Pets

The place for anything at all...
DarkWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Go My Tediz Go To Ze Trenchez

Post by DarkWolf »

I Have One Kitty,A Red Kitty Well Not Red,Dont Know How U Call His Color In English :( Well His Name Is Rosten,And He's A Real Bastard :p He Bites Me Fingers And Me Feeth :D
Alone in the darkness of night, hear our howl,And Join Us
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

my parents just adopted a 5 pound poodle named Laicy. man the thing has an attitude. i'm not about to justify it by calling it a dog. man I hate i hate that dog all it dose is growl and bark.
THE GAME

My Armory
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

My grandparents had poodles (the little ones). God I hated them, but then I just don't really like poodles. You shave the things down so they end up looking like Tina Turner and they look so pathetic- not "dogly" at all :lol: In other news though, I got a kitten from the vet clinic I work at! He's black and I named him Manchester, but we call him Manc for short :D
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
NarnianWolfen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NarnianWolfen »

I have:

1 dog (black labrador, not quite a year old) named Deyna
1 cat, silver Mauish looking Manx kitty we call Pax
2 gerbils, one black, one tan, named Pan and Keiko

Mom's critters are two german shepherds and a three-legged old heeler, we share the cat, and she has a betta fishie.
~Kate

"She should not lock the open door (run away run away run away!), full moon is on the sky and he's not a man anymore...sees the change in him but can't (run away run away run away) see what became out of her man...full moon!"
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I got a blue chiwawa, and hes so cute :D

Congratulations!! Those are hard to come by.

As for me, I have over fifty chihuahuas at any given time. We have two brindles (very rare) and a blue female (also rare). We've had more blues in the past, but we gave 'em to Grandma. We're hoping against all odds that we may one day have a blue brindle, but I doubt it.

We also have three female catahoulas (all of whom have puppies) and one male.

At the moment, the only pets I have are dogs, but my family and I have had many other animals throughout my life. Horses, cows, chickens, ducks, geese, pigs, a raccoon, various birds, a snake, and lots of fish.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I got a blue chiwawa, and hes so cute :D
well, post a picture so we can see.
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

I have a younger sister...
NarnianWolfen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NarnianWolfen »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~Kate

"She should not lock the open door (run away run away run away!), full moon is on the sky and he's not a man anymore...sees the change in him but can't (run away run away run away) see what became out of her man...full moon!"
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Doruk Golcu wrote:I have a younger sister...
i have a DIVA B*&%^ :x
THE GAME

My Armory
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Here's a good site full of chihuahua pictures:

http://www.chihuahuaacres.com/

These little babies are precious:
http://www.chihuahuaacres.com/images/100_4946.JPG
http://www.chihuahuaacres.com/images/100_2869.JPG
http://www.chihuahuaacres.com/images/100_4283.JPG

Blue chihuahuas aren't actually blue per se. It's more of a bluish-gray color. But their color is still definitely more unusual than a regular chihuahua's and is generally enough to make you do a double take.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

edit
Last edited by Miguel on Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Se-gi of the wolves
Pack Member
Pack Member

pets

Post by Se-gi of the wolves »

:D I have:
4 dogs- one apple head chihuahua tan, one chihuahua black and white, one jack russel terrier brown, black but mostly white, and one mix
4 cats-One Maine Coon, one american shorthair it is a calico, one shorthair cat orange and one long haired black and white cat.
5 kittens-there mother is the american shorthair that is a calico- two gray with black strips with white, one orange/white kitten, and two calicos.
7 fish-Bullhead fish they look like cat fish.
So I guess you can say I love animals. :love: Not all live at my moms house where I live, some live at my dads house. Most do though :wink:
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

@hamster:

My friend had 2 cats and a hamster =).

She often put mr hamster into a large see thru plastic hamster ball (has air holes) and turned him loose in the house.

He was the terror of the abode and rolled everwhere, chasing the cats around the house to their horror!

:lol:
ImageImage
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Koshaw wrote:@hamster:

My friend had 2 cats and a hamster =).

She often put mr hamster into a large see thru plastic hamster ball (has air holes) and turned him loose in the house.

He was the terror of the abode and rolled everwhere, chasing the cats around the house to their horror!

Make sure this don't happen:

Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Re: pets

Post by Renorei »

Se-gi of the wolves wrote::D I have:
4 dogs- one apple head chihuahua tan, one chihuahua black and white, one jack russel terrier brown, black but mostly white, and one mix

Good for you!! :D I just love chihuahuas!
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I don't see the appeal in Chihuahuas. My mother absolutely hates them, but I just...never liked them. I prefer my Poms. They're fuzzy, cute, almost foxlike, and actually pretty low matinence. And unlike some breeds of dog (*cough*Yorkies*cough*) they don't have a natural stink to them. They still smell like dog, it's just not near as offensive and almost impossible to detect if they're reasonably clean. It'll still get on your hands but I mean you won't smell them while they sit in your lap.

All this, of course, would be what I'd say if I liked dogs at all. :P
Se-gi of the wolves
Pack Member
Pack Member

Reilune
:love: My mom never like the idea of having a chihuahua or any small dogs, but one day he just showed up at my dad's steps and into are home. My Mom can't live without him. :D
Prowler
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Arctic interests

Post by Prowler »

Chihuahua's? i didn't really like them much but i'm abit wary around dogs...Chinchilla's on the other hand are a different matter, the one i had was really cute, she used to sit on my shoulder and make funny "barking" noises.
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Se-gi of the wolves
Pack Member
Pack Member

Hamster

:D My chihuahua looks like Coco but Black and white. Cute dogs.:love:
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Yeah, Coco is a beautiful b**** up close. Like when ever she climbs up the chair like what she is doing in picture two (my thighs by the way) you just have to pick her up. We want to breed her but the fact that little dogs sometimes die during birth is making us have second thoughts. We don't want to loose our Coco Butters. (sorry, one of the hundrends of cute baby nicknames for her :lol: )

Hey, if you think that name is bad, we call Rosie sometimes, "Piggy" because she looks like a little pig.

Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Shuck »

My cat, Tiger's nickname is Tiger pet-nut :lol: or eiger sanction from the movie :roll:
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I named my cat after the Spike Jones/Doodles Weaver character...check out their CDs if you ever get a chance, it's in the comedy section.

And Mr. Fetelbaum is snuggled up at my side, purring away as we type :love:
ImageImageImageImage
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Black Shuck »

We named my new kitten after the Manchester United soccer team, lol. He really is a little hooligan too! He's not intimidated by anything and loves to brawl :lol:

I like that name- Mr. Fetelbaum :D
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Hamster
Rosie reminds me of bipolar people. She looks totally hyperactive in that first pic (b/c of the expression on her face) and completely mellow in the second one.

Regarding Chihuahuas
It is very hard to find one type of personality that fits all chihuahuas. At our place, we have some that are assholes, some sweet attention-loving ones, some shy and silent ones, etc. In terms of personality, they vary greatly, and the difference becomes more apparent when you have a lot of them.

Most chihuahuahs, however, are housepets, not breeding dogs like ours. They lead a pampered lifestyle, and spend the majority of their lives in a house. As a result, they become attached only to the people who live in the house, and when strangers come over they act like a regular bouncer, growling and snarling like a crazy creature. Some chihuahuas may even become attached to only one or two household members, leaving everyone else in dismay. They are fiercely loyal dogs. "You/you and your family are my lord/lords and master/masters. Everyone else can go to hell." Which is why chihuahua owners generally love the little dogs, but those that don't can't understand the appeal.

One way to prevent a chihuahua from becoming hateful to strangers is to expose them to lots and lots of people when they are young. Most people leave them cooped up inside, so they don't make any new human friends, but if you expose a chihuahua puppy or adolescent to lots and lots of new people frequently at this age, they will likely be friendly towards strangers when they are older.

Also, they are very unforgiving little dogs. If you do something horribly mean to a chihuahua, they will never forget it and will hate you always. For example, my older brother (who didn't live with us)came to our house one time and chased my chihuahua with a 4-wheeler. She had nothing but hatred for him until her dying days. Many dogs aren't like this...you can be mean to them one minute and they'll love you again the next. But chihuahuas don't forget so easily. Granted, you have to do something awful to result in this kind of behavior, but sometimes it happens. This is another reason why chihuahuas frequently shun members of their own household. Everyone assumes they can terrorize the little dog and they'll forget the next day, but it doesn't happen. Then, a year later, they wonder why the little dog hates them so much, but loves everyone else in the house. Those little beasts hold massive grudges.

All in all, a chihuahua is a wonderful dog to own. I just wanted to try and explain why they often don't seem that way to the outsider.
[/b]