werewolf the dominate species

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Tovam wrote:What about domestic animals?
Would werwolves keep dogs? Or cats or birds?
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewtopic.php?t=138
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Post by Kavik »

Terastas wrote:Conveniently, this is pretty freakin' close to the premesis of a book I'm working on (just replace "planet" with "country"). :D
Sounds interesting. I wonder just how many members of the Pack are working on werewolf fiction of their own...

Anyway -- if werewolves have naturally aggressive behavior that would cause them to subjugate or otherwise 'inferiorize' their human brethren, I could see society eventually turning out like Planet of the Apes almost. If not, things may stay relatively the same as what we know, except of course that social structures would become largely pack oriented and acrobatic physical feats would be much more commonplace (they'd have to have folks assigned to constantly scrape off all the stuntmen trying to scale tall buildings).
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Kavik wrote: Sounds interesting. I wonder just how many members of the Pack are working on werewolf fiction of their own...
I'm working on a book called "Werewolf The Ulitimate Minoritity" haven't started writting but i'm doing a lot of reasurch, planning, and alot of book s*** I have to before I write chapter one one this thing. I posted a topic about this book in general stuff selection of this forum.
THE GAME

My Armory
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Well, I'd imagine if it were werewolves since the begining they'd be behind us. We as humans have hunted using tools, and we advanced with their usage. While a werewolf could shift into another form and hunt thus not needed as much tools. I'd really think a werewolf soceity starting from the caveman times would really change and grow differently than us.

Now, say this soceity, like taking today, and suddenly changing them all into werewolves. Then I'd imagine partys on the full moon, and people walking by in what ever form fits them for that moment. Clothing and objects would be specialy made for changes withen different forms. But I'd suspect that because a human form is more useful on using objects that things would be macthed for that form. So controllers, remotes, tools, games, rollercoasters, etc would most likely be made to fit a human. Once again, guessing the human form is most useful, it may be the set form. Such as when you go to school you must be as a human. And police records will need more photos too.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

I'm sorry I called you "Meatloaf"!

Post by Scott Gardener »

I think Wolf Marine's story concept involves werewolves who have made the world aware of who they are. I've been working with a similar premise for followup on my own storyline. In present day, werewolves are hidden. But, after late 2012, they reveal themselves. Mass chaos ensues, but out of it the world gradually goes from the verge of WWIII to a time of near world peace around 2040. (Granted, that peace gets shot to crap when the makers of the werewolves show up in 2065.)

I get the idea from the title and leaked concepts that rather than being dominant over humanity, the werewolves in Wolf Marine's world are just trying to live, and it's the humans who are treating them with less than ideal levels of respect. I can easily see werewolves being treated as a repressed minority, in spite of the obvious advantages lycanthropy would grant. This repression would stem from religious Fundamentalism and fanaticism, general fear and human paranoia, and perhaps a little deliberate misinformation by a few unscrupulous individuals. But, in the long run, it wouldn't last, for the following reasons:

1. Revelations and Armageddon doesn't happen--you can only foretell imminant doom so long before the Apocalypse actually has to happen. Just ask the Seventh Day Adventists

2. Once you get past the first few changes, it's a lot better being a werewolf than not being one, even if you're not a therian or werewolf fan

3. The scientific research potential that lycanthropy would offer would be too tantalizing. Forget stem cells and fetal tissue. We've got something that regenerates, modifies aging, and cures everything from chronic pain to cancer and diabetes. And the difference in quantity and quality of research between a world of underground secret torture labs and a world of volunteers, DNA and tissue donations, large scale surveys, and public databases, many of them done by lycanthropes themselves, would be enormous.

4. Most people aren't fanatic. In fact, their opinions are very easily changed when given new information. Even fanatics are only fanatic about certain things; the things to which they're indifferent, they'll readily adapt. For that reason, most people could be a lot more friendly to werewolves once they got to know a few and saw that they don't kill people and talk to their undead zombies.

The alternative would be werewolves who have remained secretive, but control the world--a sort of variant on the ever popular "vampire illuminati" concept. (Just substitute werewolves for vampires.)

Kavik:
Sounds interesting. I wonder just how many members of the Pack are working on werewolf fiction of their own...
I think most of us have one or more story ideas going in our heads. The question is simply how many of us are writing it down. The simple answer is, not enough. Ideas were made to be developed.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kavik »

wolf marine wrote:
Kavik wrote: Sounds interesting. I wonder just how many members of the Pack are working on werewolf fiction of their own...
I'm working on a book called "Werewolf The Ulitimate Minoritity" haven't started writting but i'm doing a lot of reasurch, planning, and alot of book s*** I have to before I write chapter one one this thing. I posted a topic about this book in general stuff selection of this forum.

I recall you had a Topic about a werewolf superhero that I assumed was the kernel of a novel in the making, but you rather bluntly told me to keep my comments to myself (only with more bluntliness that that) so I figured these ideas weren't actually being presented for discussion.
:dunce:
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Kavik wrote:
wolf marine wrote:

I recall you had a Topic about a werewolf superhero that I assumed was the kernel of a novel in the making, but you rather bluntly told me to keep my comments to myself (only with more bluntliness that that) so I figured these ideas weren't actually being presented for discussion.
:dunce:
sorry i was having a bad day. very irritible, so i kind took it out on you, i'm sorry for that it was wrong. :( :punishment:
THE GAME

My Armory
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

If werewolves ruled the world, the chance of a war would be greater.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kavik »

wolf marine wrote: sorry i was having a bad day. very irritible, so i kind took it out on you, i'm sorry for that it was wrong. :( :punishment:
Eh, it happens. No harm done. hwlwnk
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Morkulv wrote:If werewolves ruled the world, the chance of a war would be greater.
What makes you say that? Wolves tend to be shy animals.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kavik »

Lupin wrote:
Morkulv wrote:If werewolves ruled the world, the chance of a war would be greater.
I'd think wolves would be more likely to settle issues on a one-on-one basis, rather than dragging whole nations into their problems. Once one wolf proves to be the superior the other will fall into submission; fight's over. :biteme:
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Kavik wrote:
Lupin wrote:
I'd think wolves would be more likely to settle issues on a one-on-one basis, rather than dragging whole nations into their problems. Once one wolf proves to be the superior the other will fall into submission; fight's over. :biteme:
Could be. But a werewolf still is a predator, and in human form, we all know what somebody could do. "Hey, I can transform into a werewolf, lets kill somebody!! Hell with that, lets rule the world!!" :lol:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Re: I'm sorry I called you "Meatloaf"!

Post by outwarddoodles »

Scott Gardener wrote: Kavik:
I think most of us have one or more story ideas going in our heads. The question is simply how many of us are writing it down. The simple answer is, not enough. Ideas were made to be developed.
It appears that there are different people who write and create their own versions of their werewolves down in stories. I personaly want to when I'm older write a book and study on how what a real lycanthropy virus would be like, I just hope no one actually deceides to use my book to make real werewolves. I still just need to study up on more things before that happens.
:D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

I almost killed myself laughing. The back and forth between Lupin and marine wolf (air conditioner) was so funny - I laughed so much I couldn't breathe.

Tears in the eyes, and still laughing.

Whew. Wipe eyes.

That was funny, guys.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Silver wrote:I almost killed myself laughing. The back and forth between Lupin and marine wolf (air conditioner) was so funny - I laughed so much I couldn't breathe.

Tears in the eyes, and still laughing.

Whew. Wipe eyes.

That was funny, guys.
why thank you, :D i love to make people laugh
THE GAME

My Armory
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

wolf marine wrote:why thank you, :D i love to make people laugh
hey!! Thats my job!!

:jester:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Silver wrote:That was funny, guys.
Heh, thanks.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Figarou wrote:
wolf marine wrote:why thank you, :D i love to make people laugh
hey!! Thats my job!!

jelous much
THE GAME

My Armory
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

wolf marine wrote:jelous much
I wonder if werewolves would eat Jello.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
wolf marine wrote:jelous much
I wonder if werewolves would eat Jello.

Sure!! They love having that jiggly feeling in thier tummy.

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

where did the jello thing come from ??
THE GAME

My Armory
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

wolf marine wrote:where did the jello thing come from ??
"jelous"
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Lupin wrote:
wolf marine wrote:where did the jello thing come from ??
"jelous"
*scratches head* HUH? ??
THE GAME

My Armory
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

wolf marine wrote:*scratches head* HUH? ??
jelous -> jello
jello + werewolves = "Would werewolves eat jello?"

The would you wanted is spelled "jealous." (That wasn't a crack at your ability to spell.)
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

yes it was! you fiend!!!!!!!!! :D
THE GAME

My Armory