Werewolves. Do they use tools?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

WWs would (I think) have stashes of clothing/shoes hiden around their territory/town they live in. Maybe hidden in dens or waterproof bags or something.
This would only be necessary if the werewolf had trouble controlling the transformation, or if they had perfect control, but thought that a sudden need might arise. In either case, I would expect a werewolf to purchase a bunch of super-waterproof plastic clothing bags (like the "space bags" I see advertised on TV all the time) and put a change of clothing in each one, and then bury 6 or 7 clothing stashes where they might be needed, say, every half mile or so in a wide circle centering on home.
For example, imagine that the werewolf came home but then saw an unexpected guest was already there (perhaps even a werewolf hunter!). The werewolf would want a stash of dry, clean clothing a little distance from the house, in a hidden gully or something where they could change unobserved. Then they could come back to the house.
You wouldn't want to do that all the time, though. Digging up clothing stashes would get tedious and expensive (say, if the special bag got ripped).
The other thing I can easily imagine is that a werewolf might have a special "transformation den" hidden in the woods not too far from the house. A little underground room with a hidden entrance, someplace warm and dry where you could crawl in, transform, and dress, without the risk of being seen entering, leaving, or hanging about your home in gestalt or wolf form.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Yeah, makes sense to me :D Should have something around for emergencys or whatever.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

The expandex clothing thing seems feesable. Sure they would look rediculus, but the idea is not to be seen when in gestalt form... correct? At least have a pair of extra baggy expanding shorts. That's what I'd get. It'll basicly look like the gestalt form is wearing hot pants. Not too bad looking. Ever seen the movie "The Hulk"? That didn't look too bad on the green man right? But then again, looks don't matter when you're not supposed to be seen.

So far we have...
1) Large flip-top freezer of meat in the garage.
2) High capacity grill or spit turner in the backyard.
3) A cloth or leather strap for biting during transformation.
4) Painkiller syringes also for TF.
5) Some kinds of expandable clothing.
6) Waterproof bags hidden near the home with clean changes of clothes inside.

This much I'm sure would all be possible.

One other idea is that they might have large cloaks that could make them appear to be very tall people in the dark. Or what about tranquilizers for the WWs that refuse to endure the change?
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Kaebora wrote:
This much I'm sure would all be possible.

One other idea is that they might have large cloaks that could make them appear to be very tall people in the dark. Or what about tranquilizers for the WWs that refuse to endure the change?

Your idea of having large cloaks that make them resemble tall people is similar to another idea that someone had in another thread, of them possibly wearing really baggy sweat pants and loose hoodies, that didn't rip when they TFed and made them resemble massive people when they were in gestalt form.

I like both ideas. The sweats are probably more likely in modern society, but the cloak would be a hell of a lot more aesthetically appealing.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Eveningwere and Swimwere

Post by Scott Gardener »

The Hulk--the new movie, anyway--is not the best example, since it threw realism out the window. Dr. Banner was a normal-sized person with normal-sized clothes, but the Hulk was a twelve-foot behemoth with a waist size of 250 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL.

Light-weight "traveller's clothes" would be easier to store than a three piece suit and tie or a corset and five-layered dress from the Renaissance festival. Upscale werewolf ladies might prefer to shop at Chico's, who's lines of clothing are centered around pieces that can stow into a small space. Werewolves on a budget might aim for shorts and short-sleeved shirts, which take up less space as well. I'd expect werewolves to have better resistance to cold than other people--as humans are some of the pickiest mammals as far as feeling hot or cold. Still, wearing shorts and a tank top might be a bit peculiar in the dead of winter.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I'm sticking with my baggy shorts with the streatchy waist. :D So comfy.

I'm fresh out of ideas now as far as what tools WWs use for their special needs. Now's your chance to humiliate me with my own, "Why didn't I think of that?" response.
:wink:
-Kaebora
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Breath mints! :lol:

no but seriusly, your breath must smell really bad with all that meat, or at least weird.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Or towels you fall into the water get wet don't wan't that smell to stay there for long so TOWEL
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Areally big watch or a pocket watch...
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

A watch that tells phases of teh moon
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

23Jarden wrote:Areally big watch or a pocket watch...

