Annoying people

The place for anything at all...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:my brother is a truck driver :) im pretty shure he obeys the laws, hes a pretty honest person and tries to do things right.

same here.

I don't want to lose my drivers license because I'll lose my job at the same time.
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

Vilkacis wrote:When it comes to the road, I have several pet peeves -- many of which have already been mentioned. But here's one that really gets to me: speeding truckers.

It's not uncommon for me, between quarters, to spend a few hours in my car driving to my parents' house for a visit. And one of the things that will inevitably happen is that I'll be driving along at the speed limit for cars (70mph), and trucks will pass me. That's annoying in and of itself, but also take into account that their speed limit is 60mph and it becomes illegal, too. Yet, on any given trip, including the one I made two days ago, it will always happen at least once or twice.

Those are just the really bad cases. In my experience, a significant portion of the trucks out there consistently drive between 5-10mph over the speed limit.

*sigh*

-- Vilkacis

Bu tthink about this. Take a look at how many Smaller cars and trucks there on the road compared to Truckers.

In a good analogy a plane Crash get sso much attention because the mass amount of damage, loss of life, and rarity of it. While on the other hand people die -everyday- because of cars wrecks. It is statisically MORE dangerous to drive then to fly ( but you'll never catch ME in a plane, heck no ).

Now take a look at the pecentage of TT drivers versus passenger vehicle/not-TT drivers. There is a staticall difference there simial to plane crahses. Even if most of the drivers in your area speed ( and scarrily so ).., there are by far MORE people who speed in regular vehicles.

I've been blazed past by people in Hondas and sports cars. Apprently just because it CAN go fast, they think they HAVE to go fast.

I've had people who weren't paying attention nearly invovle me in THEIR accidents. Thank the goodness that I have decent relfexes when driving. 0.0

I nearly had a death-invovled accident on 95 in Deleware because I coudln't stop in time. Luckliy they had just widen the highway on both sides, so I was able to pull around the driver in front of me ( that had caused the original accident ). If I had hit her, her and her companion would have been dead. It was already a five-car accident, it would have been at least two to three more ( bumper to bumper traffic going in excess of 65 mph ) if I had hit her.

The Dodge is about 80% metal if not more. her car was newer by a lot, and was made mostly of aluminumn and plastic. My front bumper -stopped- parrellel to her seat. She looked at me as if I had three heads. Her not paying attention to traffic in front of her nearly cost her her life. All because of the type of car I drive.

I'm sure other drivers feel the same.

Its not often the truckers you have to worry about. Its the morons who don't realize that truckers -can't- manuever the way cars do. They can't stop on a dime, they can't speed up, and they sure can't get out of your way fast..,

As smaler car operators -we- need to know how to handle truckers needs, as much as how to respond to others on the road.

I typically go by the rule of thumb, "bigger then me, it has the right of way." Its a RULE when boating on open ocean waters, the biugger boat wins.., but not on highways..,

*shakes head*
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I don't have a car so I pretty much either walk or take the train everywhere, so there's only one bad driving behavior that really pisses me off. That's when I'm at the crosswalk, somebody on my side of the street stops to let me go, but for some reason, if there's somebody coming the other way with a huge gap of space between them and another car (one big enough that I could have crossed through it), they either floor it if it's between them and the car in front of them, or slow down to 15mph if it's behind them.

Did they not see the other side stop or the guy wearing the orange T-shirt and purple backpack step out in front of it? Do Excursion-driving fitness-clubbers naturally resent me because I can stay fit while saving on gas money? Am I a spiritual black cat instead of a blue one, and if so, can they really tell on such short notice?

And best of all, now I feel like an asshole too because I'm holding up the nice driver that stopped to let me cross.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Has anyone ever had this happen to them before, it always does to me and my dad. half of the time when we try to leave out of our street and on to the mainroad, people try to speed up when we are about to get inthe road just so that we wont pass them, i hate people like that :x there soo stupid. the world would have been better off if someone shoot people like that.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Trinity, I by no means meant to imply that truckers are the only ones speeding or that it's not noticeable or annoying when cars do the same. I've had my fair share of cars pass me going 70mph on a 40mph road, or 85mph when the speed limit is 70mph.

I hate it and it pisses me off, and it's way too common. It seems to me that nearly everyone (or, at least, a very large and significant majority) thinks it's perfectly OK to consistently go 5mph over the speed limit, and many go faster.

As you mentioned, speeding truckers are just a minority, but they are a very scary minority. Speeding cars scare me, too, and are probably the bigger problem, but they are not as newsworthy.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I see more speeding cars than speeding truck drivers out there.

I hate it when some teens line up side by side on the hiway and then slow down. Then they take off and start racing only to slow down again.

