Werewolf NAzis?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Werewolf NAzis?

Post by Dreamer »

Well, we all know that NAzis make great villains. And, I was wondering, "Why not apply the
Stupid Jetpack Hitler trope to werewolves? It would work seeing as:
A) The NAzis were somewhat involved in the occult (If you don't beleive me, look up the "Thule Society")
B) The whole "master race" thing
C) The fact that the SS werre called "Werewolves".

So, what do you think of the idea of using NAzi (or Neo-Nazi) werewolves as villains?
XIV
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Dreamer wrote:

So, what do you think of the idea of using NAzi (or Neo-Nazi) werewolves as villains?

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

It's also already been done. Twice. First by Hellsing and a second time in a spoof trailer in Grindhouse.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Why not? If they do a good job of it, I don't care. It's a motif that's been used before, sure, but that doesn't mean it can't be done again quite well.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Renorei wrote:Why not? If they do a good job of it, I don't care. It's a motif that's been used before, sure, but that doesn't mean it can't be done again quite well.

That'll never happen and you know it.

:roll:
Last edited by Figarou on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Figarou wrote:
Renorei wrote:Why not? If they do a good job of it, I don't care. It's a motif that's been used before, sure, but that doesn't mean it can't be done again quite well.
That'll never happen and you know it.

:roll:

Well...it certainly hasn't happened yet. But you never know. Maybe someday.

10 years ago, I'd have said that nobody would ever make a movie that showed the werewolves' side of the story, or showed werewolves as anything other than cursed, slobbering monsters. But then, along came Freeborn (if it ever gets made).

Wonders never cease. [/i]
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Renorei wrote:
Well...it certainly hasn't happened yet. But you never know. Maybe someday.

10 years ago, I'd have said that nobody would ever make a movie that showed the werewolves' side of the story, or showed werewolves as anything other than cursed, slobbering monsters. But then, along came Freeborn (if it ever gets made).

And whats Freeborn based off of? Fan input! :howl:  :oo

We wouldn't be here right now discussing "What should a werewolf be."

Now...would we? :wink:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Renorei wrote: Well...it certainly hasn't happened yet. But you never know. Maybe someday.

You mean "along came Devoured." And shortly following, along game "No! No! Not another retarded werewolf movie!" and finally, then along came Freeborn.

And that link Figarou provided was the trailer for the fake movie in Grindhouse I was talking about. The whole movie was, in all fairness, intentionally horrible, but then again, if generic Hollywood did try to make a Nazi werewolf movie, that's most likely what it would have come out looking like. :P
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

Do not get me wrong but this is quite an interesting concept. What will make it even more interesting would be if they made the POV from the Nazi (Neo-Nazi) werewolf and have flashbacks going back to WWII. Just a thought but then again it may be a little off. But still an interesting concept.
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

whoa whoa whoa.....hold on a sec!!!

I JUST remembered something.

THIS!!!
http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... php?t=1646

http://www.horrorsofwarmovie.com/
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

I guess they beat us to it. I most definitely have to check this movie. So now what happens?
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

No thanks.

I'd much rather see a werewolf nazi having to emotionally cope with killing his/her best friend/idol/mentor/whatever, like Erwin Rommel or Claus Von Stauffenberg than have people overlook Bruno Ganz's awesome hitler portrayal and keep thinking that all nazis are evil sons of bitches undyingly loyal to the Fuhrer. Unless it's for the funny, which would be quite the feat to perform for most people.

Neo-nazis... I dunno about them.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Um, I am unfamiliar with said portrayals. Could your explain your idea a bit further?
XIV
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

yes please?
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Rommel was said to be a hardass among some of his men, but he's also popular even among his enemies because of his chivalry and his daring military feats. His death from forced suicide due to suspected links to the failed July 20 plot aimed to kill Hitler only strengthened his reputation.

Stauffenberg earned his reputation as a national hero because he's fiercely loyal to his country and the army he serves in, and sees Hitler as a liability because so many lives have been lost throughout the war. So he tried to orchestrate an assasination plot, also the same July 20 plot that got Rommel killed, and failed miserably. He was eventually found and executed, his last words being proud ones.

And here are some videos of Der Untergang. If you watch the whole movie, you'll find that Hitler is portrayed almost exactly as he is, and not as a parody of evil.

These 2 people plus Bruno Ganz's realistic portrayal of the Fuhrer has convinced me enough that the Nazis are just like any other army comprised of any other flawed human being, and that should allow for more flexibility when it comes to portrayal. Just imagine what would happen if you add realistically portrayed werewolves (meaning no canned evil) who knew these people directly and intimately.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

kitetsu wrote: And here are some videos of Der Untergang. If you watch the whole movie, you'll find that Hitler is portrayed almost exactly as he is, and not as a parody of evil.

Heh...someone took footage from that film and poked fun at the HD-DVD Blu-ray war.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ywWfmRdOmJ0

(Read the sub-titles.)
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

kitetsu wrote:Rommel was said to be a hardass among some of his men, but he's also popular even among his enemies because of his chivalry and his daring military feats. His death from forced suicide due to suspected links to the failed July 20 plot aimed to kill Hitler only strengthened his reputation.

Stauffenberg earned his reputation as a national hero because he's fiercely loyal to his country and the army he serves in, and sees Hitler as a liability because so many lives have been lost throughout the war. So he tried to orchestrate an assasination plot, also the same July 20 plot that got Rommel killed, and failed miserably. He was eventually found and executed, his last words being proud ones.

And here are some videos of Der Untergang. If you watch the whole movie, you'll find that Hitler is portrayed almost exactly as he is, and not as a parody of evil.

These 2 people plus Bruno Ganz's realistic portrayal of the Fuhrer has convinced me enough that the Nazis are just like any other army comprised of any other flawed human being, and that should allow for more flexibility when it comes to portrayal. Just imagine what would happen if you add realistically portrayed werewolves (meaning no canned evil) who knew these people directly and intimately.
That actually is a very interesting point. I'll have to remember that for when I'm writing a story set in World War II
XIV
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

An excellent point is made here. Nazis are a real-world example of how easily we polarize our thinking in terms of "good versus evil." Make no mistake; the Nazi regime was evil. The horrors they committed collectively continue to haunt humanity three generations later. Twelve million people were brutally murdered in the name of pseudoscience and racial hatred, and millions more slaughtered in a war that ultimately involved at least peripherally the majority of humanity. None-the-less, each individual Nazi was a person. Some were brainwashed into the regime, while others joined, because at the time, it seemed to be a good thing that could rebuild a fallen economy--such individuals often learned only gradually that their would-be great strength was turning into a run-away terror, coercing them more and more into committing horrific atrocities.

It's easy to look back and think that anyone who ever bothered to put on a Nazi uniform was evil. But, in 1935 or so, before the genocide began, it might have seemed to be simply a rather highly conservative government movement that emphasized collectivity over individualism and national pride over personal wealth. And, when everyone else is voting them into power, it's pretty darned hard to speak out and say that you don't like where this could go.

Another point that often gets overlooked is that the Nazis were only the third worst evil human history has faced in terms of total number massacred. Number two was Mao Zedong's regime in China, whose government is still in place today and coming under fire for cracking down on Tibet monk protesters. (They're saying that the Dalai Lama is inciting violence. That's patently absurd when one considers that the Dalai Lama is one of the planet's biggest pacifists. Accusing him of inciting violence is like blaming trees for global warming.) Number one is the regime of Josef Stalin, and those of us in the U.S. and Great Britain--our governments allied with him. Not that we endorsed his atrocities; I just bring that up when people point fingers at Japan and Italy--though Mussolini wasn't exactly up there with Venice or da Vinci in Italy's great contributions to history, either. The point is, the Nazi regime was terrible, but it was hardly a monopoly of evil.

Even the American government tried its hand at "relocation camps" of Japanese citizens, though, thankfully, we never got to the gas chamber stage before the madness stopped. But, who is to say that it couldn't have, had things happened just slightly differently? That's why Guatanamo Bay, anti-Islamic rhetoric in America today, and the profiling of people in airports scares me. Any time someone has to debate whether or not torture is justifiable--wake the F*** up, people! Torture is never a good idea! That's why we call it torture!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer

werewolf soviets

Post by Black Claw »

:howl:  :oo Not trying to get off subject, does this mean that there is more than likely that soviets could be werewolves????????
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Scott Gardener wrote:Any time someone has to debate whether or not torture is justifiable--wake the F*** up, people! Torture is never a good idea! That's why we call it torture!
I doubt you'd be able to say that again with a straight face if we lived in dystopian times.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Ahhh...Scott, not to try to point fingers, but look at what the American government and people did to the American Indian. I'd actually rank that up with Stalin's murders or even Hitler's racism.
We deliberately tried to erase entire cultures and the identities those cultures harbored, simply because they were inconvenient...or in the wrong place, like the Cherokee.
According to the estimates (which vary wildly depending on who comissioned them) an average of two out of five Native Americans met with a deliberately planned death over the period from 1860 to 1940. That there are any left is more due to their resilience than anything else.

Now, how does this relate to Werewolf Nazi's? Methinks we're drifting...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Claw »

Yes, and i like the support you gave to us RedEye about the american government against my people, but still if one group of people have them, doesn't almost every group have them. Look at the romans and Greeks, they had their stories about werewolves among them. :shift:
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Oops. I got us off topic. Sorry about that.

RedEye:
I won't dispute that atrocities were also committed against the Native Americans. Indeed, that just furthers my premise that there's plenty of atrocities going around. When I ranked Hitler #3 and put Stalin and Mao Zedong in the #1 and #2 spots respectively, I was basing it on head count, the total number of deaths involved. Given the opportunity, I'm sure plenty of people throughout history would have tried to beat them--Atilla the Hun, Vlad the Impaler, or perhaps some more obscure historic or contemporary figure, such as a local religious or political leader. But, Hitler, Stalin, and Zedong had huge budgets and the backing of millions upon millions of duped and disenfranchised people. That's how they could pull off their achievements.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Back to the werewolves burning books guys.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Claw »

Hey let us talk about whatever we want to my friend or :lol: IDK what your talking about werewolves burning books but that sounds interesting and i still like your comment Redeye. i told my dad and he was glad said something about that and he was glad you support us on that subject. :howl:  :oo
I am the shield,
I am the sword.