Stop internet censorship in Australia

Post by Set »

Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Re: Stop internet censorship in Australia

Post by Spongy »

I didn't expect Australia to start censoring internet content...

But as much as I disagree with censorship, if you don't live in Australia there isn't much you can do?
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Austrailia already holds the record for most video games banned from a country.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

spongypants23 wrote:But as much as I disagree with censorship, if you don't live in Australia there isn't much you can do?
Probably not, but I signed the damn thing anyway. The world doesn't need another China.
Wselfwulf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wselfwulf »

It absolutely sucks. The censorship and lack of R rating is taking far too long to be amended thanks to reactionaries and now internet censorship? I've already heard Rudd's totalitarian idiocy regarding education and so now here's another thing I'd like to cram up various orifices of his. But I don't think this will pull through, as everyone from the opposition to most Australian citizens like myself being vehemently opposed.
Real humanity presents a mixture of all that is most sublime and beautiful with all that is vilest and most monstrous in the world - Mikhail Bakunin, God and The State

Nothing in life is certain except negative patient care outcomes and revenue enhancement - William Lutz
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wselfwulf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wselfwulf »

Oh yes the opposition are simply trying to win brownie points by following public opinion. Then the full moon of the election turns around and we see the beast we've put into power.

And different places seem to ban different things. I recently got the witcher and apart from Europe which seemed to get mainly unscathed code, some places were banned for violent content (eg decapitations and such) whilst we kept that but sexual content took an overhaul (eg the 'conquest' cards).

EDIT - http://www.wakinggiant.org/au_censorship.htm
Real humanity presents a mixture of all that is most sublime and beautiful with all that is vilest and most monstrous in the world - Mikhail Bakunin, God and The State

Nothing in life is certain except negative patient care outcomes and revenue enhancement - William Lutz