laws

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
WereDog
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hell-hound From outer regions of pluto

Post by WereDog »

it is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and other domesticated animals kept as pets.
what were they smoking when they came up with that law?... oh, cigars :lol:
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Lupin wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote:
In California, animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
This I can find understandable. I can imagine someone was offended whether it be school or church and demanded this law be made.
But it's poinltess since most non-human animals can't read ??
It would be up to the owner to keep the animal from doing this, and yes I know theres also ferals.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

outwarddoodles wrote:It would be up to the owner to keep the animal from doing this, and yes I know theres also ferals.
There are already leash laws and whatnot that deal with people taking care of their animals. Like I said before, this is unenforceable.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i imagine that in some areas gesalt form would be forbiden like on school campuses, hopsitals, anyplace were people prepair food. for safty and health reasons.

in schools werewolves are required to where an ID bage stating that that person is a lanythrope.

and due to thier abilties they might reguire the school boards to have after school sports divitions for werewolves

i can't help stating this in dog shows people are required to have thier dogs tested to make shure that that dog and it handler isn't a werewolf and friend in the competition to make some easy money.
THE GAME

My Armory
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Segregation of werewolves into seperate schools would be a disturbingly plausible foothold of discrimination. The Fundamentalists and other conservatives here in the U.S. would insist that children be protected from accidentally getting lycanthropy from the werewolf kids. The mainstream public here would be divided on the issue, and it could be a hot topic, like abortion or stem cell research is today. But, if it were to happen, it would pave the way for other civil rights infringements, as would such things as public tracking systems (treating werewolves like sex offenders) or labelling insignias. (Imagine having to wear a five pointed star with the word "wolf" on it in Hebrew. Next stop, Auchwitz.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

yea that may be the case for a little while but when things cool down and after a few year of debaite years they would start mixing H and WW in school. but people would be worried about thier kids so secirity will be beefed up. problily WW would have to wear tag saying that they are werewolves.

ps this is really helping me with my book thanks :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

why would werewolves want to go to school with the "normal" kids? being "normal" sucks... i would think that they would make theyr own schools after becoming public knowledge....
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Darum wrote:why would werewolves want to go to school with the "normal" kids? being "normal" sucks... i would think that they would make theyr own schools after becoming public knowledge....
They wouldn't be allowed to play the regular sports because of the obvious facts of them being stronger and faster then regular humans. There would also be one of the seperate but equal things again, to keep the virus at bay for those who don't want it, not to be specieist (don't know if that works there).
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

WereDog wrote:that seems very country steriotypical.
what says that lycans wouldnt be more wellcome in irak then america?
It's not the region itself, but the way the region is predominantly governed. The Middle East is predominantly governed under systems of fundamentalism. As has already been discussed, the greatest opposition towards equal rights for werewolves would be the religious sect -- the people that believe lycanthropy is the result of a pact with the devil. They would not only oppose werewolf recognition, but would more likely than not petition for werewolf extermination.

Under a system of fundamentalism, religion is law. That's why the Middle East would oppose werewolves.

And as Scott's already covered in this thread (and as many of us have in other threads), America would be divided. On one side, you'd have the group I already mentioned: the relgious fanatics that would demand that the government segregate werewolves if not round up and exterminate them. And on the other side, you would have the equal rights movement to petition for werewolf recognition.

And sad but true, as I said before, the issue of lycanthropy would more likely than not become one more campaign policy for Republicans and Democrats. You can probably already tell how each party would handle the issue based on how they handle more current issues like gay marriage and abortion; Republicans ham it up to the religious sect with "sanctity of marriage" and "sanctity of life" speeches, whereas the Democrats pledge to the rights of the minorities. In the same way, the Republicans would rally the fanatics in support of werewolf registration, segregation, and hopefully drawing the line before extermination, and meanwhile the Democrats would organize a lycanthropy-awareness program.

Just one more thing for the Special Interest Muppet and the Corporate Sock Puppet to yap about in 2008.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

If humans knew about WWs and made laws:
No WW may shift in public
No WW may be in wolf/gestalt form in public (without a leash :P )
No WW may threaten the norms :wink:

Werewolves are not known by humans/ their laws:
No shifting in front/near humans
Any human who finds out about WWs will either be killed or changed
No bitting unless pack approved
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Werewolves would not be more welcome in Iraq. Even the more liberal people over there would make our conservatives look pretty open-minded. Most people there are die-hard Islamic, even if they're not radicals out to blow themselves up. Islam sees the animal kingdom divided into "clean" and "unclean." Canines are considered unclean. (This is one of the points that came up in the Abu Ghraib scandal--dogs were used to threaten the prisoners.) Contact with the blood of an unclean animal is considered damning. The thought of getting turned into one would make any Muslim short of the most liberal interpreter of the Koran revile in horror.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Silverclaw wrote:If humans knew about WWs and made laws:
No WW may shift in public
No WW may be in wolf/gestalt form in public (without a leash :P )
No WW may threaten the norms :wink:

Werewolves are not known by humans/ their laws:
No shifting in front/near humans
Any human who finds out about WWs will either be killed or changed
No bitting unless pack approved
thats redicoulus it would be like with the black people back in the slavery time, Im not shure if they wont to repeat that agien.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

wow, most of those laws are a bit harsh :( I would say they would just make it so that you cannot spread lycanthropy unless the person you are spreading it too wants to be a werewolf, and they must be free of criminal charges :D
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Shadow Wulf wrote: thats redicoulus it would be like with the black people back in the slavery time, Im not shure if they wont to repeat that agien.
A werewolf is capable of turning into a wolf, a whole nother species. So a werewolf isn't just a different race of humans, but like a different species. Werewolves are capable of doing something that may be unexplainable, very amazing, and something thats going to bring in the debates and conserversy.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote: thats redicoulus it would be like with the black people back in the slavery time, Im not shure if they wont to repeat that agien.
A werewolf is capable of turning into a wolf, a whole nother species. So a werewolf isn't just a different race of humans, but like a different species. Werewolves are capable of doing something that may be unexplainable, very amazing, and something thats going to bring in the debates and conserversy.
This is the argument that the conservatives would use to support any forms of werewolf persecution; the notion that werewolves are a completely different species and therefore not subject to protection under the law (and you'd probably hear Rush Limbaugh say something like: "Next thing you know, the liberals will demand voting rights for Alex the parrot and Coco the gorilla"). The opposing liberal argument, of course, would be that they are not a different species, but human beings with lycanthropy.

So when covering the elections, the news reporters would likely refer to it as the "lycanthrope vs. lycanthropy" debate.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Morkulv wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote:That Werewolves are not allowed to spread their desiese in any way.
:?
I know, I mispell that all the time. :D
Actually, that wasn't my point. :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Then what was your point?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

My point is, that you made it sound like it is a bad thing.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

I think Lycanthropy would be a disease as we refer to it here:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=disease
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Morkulv wrote:My point is, that you made it sound like it is a bad thing.
Depends on your perspective. Most of us wouldn't classify lycanthropy as a disease, but the majority would, especially at first glance.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

outwarddoodles wrote:I think Lycanthropy would be a disease as we refer to it here:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=disease
Most like likely, yes. Most of us would probably consider it a disease as well, if it weren't the idealized lycanthropy we usually talk about.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:
Morkulv wrote:My point is, that you made it sound like it is a bad thing.
Depends on your perspective. Most of us wouldn't classify lycanthropy as a disease, but the majority would, especially at first glance.
curse, gift, disease, ETC.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Laws are not known for following science, but I'm sure it would come up.

If humans become werewolves by infection with a virus-like genetic modifier, then the scientific community would probably consider a werewolf a human in a symbiotic relationship. It might first be described as a disease by some, but later, when the fear and paranoia subsides, it would instead be acknowledged as a new kind of thing altogether. (With rare exceptions, such as people with sickle cell disease having enhanced resistance to malaria, most diseases weaken and limit people, whereas lycanthropy bestows numerous advantages.)

Certainly, giving lycanthropy to an unwilling recipient would be tantamount to assault or rape. The question is whether or not to allow the lycanthropic community to recruit new members. I can see the conservatives going against it, and liberals favoring it. I'll admit that that's simply an assumption, but one based on actual past behavior regarding analogous phenomena. In particular, I think of real-world witches--pratitioners of Wicca, a minority Pagan religion, who continue to deal with persecution today from the Fundamentalists, who have strong ties with the conservative movement.

So, if you're an American werewolf and you're not in London or Paris, it's better to live in a blue state.

I can see werewolves protesting public nudity laws by "wolf-streaking," running in wolf form through public places, such as across sporting event fields.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I just thought of something.... If werewolfs were allowed to be accepted in public and all, what if Our human race were to later become on the endagered species list, you know sense Lycanthropy can be transfurred sexually, it can spread the way other sexually transmitted diesease, and already hundreds of millions of people have STD. So if werewolfs were to become too careless, it can put our race into a state of emergency.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

I don't see why that would happen. Werewolves are still half human.