Whats on your Desk?

The place for anything at all...
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Figarou wrote:*spots An Atlas of Anatomy for Artists by the keyboard*

Soooo.......you're an artist. :D
Wannabe artist, more like. I've still got a long way to go. You've no idea how much I envy Hamster and SabreWereWolfQueen_84's ability to work so quickly. For me, every single picture is a long, tortured process. But... since I've only just started (around the same time I joined here), that's all I can really expect. ^_^

As long as I keep at it, I'll get better with time.

-- Vilkacis
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Ill get a pic of the physical desktop later, as for now

virtual desktop
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/ ... esktop.jpg
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Hold out your hand, and I'll show you

Post by Scott Gardener »

My computer's desktop:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/21218615/

I don't have my camera handy right now, as I'm at work. My laptop is my main computer; it's a desktop replacement system. Right now I have next to it a script pad, phone, cup of coffee, two pens, and an ACLS provider manual.

My desktop system at home upstairs is in a wooden armoire that folds up, hiding clutter. When open, I have a compact micro-ATX system housed in an Antec Aria case, and a 17" flat panel monitor. A centerpiece on top of my desktop system right now is the figure Figarou gave me at A-Kon. Sitting nearby is a Shuttle "Spacewalker" system, an early version of their XPC ultra-compact system. I'll be giving it to my mother soon, after I clean up its hard drive with a fresh installation of Windows XP.

Wallpaper on the desktop system is vector-rendered graphics off Stardock's Wincustomize site. (It would take me forever to find it again.) I've ported the same wallpaper from my Windows partition to a new Fedora Core 4 partition, so it shows in both; I actually have four different wallpapers, one for each of four virtual desktops. My backup laptop--I keep a spare--has the moon on a starry sky background.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:

Wannabe artist, more like. I've still got a long way to go. You've no idea how much I envy Hamster and SabreWereWolfQueen_84's ability to work so quickly. For me, every single picture is a long, tortured process. But... since I've only just started (around the same time I joined here), that's all I can really expect. ^_^

-- Vilkacis
Heh...I'm the same way with these wolf smilies. I never did any edits until I joined this forum. This place must have some magical touch that gives each Pack member a small gift of talent. :D
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Figarou wrote:Heh...I'm the same way with these wolf smilies. I never did any edits until I joined this forum. This place must have some magical touch that gives each Pack member a small gift of talent. :D
Heh. Not so much talent as a reason and desire, I think.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:
Figarou wrote:Heh...I'm the same way with these wolf smilies. I never did any edits until I joined this forum. This place must have some magical touch that gives each Pack member a small gift of talent. :D
Heh. Not so much talent as a reason and desire, I think.

-- Vilkacis
True

I wanted to see more of these wolf smilies. So the only way to do that was to open my Photoshop and learn how to edit them. Never read any tutorials. Just figured it out on my own. :bubblegum:
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

My desktop never stays the same. Yet heres this, plus I've moved around some of the stuff because I originally kept everything in 'Steph's Stuff'. I decieded to make my desktop like that folder, it is my ID and I'm the only one who uses this computer.

So heres my current desktop, if you like take a guess of what are all the stuff I have in windows, folders, and background before you open it.
http://www.deviantart.com/view/22294968/

:D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Rogue_A
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Der amerikanische Steppenwolf

Post by Rogue_A »

Vilkacis wrote:

-- Vilkacis
I'm going to take a wild guess that it's How to Draw Animals by Jack Hamm underneath that book.....I haven't seen many artbooks that are yellow and I spy what looks like that lion's foot that's on the cover. =P

Anyways:

Desktop:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22110598/
Yah, I love the Boston Bruins. My favorite hockey team since I've been a kid.: :howl:  :oo

