Royale Noir Windows XP Theme

The place for anything at all...
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Royale Noir Windows XP Theme

Post by takyoji »

Here's a little theme for those who hate staring at the ugly default Windows XP theme. It's called Royale Noir. It comes in two formats which are blue and black. It was created by Microsoft a long time ago for Windows Media Center and it doesn't take any more or less RAM to run it and doesn't need WindowsBlinds or any of that crap.

You can download it from here: http://www.istartedsomething.com/20061029/royale-noir/
Once you have it in place, you can just double-click on the "luna" file you just added and it'll open it in the Display control panel under the "Appearance" tab. Otherwise I think you can just restart the computer and it'll become visible on the list. On the panel, change "Windows and buttons" to "Royale" and change "Color scheme" to "Royale" (the blue one) or "Royale Noir" (the black one) and click Apply (or OK).
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

I can't get it to show up on the list of themes or color schemes :\
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

Just try going to Hard drive "C", then the folder "Windows", then "Resources", then "Themes", then double-click on "luna" (the one you added) and it should open up the Display control panel with that theme.

Otherwise I believe it's Windows XP-only.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Nope. Nothing. Double-clicking Luna.Theme opens up the standard XP theme.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

worked for me with no problem. I like this layout. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image