Alternative Werewolves

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

I like that system with the call. Teh Nifteh! Or something silly like that :P

Anyway, another method I heard of, supposedly based on the mythological shapeshifting methods of South American shamans: skin yourself and put the skin back on inside-out. Fun and yummy lck
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Anyway that system would be alot more interesting.
for example like oyu have trouble controling cravings for raw meat.
Er, I don't know about the raw meat thing. I get those cravings anyway. More specifically it's for the blood, but raw meat is delicious. What I'm trying to say here is that wouldn't be specifically a werewolf thing. And animals will eat both cooked and raw meat. They just eat whatever's there even if it's been in the sun for awhile and is starting to smell. The only animal that would crave something like that would be a vampire bat, because all they eat (well, drink) is blood.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Reilune wrote:
Er, I don't know about the raw meat thing. I get those cravings anyway. More specifically it's for the blood, but raw meat is delicious. What I'm trying to say here is that wouldn't be specifically a werewolf thing. And animals will eat both cooked and raw meat. They just eat whatever's there even if it's been in the sun for awhile and is starting to smell. The only animal that would crave something like that would be a vampire bat, because all they eat (well, drink) is blood.
You eat raw meat! :o , uuuh go to KFC, ill cook you some chicken right away :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Reilune wrote:

What ever you do, don't eat raw pork!!!
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

and chicken is almost as evil. raw pork gives you parasites; raw chicken can give you salmonella.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Shadowblaze wrote:and chicken is almost as evil. raw pork gives you parasites; raw chicken can give you salmonella.
uuuh!! what abouty raw fish!!! i ate sushi!!(not really) :D ok enough topic drift
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Alright, instead of having a unique condition for becoming a werewolf, how about there being a unique condition that must be met before returning to human form?

Okay an obvious choice for such a condition, if this were a straight-up horror flick would be consuming human blood. Though for a more dramatic, less horror heavy film something like, falling asleep might suffice.

I dunno, just a thought, and I would like to hear all your thoughts/suggestions for such a situation.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

mmm mabey they have to soften there bones just a bit, i was think in AMWL, when the guy TF into a werewolf he heats up alot, mabey its to soften the bones a bit in order to shift and the blood is getting all rushed trying to provide air for the body on the expanding or contracting body.
Image Image
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

WolvenOne wrote:Alright, instead of having a unique condition for becoming a werewolf, how about there being a unique condition that must be met before returning to human form?

Okay an obvious choice for such a condition, if this were a straight-up horror flick would be consuming human blood. Though for a more dramatic, less horror heavy film something like, falling asleep might suffice.

I dunno, just a thought, and I would like to hear all your thoughts/suggestions for such a situation.
Traditionally, you cannot change back unless you put your human clothes back on.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Doruk Golcu wrote:Traditionally, you cannot change back unless you
put your human clothes back on.
Traditionally, you could also be changed back if someone called out your name.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:
Doruk Golcu wrote:Traditionally, you cannot change back unless you
put your human clothes back on.
Traditionally, you could also be changed back if someone called out your name.
i find that name calling theory so stupid,* goes up to a werewolf* beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice. poooof
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:i find that name calling theory so stupid
Then I bestow upon you the task of going back in time and telling the people who wrote these things that. Just don't step on any butterflies.

There were a couple of stories where someone who had no idea what they were doing put on the wolf belt. I liked those.
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Post by Kavik »

WolvenOne wrote:Alright, instead of having a unique condition for becoming a werewolf, how about there being a unique condition that must be met before returning to human form?

Such was the case in CATPEOPLE (okay, not actually wereWOLVES, but the principle applies), in which Passion triggered the shift to animal, and human blood was the only way to trigger the shift back.

This could work, though wolves aren't really known to attack people. Maybe making any warm-blooded kill would do the job, and humans just happen to be the esiest prey for the typical urban lycanthrope.
:afro:
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm
Tovam
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Tovam »

Killing humans to keep your own humanity? That seems absurd, it's almost like in the real world
I like it :lol:
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

About the theory with the drugs, I just read some books that delt with that. Of course, the drug didn't make you shift. You had to be already a werewolf in order for it to have any effect. It was in "The Wereling" trilogy. You guys heard of it? If you haven't you have to go read it.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Hehehe, okay good, looks like we've managed to stop the topic-drift.

Okay, quick response to people that're saying "traditionally this or that happens," keep in mind that the name of this topic is Alternative Werewolves. Lets not get too hung up on traditions.

As for the "eating human flesh," to return to normal bit. That's just one possability. Another would be, oh, I dunno, howling at the full-moon.... ...of course, that condition would be a bit more difficult to fullfill and would force a werewolf to stay transformed for days or weeks at a time.
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Post by Kavik »

As long as we're exploring non-traditional possibilities, how about the old Jekyll / Hyde variation? The wolf-side is triggered through a chemical concoction, which initially wears off after a few hours, but the body gradually becomes accustomed to the drug, either requiring stronger doses to go wolf, or the need for an antidote to go back. Either way is likely to result in the scientist werewolf eventually losing his humanity completely.

(Similar to a 'regression to caveman' episode I saw of the Outer Limits)
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

WolvenOne wrote:Okay, quick response to people that're saying "traditionally this or that happens," keep in mind that the name of this topic is Alternative Werewolves. Lets not get too hung up on traditions.
I just brought it up to show that there was more than one way to get a werewolf to revert.