My Desk N Stuff:
http://home.comcast.net/~roguea007/mydesk.jpg
Well, there's a lot of crud on this desk, that's for sure. Too many art supplies, not enough space, to sum it up. You can tell an artist lives here by my desk...especially my funny realistic manniquin that always ends up being contorted into some weird shape. Stuff on the desk from left to right-ish is my CD/PSX game rack, my new Lexmark printer, CDRs, HI-8 tapes and cassettes, my Disney daily calendar, eraser, PSX-to USB adapter, CD scratch remover, my lamp with various erasers and rulers in it, a package of this nifty bristol board I got at the RISD art store that's already cut 8 1/2" x 11" for printer use...no more measuring down for me!, a box of Derwent pencils, brushes, various papers, bottles of ink and white out, my cup of pencils/pens/more brushes, my funny manniquin, my electric pencil sharpener.

And finally, the first page of the werewolf webcomic I'm drawing taped to the desk with some of the panels sketched out. I really need to work on it some more as it's been taped there for about a week now and I've only spent like two days on it out of that week for like less than an hour. *sigh.*

http://home.comcast.net/~roguea007/mapscomixposter.jpg
Tacked to the walls are various newspaper comics. Lots and lots of Garfield, Adam @ Home and FoxTrot, which are my favorite comics. The map on my wall is a map of the Boston Area that I tore out of a hotel phone book in Boston, 2001 ish. A last minute thing to remember MA by as that was the year I moved to WA state. Oh, and can't forget about my Japanese Toei Animation Festival poster I got from a comic book shop in MA and got framed. It's awesome, ne?

http://home.comcast.net/~roguea007/mycomputer1.jpg
The crappy Dell Inspiron that makes all artwork, music, and interneting possible via the nifty wireless connection in my house. Also, more art crud with an old Staedtler Lumograph tin I keep my sketching pencils in and a white box that is actually a field sketch watercolor sketch. And a flashlight, and my MP3 player.

http://home.comcast.net/~roguea007/artbooks.jpg
And my small book/magazine piles in my room. Again, an artist lives here, the majority of my art books I actually use are in this one little section. :wolfpaint:
"In fear I hurried this way and that. I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, the one as hateful as the other."-Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Rogue_A wrote: Desktop:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22110598/
Yah, I love the Boston Bruins. My favorite hockey team since I've been a kid.: :howl:  :oo

Hmmm...well just for that. I'm going to make a wolf emoticon with a hockey helmet.

It'll look like the one on your desktop. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

TA DAAAAA!!!!

:hockeywolf:

Its in the list so you can use it at any time. :D
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Rogue_A: I don't have a desk I draw on, I can at the desk I'm at but its weird, and I did have an old desk at my mom's but I only kepy my stuff there. I just put my paper against a sketch pad and draw away right there. Unfortunaly my stuff does get everywhere, and it's hard to keep on any desk. The thing my printer is on is over flowing with crap, my stuffed kitties are ramping around this desk (and those two pesky stuffed llamas, I think they moved last night. Etheir they walked or a real cat was treading across my desk.). So my 'desk' is my knees, I would like something better for when atleast working with certain medias such as watercolor. As you may guess, I water color then and there on my floor, hey, I havn't got it on the carpet yet.

Problem is is that my beloved cat Oliver thinks he's allow on my computer desk, and I allow him. Lets him help me type while not making my foot go to sleep. Oliver very well knows he's not allowed on tables or counters (though when no ones looking and theres tuna on the counter, he goes for it. Opie does that too.) but decieded the computer desk here and the printer was an exception, so I fear cats are going to smudge my drawings!

Thats why, as I've said, I 'retire' drawings to a tub after awhile of rotting away on my desk. Keeps them nice and safe.
:D

:hockeywolf: Yey, I love hockey. I was a Flyer hockey player last year for halloween, mainly because we have alot of thats stuff, but because I had nothin' else.
:)
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Rogue_A wrote:I'm going to take a wild guess that it's How to Draw Animals by Jack Hamm underneath that book.....I haven't seen many artbooks that are yellow and I spy what looks like that lion's foot that's on the cover. =P
Indeed it is. Quite a good little book for only $9.95. ^_^

I love that it has a relatively large section on cats.

