They arrest people for the dumbest reasons

The place for anything at all...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: They arrest people for the dumbest reasons

Post by Figarou »

Berserker wrote:
Figarou wrote:Just like ink refills in those Canon printers. Those ink refills will eat you alive when you have to keep on buying them. You'll be spending more money on ink compared to the printer. The games will cost more than the console if you're always getting a new game every few weeks.
Not a good comparison... ink is a consumable, a game is not.
I'm not comparing products.

What I'm comparing is the cost of having to buy supplies compared to the main product. Ink will cost more than the printer because you have to keep on buying it. Games will cost more than the console because I know you're not going to settle for just one game.
Chris
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chris »

Berserker wrote:How do you fail to see it? It seems pretty simple and linear to me.

Microsoft spends $100 to manufacture an XBox.
Microsoft sells an XBox for $150 to someone who wants to play XBox games. In fact, Microsoft forecasts a certain number of people to buy their console, and bases part of their business plan on it.
Microsoft gets $50 profit.
Interestingly, it's quite common for console makers to lose money on console sales. They make it back (plus some) on the sales of games. I think Nintendo is a rarity that they manage to turn a profit with console sales.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

And this is why I'm a PC Gamer.

Screw consoles and their locked down hardware and software. I'ma have full control over what I pay for. :grinp: