stars. It didn't turn out the best since I had a high ISO sensitivity for this one to turn out (thus causing the grain):
http://aquaeden.com/img/eclipse/DSC_1769.jpg

Overall, I basically ran in and out of the house 4 times in total for about an hour or more. Pretty much got near the point of getting a frost bite since my fingers went entirely numb and stiff a few times. Especially when I touched the metal parts of the tripod accidentally which basically had my own breath frozen to it. :P Ahh yes, good ol' -10 degree Fahrenheit weather...
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Amazing picture! :o
Bloodcraft
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Mood: Excited

Post by Bloodcraft »

Great picture! Thanks for sharing it!! :howl:  :oo
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

i got pranked good tonight me and friends was in the woods near my house camping we wanted to see the red moon.
anyways we were in the woods chilling etc then 10:00pm rolled around amazing view,11:00pm we all tired and went to sleep.
around 12:00 i woke up from hearing a loud growling noises, i got dress and got out of my tent to see what it was. nothing but the darkness i went to check my friends tents i open up my friend jason's tent only to find sherded clothes covered in blood. i was like err wtf checked the others same thing, so i ran back to my tent and got my flash light and look around to see if i could find anybody.... no luck. i started to hear the growling noise again but it was faint. it got louder i flash my light in that direction,
didn't see anything. i hear it again but it was behind me turn around nothing, then the next thing i know i could hear it all around me,i thought to myself **** im going to die here, then out for the corner of my eye a shadow figure lunged out at me. i did a spinning back heel kick and kick something after that i haul a** to my house 1/4mile run.open my front door and into my room, grab every weapon i had and locked my door with the light turn on sitting in the corner of my room completely freak out of my head. 12:00pm rolls around i heard a knock on my door what you know i could hear my friends laughing like crazy.i open to door and they said i got pranked... badly the noises i was hearing was them in four different directions with tape recorders,it was fake blood and old cloths in the tent. and jason in his wookie outfit( whom i kick :D ) from last Halloween party. after they saw my run back to my house they went to a 24 hour micky Ds. then came back to my house, was like you a**holes. :(
ImageImage
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3172 ... ny1sc6.jpg
this is what i had sitting room at time......
ImageImage
Megs
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: You mess with one wolf, you mess with the pack.
Location: MN, USA...Actually, standing outside your window...watching...waiting...Get off the internet!

Post by Megs »

Sweet! Nice pic. Way better than the ones I took :( In mine, you can only see it as a shape. Stupid camera... (Note to self: Get a telescope.) Saturn was/is on the lower left of the moon. :)
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

yea thank god i didn't have to use them.....
ImageImage
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

sweet weapons dude.
i howled like crazy at the blood moon
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Bloody weather!
Of all days it had to friggin rain last night.
That's how my luck goes....
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

well, I managed to get some video and some low-quality pictures....my actual film camera and telescope have gone missing. :x :cry:

video, sped up so it's only about 5 minutes long. (ONLY after the moon was largely in the shadow, my camcorder won't autofocus when it's too bright :/):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S5WVjMUNffg

Some pictures of the eclipse as it progressed...

WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

I tried recording it with a digital camera that had a video camera feature, but i don't think i got anything.
Still, that was really... cool, last night. Oh, and sorry to hear it rained Pariah. Something tells me it was warm where everyone else was. I was standing outside, freezing for about twenty minutes last night. Hey, i liked the idea of a Moon, okay?
And look at it this way, Pariah: in 2010 you'll be able t see another one... maybe. If it doesn't rain, again. :D
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

takyoji wrote:Well. Here's the pictures I took that turned out. They obviously aren't the most elaborate, but they'll do:
I don't mind if anyone uses this as an avatar. By all means go ahead. But really.. don't take credit for it or I'll have to tie you up and run you through a large meat-grinder. :evil: I could have done a little better since it is slightly out of focus, and I had to use manual focus since it would jam with auto focus. It was taken with a 200mm lens. The regular point-and-shoot camera is like 5.8-17.4mm for comparison.

And here was an experimental one to capture most of the surrounding stars. It didn't turn out the best since I had a high ISO sensitivity for this one to turn out (thus causing the grain):
http://aquaeden.com/img/eclipse/DSC_1769.jpg

Overall, I basically ran in and out of the house 4 times in total for about an hour or more. Pretty much got near the point of getting a frost bite since my fingers went entirely numb and stiff a few times. Especially when I touched the metal parts of the tripod accidentally which basically had my own breath frozen to it. :P Ahh yes, good ol' -10 degree Fahrenheit weather...
That's actually quite a nice picture. Would you mind if I used it as my avatar? (Don't worry I'll give you credit. :wink: )

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

darkest wolf:
Go right ahead. Otherwise, as of credit, I stated that anyone who steals it and posts it somewhere else and tries to get credit for it will be put through a meat-grinder. But if it's being used as an avatar, then go ahead and use it without giving credit since that's pretty much how a lot of avatars are anyway. :P

Howlitzer: They turned out nicely, probably just needed more zoom to get more quality.

ghostfang: Heh, interesting story. It's probably events like these that would be the best time for anyone to prank me when I get a little superstitous. :P Nice collection of various blades. I don't have anything special except guns, just incase if the zombies ever attacked. *pumps the bolt of his SKS and does a sinister grin* Also, keep in mind that you need to return the favor to your friends later on (of the prank). :wink:

Megs: Orrrr, go out and buy a $700 DSLR camera with a 50-200mm lens (+$170) :P
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Nah, the credit's your's, its YOUR picture, I'm wierd like that. Thanks. :D I'll get it resized when I have a chance.

Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

takyoji wrote:
Howlitzer: They turned out nicely, probably just needed more zoom to get more quality.

I would have had more zoom had I been able to locate my huge telescope and Nikon camera.... so the only stills I got were frame captures from my camcorder, which has a VERY good zoom, can operate at just about the lowest light conditions imaginable....but is not made for astronomy...
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Heh, I guess the avatar is now my sig. I like it better that way, anyway. Oh, and I also forgot to say, those are actaully some nice pictures, Howlitzer.

Megs
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: You mess with one wolf, you mess with the pack.
Location: MN, USA...Actually, standing outside your window...watching...waiting...Get off the internet!

Post by Megs »

:hsup DUDE! That is one sweet camera! Better watch it, it might just disappear. :lol: I have secret snitching powers. Muhahaha. Hmm I need a sig... :wiggle:
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

takyoji wrote:darkest wolf:
Go right ahead. Otherwise, as of credit, I stated that anyone who steals it and posts it somewhere else and tries to get credit for it will be put through a meat-grinder. But if it's being used as an avatar, then go ahead and use it without giving credit since that's pretty much how a lot of avatars are anyway. :P

ghostfang: Heh, interesting story. It's probably events like these that would be the best time for anyone to prank me when I get a little superstitous. :P Nice collection of various blades. I don't have anything special except guns, just incase if the zombies ever attacked. *pumps the bolt of his SKS and does a sinister grin* Also, keep in mind that you need to return the favor to your friends later on (of the prank). :wink:

Megs: Orrrr, go out and buy a $700 DSLR camera with a 50-200mm lens (+$170) :P
o we have guns i have a 45. and desert eagle i cant use them untill im 21 (im 20) dad has a semi auto ak with a tommy a clip, shotgun,44.magnum and a bolt action rifle. hes retired military and has those guns if something were bad to happen. but you know what they say better safe than sorry.
ImageImage
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

that's freaking incredible Tak!! WOW!! You have a killer cam, it's actually the same brand I had come to admire :P
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

you have quite an eye for photogrophy. :)
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »