Ranting and raving

The place for anything at all...
lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

Ranting and raving

Post by lycan94 »

Why do you people avoid replying on my posts like there the plauge ever since that disaster called "Werewolf Culture". If you were there, you probably remember. But Seriously. I started 3 new topics and only one got replied to.MY POSTS DO NOT HAVE LEPOROSY, PLEASE REPLY, I BEG YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

There's a fine line between posting a topic on a message board and seeking attention by means of intentional (and possibly annoying) advertising.

This is a public fishing spot, and the rules universally state that you have to wait indefinitely until the fish bites. Please, don't pull the line until then, otherwise the hook will get in your mouth instead.
lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

?

Post by lycan94 »

Speak english
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Re: ?

Post by Berserker »

lycan94 wrote:Speak english
He spoke perfect English. Don't blame him if your comprehension sucks.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Ranting and raving

Post by alphanubilus »

lycan94 wrote:Why do you people avoid replying on my posts like there the plauge ever since that disaster called "Werewolf Culture". If you were there, you probably remember. But Seriously. I started 3 new topics and only one got replied to.MY POSTS DO NOT HAVE LEPOROSY, PLEASE REPLY, I BEG YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is a plauge? Or do you mean... plague. :p

Just keep posting. Don't fret about it. Sometimes it takes a while for people to come around to reading your posts. Not every post you are going to write is going to get replied to, that is a fact. My HOD news posts usually only get one to two posts, so I doubt it has anything to do with you, just who is on the board and if they are interested in interacting with the discussion...
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

What kitetsu was saying was that you can't expect everyone to flock to you're posts, because we don't do that for anyone's. If it's interesting and people see it, then they'll post on it. Don't take it personally. And I think he also said that posting "rant" threads about not getting replies is just going to hurt your reputation here, so be patient. That about it, kitetsu?

By the way, nice fishing metaphor :D
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Yes, that's exactly what i was trying to say. Unfortunately i have taken his reply as a scathing and youthfully ignorant insult. Shame, i should be retaliating with me violently strangulating him.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Nobody replies to me either, but I don't whine about it.
I reply to posts I find interesting or relevant.
Make your posts more interesting and people will respond more.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

I wouldn't complain or worry. If you're new at a forum or just don't talk to people a lot, people won't always go to your threads right off the bat. They don't know you, they will likely read and reply first to threads by members they know and topics they are interested in. If you post interesting, new topics, AND REPLY TO OTHER TOPICS with intelligent, well thought out, non-offensive posts, people will come to know and recognize you for that, and will eventually be more inclined to view your threads when you start them.

So just hang in there, try to play nice, and be patient....and start by replying in other people's threads, don't expect it to be a one-way thing.

And while I'm at it, I might as well say it before it comes into question.... don't confuse RPG threads with serious conversation, there IS an RPG section, do the RPG there....please.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

It takes time to gain currency (and I don't mean money) on any forum, and this one is no different.

Try replying to posts and show people where you stand.
Look at what gets responses, and take that as a venue; later making your own specific views known.

Ask questions in threads. Get people aware of you: take a look at all the new people who post a few times and then vanish. Demonstrate you're here for the duration.

In short; Be Patient and Keep At It.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

I have that same problem lycan94, i ask good questions but after certaint times nobody will respond for a long time. So ur not alone. :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.