-- Vilkacis
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/ ... IM0078.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/ ... IM0079.jpg

fear my messyness :lol:

P.S. I hate that mouse pad, thats why its drawn all over and has knife marks in it :lol:
Rogue_A
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Der amerikanische Steppenwolf

Post by Rogue_A »

Figarou wrote:TA DAAAAA!!!!

:hockeywolf:

Its in the list so you can use it at any time. :D
AWESOME! Yet another brilliant emoticon by Figarou. :headbanger:

outwarddoodles: A good thing that can take the place of a desk is a nice big sketch board (a big giant clipboard essentially)... or a piece of hardwood....prop that on something, your knees, the floor, and drawing/painting is a bit more stable. I have one I use sometimes, but because it's kinda permamently smeared on both sides with traces of charcoal/pastel/conte crayon from all the figure drawing I've done with it, my mom won't let me use it in the house much. :eyebrow:

And my drawings don't have a specific place for them cuz there are wayy too many of em'. In folders, portfolios, tucked inside their drawing pads, some tacked on the walls... essentially sprawled all over my room. ._.
"In fear I hurried this way and that. I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, the one as hateful as the other."-Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

This one was taken just Friday, its been cleaned up a bit since when I first posted this thread, but my Kitty Cats and George are still there! Its sort of hard to see though because the piture has like my whole area in it rather than just the desk.

(My two orange cats look like they're falling off!) If your wondering, thats only 12 kitty cats on my desk.
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

outwarddoodles wrote:This one was taken just Friday, its been cleaned up a bit since when I first posted this thread, but my Kitty Cats and George are still there! Its sort of hard to see though because the piture has like my whole area in it rather than just the desk.

(My two orange cats look like they're falling off!) If your wondering, thats only 12 kitty cats on my desk.
Weird, This seems like the kind of computer setting I picture for you. :lol:
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

yeah my computer desktop has over 56 icons on it so ill save ya from that image and as far as desk monitor speakers taodies and system of a down cd cases school books book on metaphysics dusty unused joystick and schoolwork
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

hmm all i have is a printer a computer and all it's things, a bag of potato chips and some ald cds, and a Lincoln Park CD
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

and as for music i am listening to 102.1 the edge from dallas via streaming internet
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

1) Whats on your desk?
2) Are you listening to any music currently?
3) Whats your Desktop?

1) A pen, a caculator, my mother's glasses, some old sticky-notes
2) No :P
3)

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

outwarddoodles wrote:This one was taken just Friday, its been cleaned up a bit since when I first posted this thread, but my Kitty Cats and George are still there! Its sort of hard to see though because the piture has like my whole area in it rather than just the desk.

Why do you use the same computer as me? ??

Damn! :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

a laptop computer, a printer, a disk drive, my checkbook, my cellphone charger, a stack of DVDs (Boiler Room, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and a ton of anime), the Neverwinter Nights CDs minus Hordes of the Underdark, and a huge mess of papers from college that I haven't gotten around to sorting yet.

I'm not listening to music, but i did just win an e-bay bid for a CD of Royal Hunt -- if that had been a week earlier, that's what I'd be listening to.

I used to have the Freeborn desktop, but lost it when my computer's old hard drive crapped out. As soon as I know for sure that it's working again, that's what I'll be restoring it to.[/i]
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Woo hoo!! New monitor!!!

Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Hmm... my desktop... I don't think I've seen my desktop in months. I'd take a picture of what is here, but my camera is somewhere in this pile. Ugh. Fun. Stuff. Yay.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

[quote="Figarou"]Woo hoo!! New monitor!!!

http://www.figarou.com/werewolf/monitor.JPG[/img]

Cool!

Umm, I seen your video so I just have to ask.

Is this you?
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."