Compromised

The place for anything at all...
Baphnedia

Compromised

Post by Baphnedia »

My computer is compromised by some form of malware. It might be sometime before I make a return to The Pack, because, in addition to EVERYTHING ELSE that I'm doing, I now have to pick through everything I want to keep and find a 'special place' to back it up, without compromising other systems with malware in the process.

So, I'll be back sometime-ish.

For an updated (I just append the lists as I come across more information) list of what I'm going through, go to the link below:
http://www.paradice.net/phpbb/viewtopic ... 767#p10767
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Sevena

Re: Compromised

Post by Sevena »

i used to have both the SpyBot and the Avast programs on my old comp,but when we got our new laptop we got the Windows Live One Care.its cost 50 bucks when we bought it but we had a 50$ rebate as well so it was basicly free for the first year.i dont think you can buy it in the stores any more but you can still purchase it online and i have to say since we have had it, anything we have come across be it trojans or spy ware,etc, has been stomped on as soon as it was found.you might not want to shell out 50$ but for me its been well worth the money.its given my comp MAX protection, and i love it.

edit: ok well i just found out the they are discontinuing the One Care and coming out with a new program very similar called Security Essentials.that will be replacing the one care, and this program will be compatible with Windows 7.
they have a free beta download available.
Baphnedia

Re: Compromised

Post by Baphnedia »

Fun. Well, I wound up having to get a new laptop (backlight of the screen died), and likewise, I switched to Ubuntu. Thanks for the heads-up though.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook