Yet another hello from yet another newb

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
Fenrir Wolf
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Lone Wolf

Yet another hello from yet another newb

Post by Fenrir Wolf »

Hello. I found out about this place pretty much because I was just surfing the web, and I have to say, this place beats any vampire community I've ever seen. I'm thrilled to be part of a community that's all about werewolves, and hope to take part in many an interesting conversation. As for about me...I've always loved werewolves. When I was very young, I got Frankentsein and The Wolf Man on VHS, and to this day I still love the old Universal classics. Several years later, my dad introduced me to An American Werewolf in London, which has yet to be topped for me. Today, I'm a fan of all werewolf stories and movies. Everything from the Waldemar Daninsky film series (starring the great Paul Naschy) to The Wolf Man to Underworld to Red Riding Hood to Wagner the Wehr-Wolf is fair game for me. And of course, as should be obvious by my avatar and name, I love the story of the Fenrir Wolf a great deal too.

My interest also branches out into the mystery of whether or not werewolves exist. The mystery of vampires is unfortunately tainted by gothic wannabes who think they're bonafide vampires just because they like the latest trend of blood sucking, and the likes of such tales as Psi-Vampires and Sang-Vampires, which I think are purely imagination, conjured up purely based on film interpretation, and the club-goers who tell tales that would make the Count of St. Germain's head spin. But Werewolves are open ground, and I think there's a much greater mystery when it comes to them. It helps a little that werewolfism isn't something you can just get fake fangs for and say you are one. Since it's much harder to simply fake, I think that makes it a little easier for digging, while at the same time harder, because it's that much more of a mystery.

As for me, I wouldn't say I'm a werewolf, but I've often wondered if I did have some form of lycanthropy. One thing I've noticed is that whenever I have a (totally human) thought of doing something wrong, sickening, or just plain old evil, a strange thing happens. Normally a person would just cringe and think to themselves, "what was I thinking, I'd never do that." But when this happens to me, I go into a kind of spasm, and start growling. Literally growling. It's often left me quite bewildered, once I've settled down to understand what just happened. I'm not sure how to explain it.

Anyway, I hope this wasn't too long of a first post. Again, I look forward to chatting with the rest of the pack, and hope to have a much more fun time here than I have at any know-it-all vampire forum.
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Ah yes, the grand mythos of the great wolf god Fenrir. I know i speak for everyone when i say, "its great to welcome a new pup to our ever growing pack family" but then that means that this isn't original and your not getting a genuine response. Blue-eyes in the dark here, can't wait to better introduce myself. oh, and don't use noob, it's not becoming of anyone. :|
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Ebony
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Ebony »

Hi and welcome to the pack :D :howl:  :oo
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

trust me, if you hang with Ebony, she won't steer you wrong. :D
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Fenrir Wolf
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Fenrir Wolf »

Thanks, folks. I'm at a birthday party for a tiny cousin, so I won't be posting toooo much for a little while at least. But, I'll be posting more frequently later in the day. Thanks again. :D
EDIT: Alrighty, home now. It was fun.
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

Blue-eyes in the dark wrote: oh, and don't use noob, it's not becoming of anyone. :|
And pup is :D ? But welcome Fenrir! You'll be amazed at how...detailed we can get in our discussions. Of course, you're a few years late for most of the stuff, so if you want to go back through the achives and drag up some old topics, feel free.
Fenrir Wolf
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Fenrir Wolf »

Kelpten wrote:You'll be amazed at how...detailed we can get in our discussions. Of course, you're a few years late for most of the stuff, so if you want to go back through the achives and drag up some old topics, feel free.
I sure will. And details are nice. I like details. I have a nasty tendency to drag some of my posts on, and get really detailed with them, so it's good to hear that this place is pretty detailed too. :D