But werewolves don't have pants to put a pocket watch in.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'd go with a werewolf bringing a backpack of some sorts they could hide, wear, or just carry, with their clothing or any other supplies needed during the transformation. As with the conversation of a werewolf with clothing, that may depend on the individual who may or may not perfer something to wear.

On the mention of wacthes, if I werewolf wanted to they could bring something to keep the time whether they carry or wear it. A werewolf may also like a calendar that is very correct on the phrases of the moon too.
:P
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:I'd go with a werewolf bringing a backpack of some sorts they could hide, wear, or just carry, with their clothing or any other supplies needed during the transformation. As with the conversation of a werewolf with clothing, that may depend on the individual who may or may not perfer something to wear.

On the mention of wacthes, if I werewolf wanted to they could bring something to keep the time whether they carry or wear it. A werewolf may also like a calendar that is very correct on the phrases of the moon too.

A werewolf doesn't need a calendar to determine the phase of the moon. If it has a 'tie' with the moon, he/she will know what phase its in. :wink:
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

A werewolf doesn't need a calendar to determine the phase of the moon. If it has a 'tie' with the moon, he/she will know what phase its in.
Yes but a werewolf may want to know its a full moon night before they start shifting, you don't want to make any plans on those nights.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

for projecting forawrd.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:
A werewolf doesn't need a calendar to determine the phase of the moon. If it has a 'tie' with the moon, he/she will know what phase its in.
Yes but a werewolf may want to know its a full moon night before they start shifting, you don't want to make any plans on those nights.

It'll be so funny if a werewolf had a calendar thats not acurate with the moon phases.

werewolf 1 *looks at calendar* "Ah, its Sept 21st and tonight is the full moon. I need to make preparations."

That night.

werewolf 1 *looks at the full moon* shhowl

werewolf 2 *comes into view in human form*

werewolf 1 "How come you're not in Gestalt form?"

werewolf 2 "Oh...I thought it was tomorrow night. My calandar says the full moon is on the 22nd of Sept."

ok...I admit....it wasn't that funny. BLAH!!
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I think a watch could be worn in gestalt form that carries over from human form, particulary one with an elastic band.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Excelsia wrote:I think a watch could be worn in gestalt form that carries over from human form, particulary one with an elastic band.

Why have a watch when cell phones can tell time. :wink:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Because where is he going to put the phone? Plus, what is he going to do if someone calls him while he's out doing whatever werewolves do in the middle of the night?
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:Because where is he going to put the phone? Plus, what is he going to do if someone calls him while he's out doing whatever werewolves do in the middle of the night?

Well, if you're smart enough, you can put the cell phone in a custom case and wear it around your neck.

Why howl when you can e-howl. :wink:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

if those big fingers can even touch the buttons accurately. :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:if those big fingers can even touch the buttons accurately. :lol:

The claws can. If you're gentle enough.

That or have a voice activated cell phone. :woof:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

the claws, :lol: and how are they going to speak.

ring ring
*Human picks up the phone*
Human: Johnson residence
Werewolf: Rarrr rarrr raarrrr, howl
Human: Whaaaat?
Werewolf: Woof Woof, re relp re.
*Human hangs up*
Human wife: Who was it?
"Some cheesy prank call"
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I think I like the watch idea better. Ok... in a movie it would be cool to see a camera shot of a WW's custom moon phase/ time keeper watch. "Oh crap! Sorry honey, we'll have to cut this date short. I've gotta high tail it out of here." LoL!
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Kaebora wrote:I think I like the watch idea better. Ok... in a movie it would be cool to see a camera shot of a WW's custom moon phase/ time keeper watch. "Oh crap! Sorry honey, we'll have to cut this date short. I've gotta high tail it out of here." LoL!

He needs to remember to take the watch off before he shifts. :wink: