RIP Stan Winston

The place for anything at all...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

RIP Stan Winston

Post by Silverclaw »

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37106

Terrible news....
He was involved in so many great movies; he did beautiful work.
:cry:
:mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn:

Sad day :(
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

No. He was one of my biggest heroes. :(
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

....Oh god, he is one of my most favorite creature designers and original thinker. He created some werewolf action figures and the Realm of the Claw as well. :mourn:

The monsters/creautures he designed: Jurassic Park, Alien, Terminator, Predator, etc.

May you rest in peace, Stan Winston. Forever your work be cherished by movie directors, producers, and fans.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

RIP.

Seems like all the legends of the various venues of entertainment are passing on these days. Huh.

'Least it was nice and peaceful.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

And to think one of his dreams was to see a good werewolf movie. He loved werewolves... :(
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

HEre's hoping HOD or FREEBORN or CL comes out and hits it BIG....shame I'll never be able to work with the guy. I met him once...very briefly...was a very nice and polite man.

*bawl*
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

No, not Stan Winston! I love Stan Winston, he is my idle! I love Aliens, Terminator, Predator and Terminator, I grew up with them and forever they have set the biggest impression on me than any other movie! RIP Stan Winston. :cry:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I went out and rented Terminator. Stan Winston may have gone onward, but his work will live here for many many years.
That's how one lives on in this world: through your work, and Stan Winston's work still lives on.

Morturia non Vicet; Ars longa, Vita brevis.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

IndianaJones wrote:He created some werewolf action figures and the Realm of the Claw as well.
I have one of those guys. I usually dont collect action figures but saw it and had to have it. He did some real awesome work!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Geez...this is sad news... I loved this guys work. I hope people will take from his skills and put it into their own. He deserves to have his work remembered and passed on at least in someway :(
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

:( He'll always be here, thanks to everything he did. I never saw terminator, alien or predator (at least not in full), but the Jurassic Park movies were some of my favorites... {slouches} are all the best talents dying off now, or is it just me?

(You sure did love the dinosaurs when you were younger, didn't you?)

I still do...

(Look at it this way... yes, Stan Winston's gone, but, perhaps in another... twenty or so years, we hear of another one... great artists never truly die... and sometimes, they're never truly finished doing what they love... Either he'll be back someday to scare us {bleep} less again, or someone else will, and he'll be behind it.
Rest in Peace Stan Winston. It's going to be nearly impossible to forget you.)

Yeah... Rest in Peace. {goes off to cry in a corner} :cry:
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)