Any of those thrill ride people?

The place for anything at all...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Any of those thrill ride people?

Post by outwarddoodles »

AS you may now know from my ranting about loss of brain cells today on rollercoasters I wanted to ask a question. What do you all ride when you go to an Amusement park?

Near us is Kings Island, a great place to go to: http://www.pki.com/ I was with there with my step mom only.

So as I was there I rode some of the orignals, the Beast, Still the World's Longest Wooden Roller Coaster for over 20 years. The Beast still runs around the woods with 7,400 feet of track at speeds of over 60 mph through dark tunnels and it's twin helix. The the racer, which is yet another wooden roller coaster, and frount train and a backwards one that both race. The ofcource Top Gun.

Yet, despite my fear I managed to get on the Drop Zone. 26 stories from a height of 315 feet straight down at speeds of over 61 mph. it's the tallest Gyro Drop in the World. So I screamed the first seacond and the bext second I yelled 'This is cool!'.

Later, after trudging along the park along many rides, I'm not typing these in order. I managed, me and my Step Mom Kat to sit on it. Placing my glasses and hat at the loading area. Up the 214-foot hill to a steep steep drop down down down. I screamed and then shut my trap to think 'Sweet!'. Though 78 miles an hour is fast and quite fun what scared me was the loop. The instant I saw it I screamed and wailed 'Oh my God! Son of a Beast! (Bicth wasn't too appropiet, and it IS a Son of the Beast!). The tallest, fastest, and only looped wooden roller coaster. Which to tell you really put some hurtings on me.

It was so fun we rode again!

(Kings island has the biggest dropping machine, longest and second highest wooden, and fastest, highest and only looped wooden. Boy, they got some rides.)

My day wasn't with out freaking out. We waited to see what the Tomb Raider ride was. It had such an eleborate begining, inculding props from the set Temple, it was so fancy and everything. AS waiting the lady told us there were pouches for keeping all loose items in, when it flips it takes no mercy on any thing. So my heart stopped a moment, and then decieded it was probaly like Flight of Fear. As going in there was a big platform, it was not a roller coaster but what seemed to be some evil flipping machine. I trembled and even cried untill I was allowed off.
:D

So I'm wondering? Does anyone here love the high Thrill rides, or stick to the easeir kind?
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

lck I am a real coaster junky. Ridden lots of em all at Kings dominion Hershey Park and both Busch Gardens my next place to go would have to be ceader point have not been there yet. My favorite would have to be apollos chariot in Busch Gardens Willamsburg the air time is amazing.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Ive only been to roller coasters at canada's wonderland, disny land((or world, what ever.. the one in florida)) and busch gardens((which really, they need to be more organized))
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

My professional oppinion on rollar coasters is to try to ride the ones in Las vegas like the New York New York, and The one at stratosphere, oh and a lot of others I can't think of. 8)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I rode on something like this before:

http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/8903 ... r012ta.jpg

That freefall drop was scarier than any rollercoaster I've ever been on by far.

As for the wooden ones, they were always too painful to enjoy.

-- Vilkacis
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Darth Canis wrote:lck I am a real coaster junky. Ridden lots of em all at Kings dominion Hershey Park and both Busch Gardens my next place to go would have to be ceader point have not been there yet. My favorite would have to be apollos chariot in Busch Gardens Willamsburg the air time is amazing.
hey!! i just notice something! :D your in florida too, where gainsville at. i only live 35 min away, north of tampa
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

my personal faverite is the gost rider a wooden coster very violant and very fast :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Vilkacis wrote:I rode on something like this before:

-- Vilkacis
bah, they ripped the name off from disney :evil:
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Searif Bogard wrote:bah, they ripped the name off from disney :evil:
I know they did (in fact, I've ridden that Disney one -- it wasn't as scary as the one I'm talking about; although, it did take pictures, which was neat). The one I rode looked a lot different and was called 'Tower of Power,' or some such thing. However, the idea is the same: go really, really, really high, then get dropped.

-- Vilkacis
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Well, to be blunt, after living a life of real danger, Roller-Coasters simply don't thrill me. Infact the last time I went on a Roller-Coaster I spent the entire trip calmly having a conversation with the person sitting next to me... Or I tried to at least, she was having a hard time keeping her wits about her.
TrotFox
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by TrotFox »

I'm not a junkie but if there's a reasonable coaster nearby I'll be on it. One exception to this it the Titan at Six Flags over Texas. No roller coaster that brings _me_ near blackout gets my vote. At two points the screaming faded out mid-turn as people started to get woozy. I did the G-suit trick of tensing muscles to force blood back into my head and retained my senses enough to realise that I wasn't enjoying myself.

On the other paw, The Beast was my absolute favorite ride evar!!!

Nothing beats doing 100+ in a vehicle that's completely under one's own control though. One of these years I will get into some sort of racing as a hobby. : ] I am not too proud to admit that I know what the top speed of each of my vehicles is due to experience. Not that I've taken them there, just that I've gotten really darned close.

Trot, the sometimes-scary-fast, fox...
|. /\_/\ TrotFox Greyfoot \ Always remember,
| ( o o ) AKA Landon Solomon \ "There is a
| >\_/< trotfox at gmail.com \ third alternative."
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Vilkacis wrote:I rode on something like this before:

-- Vilkacis
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/csimon/us ... stance.jpg - This is the one I went on. Which is the tallest Gyro drop. And if you can't stand bumpy wooden roller coasters the Son of Beast ain't for you.
On the other paw, The Beast was my absolute favorite ride evar!!!
So I'm guessing you've been to Kings Island? Have you ridden the son yet?

Otherwise, Wolven One. Thats what I do, I usually talk when on Roller Coasters, or I just sit there silently. Sometimes I do scream for the fun of it. Theres no better excuse to scream than being on a rollercoaster.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I love roller coasters. When I was a little kid, I used to be a big chicken and I wouldn't ride them, but now I LOOOOVEEE THEM!!!!

Except for one time we waited about an hour in line to ride a certain roller coaster, and when we got to the front, the seats were too small for one of my friends to fit in them. He couldn't ride it. :( . The rest of us still rode it, but it sorta took a bit of the fun out of it.