What power should a werewolf have in its possession?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

The power to throw duckies?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Koshaw wrote:The power to throw duckies?

:grinwiggle: :wiggle:
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

Wynd wrote: And don't EVEn get me started on the 'evil werewolf' ability to projectile vomit acidic puke at people. Yeesh. :sickpup:

YUCK! That's really pushing it as far as powers go. I mean is this supposed to be a werewolf or Brundlefly?
Rogue_A
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Der amerikanische Steppenwolf

Post by Rogue_A »

Maybe, perhaps, if they spent WAY too much time at bars......but why the heck I would want to see that in films/write about that/draw about that.....no way. There's enough of that in the real world. :blink:
"In fear I hurried this way and that. I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, the one as hateful as the other."-Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

You know, I don't want the werewolf to have any powers. NONE!!!

White Wolf has gone overboard with the "gifts" they gave thier werewolves.

They are all so stupid.

So please..............No powers!!!
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

The whole reaosn why White Wolf gave their werewolves "powers" is because their setting was one of faith, belief, and animism. From this they learn "Gifts" of the other things in the world.

Its all and good for a Roleplaying system. But ya know what.., for a more realistic werewolf movie.., it'd only make the werewolves look more laughable. :P

That's one thing I'd personally like to avoid, WWtA fan or not.

So beyound what the current 'biology' of the werewolf can do.., please.., no "super powers".
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Trinity wrote:The whole reaosn why White Wolf gave their werewolves "powers" is because their setting was one of faith, belief, and animism. From this they learn "Gifts" of the other things in the world.

Its all and good for a Roleplaying system. But ya know what.., for a more realistic werewolf movie.., it'd only make the werewolves look more laughable. :P

So beyound what the current 'biology' of the werewolf can do.., please.., no "super powers".

I used to be a White Wolf fan. I met Justin Achilli and the artist who drew Lord Albrecht. (Joshua Gabrel Timbrook.)

I was into the Rage card game when it 1st came out. I had to learn about the werewolves. The more I did, the more confused I became.
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!

Post by Trinity »

Figarou wrote:
Trinity wrote:The whole reaosn why White Wolf gave their werewolves "powers" is because their setting was one of faith, belief, and animism. From this they learn "Gifts" of the other things in the world.

I used to be a White Wolf fan. I met Justin Achilli and the artist who drew Lord Albrecht. (Joshua Gabrel Timbrook.)

I was into the Rage card game when it 1st came out. I had to learn about the werewolves. The more I did, the more confused I became.

Its a system that if you understand the cros-hybrid of modern pagans, animisn in its true sense, and Native American Culture.., then add a dash of werewolf.., Viola! You have WWtA! Oh wait, don't forget to make it Gothic Punk. Without all the whiny goths and dead things, it just wouldn't be the same. ;)

heh.

I got invovled in the WWtA when I was a Junior in High School. I read all the books I could, and absorbed a lot of the genre rather quickly.

I collect,still, the -orignial RAGE card game. I don't play it because it confused the heck out of me. I just liked the art and flavor text. ;)

Now I'm an ST for a LARP. So yeah.., got any questions? ;) *chuckles*
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:I was into the Rage card game when it 1st came out. I had to learn about the werewolves. The more I did, the more confused I became.
Yeah some of the stuff gets a bit bizarre, I just like the WWtA stuff for the art.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Besides that a werewolf has more strength then a human, he shouldn't have any more 'powers'. Anything else would make it look really fake. And I don't think we want another Van Helsing. :sickpup:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

My preferences as far as healing abilities is a bit more conservative; I prefer not to see whole limbs regrowing in a week. Someone with that kind of healing power would have a hard time staying hidden, and it boosts up the envy factor too much, making lycanthropy too desirable to people who aren't interested in being wolves.

Still, I'm in favor of cuts and gashes healing faster than normal--just enough that a werewolf would have to find ways of hiding his or her abnormal healing--not to mention the first-timer wondering why the bite from the large animal doesn't look nearly as bad as he or she remembered it the night before...

