Account Fatigue

The place for anything at all...
Baphnedia

Account Fatigue

Post by Baphnedia »

It might just be me, or it might not. How many of us used to be members of many other forums?

As for myself, I used to be a part of these forums (forums in bold I am still active in now):
Baxtalk
phpBB Forums
Obsidian
Draconia (or was it Draconic?)
B# Round Table
Claudia Christian forums
Ogame Forums
A player-based Ogame forum (I forget what it was called)
The Pack
Wolfmovie Forums
House of -Y-
Paradice Forums

I'm thinking there are a few more that I can't think of right now... but ya. I'm not as active in other communities as I used to be. What about you?
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I have been going to message boards for about eleven years, the first message board I went to has not been busy in years, many years ago there become a lot of programs and others set out and made their own forums, which has been dead for some time as well. There was a time I went to a few at the same time then went down to a couple, there are some forums that are gone to for information, tech forums, deals sites, movies, comics, I came here to have one personal forum out of all of them, mostly been here and one other place for the last couple years.

Only active on "The Pack" and one other forum, do not really count the ones for information as I only go there when needed, signed up to the Werewolf Cafe, have not posted much there, I have signed up to many forums over the years, many where never that active at any time.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Cheat Planet (stopped posting)
Waileong (disappeared)
TLKRP (disappeared)
[mature-themed website] (disappeared)
The NWN2 Forge (stopped posting)
The Kvetch Board (stopped posting)
Mike Reed's Flame Warriors (stopped posting)
myNBC Community (stopped posting)
[mature-themed website] (stopped posting)
Furtopia (banned)
Gaia Online (stopped posting)
[mature-themed website]
NEOPETS
The Pack

And the weird thing is that looking back on that, there's only, like, two websites that I once posted at frequently before losing interest in. The first was Cheat Planet, which I left after a poster that had been (infamously) banned numerous times was inexplicably made an Administrator. The other was Furtopia, where again, my sudden complete lack of interest was owed to one administrator (she basically banned me over something completely taken out of context, then justified it based on statements I had made to her after the fact). All the other websites I stopped posting at either disappeared (and by that I mean the URLs didn't work anymore), or I never really posted frequently at to begin with.

So unless Figarou either decides he hates cats and/or the color blue, or my link to the Pack website starts taking me to a website with nothing but banner ads on it, I expect to be here a while. :D
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Ehh I don't quit forums easily, because I don't join forums readily. For example, before I settled on The Pack, I checked out several other werewolf sites and their forums had a fraction of the quality (and plenty of therian drama and "I r teh real werewolf" junk to boot.) I have to be choosey.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

ditto...although I haven't been here long... but once I'm here I'll probably be sticking around a while, because I too do not join forums readily.

I really do think forums like this need more members to be stubborn, stick around, and just blatantly NOT put up with it when there's an influx of n00bs (the bad kind) who do nothing but run around between threads, often banding together with others of their kind, and cause trouble...that if anything is one of the big destabilizing factors that should NOT be such a big reason for people to leave, especially older, more dedicated members. Seriously, leaving for those reasons does not help the rest of the forum when you're gone, and the disruption responsible for your leaving is still hanging around unpunished.

Not to promote all-out n00b bashing....but some people need it done to them so they can see where they stand, and what kinds of problems they cause for other people.

If you *really* can't deal with it and are fed up, or otherwise have fundamental problems with the place as a whole, and that's why you feel you must take a break or leave altogether, by all means that's different... but still. That's just my two cents.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

...Awereness Forums. That's one I forgot.

I left 'em for a reason.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

I am a member of a few, and I actively post at them when I am in the mood...

Werewolf.com (I've been a member there since 1998)
Werewolf Cafe
Electric-Entertainment (was once Centropolis Entertainment)
Screenwriter (hosted by the creators of Movie Magic Screenwriter - I just purchased version 6)
Skip Press News Group (hosted at Yahoo)
The Pack

That is really it. I don't remember registering anywhere else... Again, I still actively post at these sites. Not a whole lot... but I post. :P
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I can't remember any other forum that i once posted in because i posted in them like only one or two times.

The only forums i have ever been really active in is the pack and Bnet (Bungie.net - halo 3 related) which i still post but not as often as i did before.
THE GAME

My Armory
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Hmmm...
The first place I ever joined was some Watership Down fan site. On yahoo, so it had a crappy layout. Around 2001ish.
Others:
The Furry Forum (RPed a lot there. Now its dead)
Furtopia
Awareness Forums
Werelist
Wolf Movie
Werewolfcafe
werewolf-movies
animated-news
Gorillaz
rottentomatoes
gaia
timburtoncollective
and a handful of other small rp sites back in the day. A Lord of the Rings one, anthro one, werewolf one....proably some others I forgot.

I lurk at most of them still, the only one I ever was really commited to was The Furry Forum and this place. :)
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Now lurking is another matter, that is done on a few sites.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Gaia Online (back then it was called "Go-Gaia")
Steel Battalion Central
Steel Battalion Dot Org
The Forerunners
The Pack
24/7 Freelancer LV
...and a few I cant remember the name of, or barely ever posted in.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I still go to 2 home theater forums and one other werewolf forum. (werewolfcafe)

Thats all I have time for now.

Terastas wrote:So unless Figarou either decides he hates cats and/or the color blue, or my link to the Pack website starts taking me to a website with nothing but banner ads on it, I expect to be here a while. :D
:o

Oh.....I HATE cats!!! And the color Blue....hate it....hate it...HATE IT!!!

:jester:
Last edited by Figarou on Thu May 15, 2008 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Cats are great, they just have different personalities, some are more relaxed then others. :D

Fig, is the home theater forums you go to busy?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Xiroteus wrote:Cats are great, they just have different personalities, some are more relaxed then others. :D

Fig, is the home theater forums you go to busy?
Oh...yes. Very busy.

Its great to talk to other people who happens to have the same type of home theater setup.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Oh god, I've signed up for so many forums I have to google my user name sometimes to find them.

And then again, because I've been using "outward" as a simplified user-name of late, that's nearly imposible. :P
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

outwarddoodles wrote:Oh god, I've signed up for so many forums I have to google my user name sometimes to find them.
*nods* Me too. That list I posted above isn't even complete. It's got all the forums I ever once cared about though, so I'm just going to leave it at that. :P