I also HATE those loud mufflers they put on 4 cylinder cars. It sound terrible!! I prefer the deep sound from a V8 Mustang GT instead.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Vilkacis wrote:I hate it and it pisses me off, and it's way too common. It seems to me that nearly everyone (or, at least, a very large and significant majority) thinks it's perfectly OK to consistently go 5mph over the speed limit, and many go faster.
I was taught to keep the speed of the other drivers around me, so if they're all going 20mph over, then I probably will be too. (Like this one stretch of road by my high school: The only people going the speed limit there are the driving school students.) People driving both too fast, and too slow make me nervous.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Vilkacis wrote:I hate it and it pisses me off, and it's way too common. It seems to me that nearly everyone (or, at least, a very large and significant majority) thinks it's perfectly OK to consistently go 5mph over the speed limit, and many go faster.
I was taught to keep the speed of the other drivers around me, so if they're all going 20mph over, then I probably will be too. (Like this one stretch of road by my high school: The only people going the speed limit there are the driving school students.) People driving both too fast, and too slow make me nervous.

If you drive slower then the flow of traffic, always keep to the right.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:If you drive slower then the flow of traffic, always keep to the right.
Agreed. Like I said before: people that go 15mph slower than every one else in the extreme left lane bother me to no end.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

AH I'am just learning to drive and I hate when that happens or when somebody passes you and then slows down :x
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Fenrir wrote:AH I'am just learning to drive and I hate when that happens or when somebody passes you and then slows down :x

What I hate is when cars are going slow and you decide to pass them. Before I get around them, they speed up. I can't get back to the right lane because they are right there along side of me. Then they speed up some more and pass me on the right only to slow down again. Its like they are doing that on purpose. :x
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Online sometimes...

Post by Razo wolf »

super Bright blue or BMW lights i know they look cool but they kill my vision at night. and its worse when they have thier high beams on.
i have a set of blue H.I.D but i only use em when im not driving on a public road.

if you dont know wut H.I.D is its High Intensity Discharge bulbs
Last edited by Razo wolf on Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shift_
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

One thing that really pissed happened to me when I was in Driver's Ed. This one older kid was following us to Senior Center parking lot so he could watch us drive and laugh at us. I mean, we were nervous enough and now we have some geek, not badass- geek, watching us?! :x If I could've gotten away with flippin him off I would have. The other people that annoy me are the rednecks at my school. They pick fights with people and are so argumentative! If you're not a redneck they hate you. And they have their p.o.s trucks that are so freakin loud they ought to be banned! I wish they'd drop out and go away.
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

Vilkacis wrote:Trinity, I by no means meant to imply that truckers are the only ones speeding or that it's not noticeable or annoying when cars do the same. I've had my fair share of cars pass me going 70mph on a 40mph road, or 85mph when the speed limit is 70mph.

I hate it and it pisses me off, and it's way too common. It seems to me that nearly everyone (or, at least, a very large and significant majority) thinks it's perfectly OK to consistently go 5mph over the speed limit, and many go faster.

As you mentioned, speeding truckers are just a minority, but they are a very scary minority. Speeding cars scare me, too, and are probably the bigger problem, but they are not as newsworthy.

-- Vilkacis
*nods*

there are times when people get to me so bad, because their driving is so bad.., that I just.., grgr

I often think how awesome it would be to pull them over myself, get a portable paper shedder ( high impact style ) and SHRED their liscenses in front of them.., then just leave. ^.^

heh.

My favorite is imaginintng to myself shooting out the tails lights of peopl ewho don't use them.

*BANG* heh That'lls give you a reaosn to not use your trunsignals. ;) hahahaha..

But it'll never happen. I just like imagining it. Makes me feel better. :)
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I hate when people are hauling stuff and some of falls out into the road. There are so many times I'll be driving and there'll be stuff in the road that someone was hauling, and I'll have to dodge it. If people are gonna haul ANYTHING, they should secure it and seal it up good so nothing falls out.

Case in point: In Monroe (where I live during the school year) there's this really scary, really narrow overpass with guardrails. One of my friends was driving on it in her truck, and there was a bunch of gravel in the road from a gravel truck. Her tires somehow slipped on it, and her truck started to go towards one of the guardrails. She overcorrected, and went to the other side and hit that guardrail. Her truck bounced off of that one and hit the other one, and then her truck flipped onto the driver's side. Luckily, she was wearing her seatbelt, so she ended up getting out without a scratch. But now her truck is totalled and her family can't afford to buy a new vehicle, so she's stuck at college without a car for a whole year. That is really unfortunate, because there's not a lot of public transportation in Monroe. All of this wouldn't have happened if precautions had been taken to make sure none of the gravel in the gravel truck came out.

Course, that's not the only thing that annoys me. Other drivers annoy me a lot. But I think road construction bothers me more. I know it has to be done, but I don't see why they can't do it at like 1 in the morning when the roads aren't so busy.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Excelsia wrote:But I think road construction bothers me more. I know it has to be done, but I don't see why they can't do it at like 1 in the morning when the roads aren't so busy.
They do that in Tacoma -- it keeps me up at night
:cry:

-- Vilkacis