But, I certainly agree that we shouldn't see lightning bolts firing out of Darth Stirba's fingertips in her climactic dual with Count Dooku in Howling II.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Yes, I'd prefer not to see them regrowing major limbs at all. It starts to stretch the 'believeablity factor' for me. (The whole Thermodynamics thing again.)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

well werewolves arent suppose to be all that realistic at all, 3 weeks at the most it should take them on regrowing a hand or a foot. and besides the way you guys make it sound that werewolfs regeration arent any better than a human, and just having a werewolf in gastalt or a person turning into a wolf at all is strecthing reality too far as it is, so everyone has crossed the line here with werewolf.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

I didn't say realistic, I just said beliveable. The more powers you add, the harder it is for your audience to suspend disbelief.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:I didn't say realistic, I just said beliveable. The more powers you add, the harder it is for your audience to suspend disbelief.
the audience doesnt always wont everything too believable, really fast regenaration is what the audience expect in a werewolf movie, look at lord of the ring, its fantasy, completely fake in everyway, and everyone loved it.
I agree for werewolfs to have very little powers or non at all except regenaration and strentgh enhancement. as for the climbing on wall it could be left out but noone ever complained about it, atleast nonwerewolf fans. but i believe if you want to make a werewolf that can even gorw a limb back, you'll only disapoint everyone else.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:the audience doesnt always wont everything too believable, really fast regenaration is what the audience expect in a werewolf movie, look at lord of the ring, its fantasy, completely fake in everyway, and everyone loved it.
But that's because everything was fake. Here we have werewolves in a normal setting. Giving them WWtA or DBZ powers wouldn't fit at all with the setting.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

growing limbs back?

Thats something I don't want to see.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:growing limbs back?

Thats something I don't want to see.
yes but it would be in a 3-4 mabey longer if you would like week time peroid, not many werewolf movies will take place that long in the settings, so i dont know why your complaining, I just think whats the point of werewolf having regeration at all if it cant grow back a limb, and besides you guys should really look up the word regenaration, it will say something about regrowing limbs.
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I would just like to say, for the film "Freeborn", within the setting I believe it will be set, I don't expect, or want to, see werewolves regrowing entire limbs, or having any abilities that are not related to above average physical strength, extrordinary, (but not unbelievable) healing abilities or extra sensitive senses (...only the normal 5 please.) That means no telepathy...no ligthning claws...no acid drool...no controll over wild wolves (ala Aquaman)...or anything of the sort. ...for this film.

In another film, or story, if set in a world where magic and wild sci-fi psudo-science exists, I would love to see werewolves that are unnaturally indestructable, or can summon a small army of wolf specters at will, or grow to the size of a Cadilac Escalade, or have deadly acid claws that make anything they touch shrivel up and die...in flames...

...It's all good...in it's place. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote: by having werwolfs who cant regrow parts of thier body, that will make them look even weaker than vampires :(
As far as I know, there aren't any vampires in this film. IIRC, the werewolves in WWtA can't regenerate limbs either, and they're not very weak.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote: by having werwolfs who cant regrow parts of thier body, that will make them look even weaker than vampires :(
As far as I know, there aren't any vampires in this film. IIRC, the werewolves in WWtA can't regenerate limbs either, and they're not very weak.
no im saying now in our world with those goths out there who prefer vampires. and are you shure that the werewolfs in werewolf apocalypse cant regrow limbs, :? i thought i read something that they could. oh well, im still getting the book. :D
Image Image
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Shadow Wulf wrote:"oh man that werewolf is awsome and can regrow parts,thats soo freakin awsome, i want to be just like it."
Except, when I see a werewolf regrowing limbs, I think, "Oh, man. That werewolf can regrow parts -- that's so freakin' lame." (No offense -- that's just my opinion. I can certainly respect that a lot of people have different tastes than me)

Personally, I don't think werewolves should even have minimal regeration. But if they must, it should only be a reasonable amount -- nothing excessive like regrowing limbs, or pushing bullets from their bodies seconds after being shot.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:I would just like to say, for the film "Freeborn", within the setting I believe it will be set, I don't expect, or want to, see werewolves regrowing entire limbs, or having any abilities that are not related to above average physical strength, extrordinary, (but not unbelievable) healing abilities or extra sensitive senses (...only the normal 5 please.) That means no telepathy...no ligthning claws...no acid drool...no controll over wild wolves (ala Aquaman)...or anything of the sort. ...for this film.

In another film, or story, if set in a world where magic and wild sci-fi psudo-science exists, I would love to see werewolves that are unnaturally indestructable, or can summon a small army of wolf specters at will, or grow to the size of a Cadilac Escalade,
...It's all good...in it's place. Image

I'm with Vuldari. The setting for Freeborn is a drama film. No need to have werewolves with odd powers.

If the film was magical, or sci-fi, then I wouldn't mind a few odd abilities.

Vuldari wrote:or have deadly acid claws that make anything they touch shrivel up and die...in flames...

Acid claws?

Heh...I bet they'll have a hard time picking thier nose. :lol: