Wolves and Werewolves

The place for anything at all...
ShadowWolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Wolves and Werewolves

Post by ShadowWolf »

I'm just wondering, with all the different people out there, did you (or do you)have an interest in wolves that lead you to becoming interested in werewolves, or was it just the opposite? Personally I can't remember which came first, since it was so long ago, and I remember the two interests starting around the same time. Just wondering what other people thought.

EDIT: corrected some spelling
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Well, I can tell you it was television that got me interested in werewolves. I saw the old style wolfman and laughed. I was 6 years old at the time. I laughed even more at the MGM wolf. (The wolf in the Droopy cartoons) FangFace even made me laugh. Hmmm..... what a strange way to start liking werewolves. Thats how it started for me.

:lol:
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

I've always been interested in shapeshifters and near-humans, so it was pretty natural for me to pick up on werewolves. I can probably blame a game or two of live-action Werewolf: The Apocalypse for getting me to this point.
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

For me, wolves then onto werewolves after I seen some movies including them. *nods*
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

As a very little kid, I had weird dreams about people turning into wolves before I had ever heard of a "Werewolf". I assume I must have allready been facinated by wolves to have been dreaming about them, but...
??
...make of that what you will.

Both at the same time, I guess. :|
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Krissy
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Krissy »

I was interested in Wolves first, but I was always interested in shape-shifters, from a very young age up. I think it was because (as a child) I felt that I should've been an animal, and dreampt of turning into one quite often (for the life of me I can't remember what types of animals). So, naturally, Werewolves just came into my interests. Concluding -- I think it was a blending of the two, really. I'm not that sure that Wolves were certainly first now. It just seems like that might be right...

:howl:  :oo
Wild and Wonderful,
Catamountess

~know not of thy presence,
till thy breath stirs the hairs on your neck~
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I had my love of wolves first. Though I always liked shapeshifting movies/books. The two blended togheter for me as well to create a love for werewolves. :D
Werewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Werewolf »

I would have to say wolves, I've always loved animals and wolves just hold a special place in my heart. I just love their wild spirit, their family pack bonds, playfulness and deep beautiful eyes :D

I like werewolves well because they are part wolf, but I only like werewolves that look like wolves not some sort of silly looking monster that shouldn't even be called a wolf :P
Nirvelli
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Nirvelli »

:P The whole interest starts mainly i think with wolves then changes over time to the were side .
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

My interest in wolves started when they began turning up in my art frequently ( I also had werewolves but I didn't know that's what they were ) . I tend to draw what dream and these creatures had been appearing in my dreams for awhile. My first real interest in werewolves happened after reading the novel Breathe Deeply put out by White Wolf, I was hooked after that, that was my defining point.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

I honestly don't remember which came first for me. I can't remember that far back.... My memory is kind of swiss cheese I guess you would say....

mmm swiss cheese... lck
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

For me it was Wolves, then it expanded to Werewolves. :D
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

both at about the same time, i think.