Muscles

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

How muscle-y should a werewolf be?

Were on steroids. Govinator wolf.
3%
Lots of muscles but not to a bodybuilder's extreme.
24%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
65%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
5%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
2%

Total votes: 92

WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

You mean Harry Potter 3 style Werewolves? Yeah that's pretty ugly, and it's kinda hard to take such creatures as a serious threat.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Vuldari, I could hug you. I think I will. *hugs Vuldari* :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

WolvenOne wrote:You mean Harry Potter 3 style Werewolves? Yeah that's pretty ugly, and it's kinda hard to take such creatures as a serious threat.
I can agree with you on that point. Though I did not hate the HP werewolf as many of us here did, (I liked the way the look of Lupin made you genuinely feel sorry for him), I definately prefer werewolves to look stronger and healthier than that.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Reilune wrote:Vuldari, I could hug you. I think I will. *hugs Vuldari* :D

I LOVE Hugs!!!

*Hugs Reilune back*
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Bald with long skinny bone-like arms.... although that sort of werewolf makes you feel sorry for em, they look more like giant were-Chiwawa's. I imagine one and half expect to hear it plug Taco-Bell.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I like my werewolfs to be like goldenwolfs drawings, but just a bit more muscular, now non of you cant argue me about that.I think reuline wasnt clear about how I meant by more muscular than an avaerage person.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

A Werewolf should definatly be more muscular than a average person, but not ridiclously so. A skinny person obviously shouldn't turn into a Furry version of the Hulk. :P
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Aki wrote:A Werewolf should definatly be more muscular than a average person, but not ridiclously so. A skinny person obviously shouldn't turn into a Furry version of the Hulk. :P
So you agree with me.But I was hurt when someone says it looks nasty when a werewolf has its veins poped out. that means they didnt really like this drawing I spent a month on and that also means of non of you like muscular werewolfs then you dont like my drawings :cry: :cryeyesout:
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/9009 ... 7my2ci.jpg
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:.But I was hurt when someone says it looks nasty when a werewolf has its veins poped out. that means they didnt really like this drawing I spent a month on and that also means of non of you like muscular werewolfs then you dont like my drawings :cry: :cryeyesout:
Try not to misunderstand. I voted on and described what I prefer most werewolves to look like. That does not mean that I "HATE" anything that does not fit within that description. A few "Bald and Bulgy" or "Hulking Huge" or even "Small and Sickly" every now and then just makes things more interesting. There would be nothing special about seeing my favorite kind of werewolf if they All looked like that.

...and I think that drawing ROCKS. It's a bit creepy and demonic for my tastes...but it's cool like that.

=^.^'= ~
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Aki wrote:A Werewolf should definatly be more muscular than a average person, but not ridiclously so.
Yeah, I figure they should be big enough to be intimidating, but not giant.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Vuldari wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:.But I was hurt when someone says it looks nasty when a werewolf has its veins poped out. that means they didnt really like this drawing I spent a month on and that also means of non of you like muscular werewolfs then you dont like my drawings :cry: :cryeyesout:
Try not to misunderstand. I voted on and described what I prefer most werewolves to look like. That does not mean that I "HATE" anything that does not fit within that description. A few "Bald and Bulgy" or "Hulking Huge" or even "Small and Sickly" every now and then just makes things more interesting. There would be nothing special about seeing my favorite kind of werewolf if they All looked like that.

...and I think that drawing ROCKS. It's a bit creepy and demonic for my tastes...but it's cool like that.
Yeah, i'm inclinded to agree with Vuldari. On everything but the 'too creepy and demonic' part. :lol:
Rogue_A
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Der amerikanische Steppenwolf

Post by Rogue_A »

I'd ditto with Vuldari too. '.' On average, I like the normal, law-of mass abiding variety, but the other ones are fine and awesome-lich too, so long as they aren't the majority. :P
"In fear I hurried this way and that. I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, the one as hateful as the other."-Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

The car lifting thing was in an old thread. It was established that they could lift one end of a car, but not pick the whole thing up and throw it easily.

As far as my personal preference goes...specific levels of musculature isn't really top on my list of qualities a werewolf should have. High levels of fur distribution, presence of a tail, mainly Lupine heads, and good feet are things I care about more.

But...I'd have to say I lean more towards muscly werewolves. Not uber muscly, but still pretty darn strong looking. I voted for the second option, but I definitely like the amount of musculature in GoldenWolf's art too. If the werewolves in Freeborn look like that (in terms of muscles) I definitely wouldn't be disappointed.
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Seeing different stuff makes life worth living. Imagine if everyday you woke up to the exact same day. I don't know about you, but I would go nuts.

By the way your pic is awesome. A tad too hairless for me. But, awesome none the less.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Shadow Wulf wrote:So you agree with me.But I was hurt when someone says it looks nasty when a werewolf has its veins poped out. that means they didnt really like this drawing I spent a month on and that also means of non of you like muscular werewolfs then you dont like my drawings :cry: :cryeyesout:

I like him! :D A tail might be nice though.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Shadow Wulf wrote:So you agree with me.But I was hurt when someone says it looks nasty when a werewolf has its veins poped out. that means they didnt really like this drawing I spent a month on and that also means of non of you like muscular werewolfs then you dont like my drawings :cry: :cryeyesout:
He's fine...
He just needs to lay off of the Nair, though.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Apokryltaros wrote:
He's fine...
He just needs to lay off of the Nair, though.

(Totally off topic: one day I am going to put Nair in the shampoo of someone I don't like -- ala Weird Al Yankovic.)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Actually, I'd say that's more or less the limit I'd put on how muscular a werewolf could be. There's nothing wrong with being muscular; it's just that there is a point where it can start to look ridiculous.

As for thin and sickly looking werewolves, well... I have my doubts. We're already talking about a syndrome that allows bone to distort and wounds to heal up faster, so it wouldn't be too farfetched to the say that the syndrome has a minor steroid effect. Muscles aren't gained or lost the same way fat calories are, so the explanation is that they don't gain muscles, just that the ones they have become more well toned.

A werewolf could, by that definition, be skinny in their human or wolf forms when the syndrome is dormant, but in their were forms, I think even the skinniest of werewolves would have a sort of wirey Bruce Lee-ish look to them.

Unless, of course, said werewolf regularly pumped himself full of tobacco, alcohol and chocolate while on human time. Then the sickly skinny look would be appropriate.
LoboLEO
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luna's pet

Post by LoboLEO »

I'll sound as I'm repeating myself...but again, why couldnt we have a group of werewolves that could be fairly different between them?...some muscular average ...other less ..and other with more steroids...who knows, ..werewolves that are more skilled on agility and other strongers...and the same I think for height, fur patterns and physical characterisitcs...

I do agree with the 3 alternative for "the ideal werewolf", but about a pack I like seeing diferent kind of beings...

Mmh I think I made myself clear ...I hope. :howl:  :oo
My werewolf-girl comic Online:
http://www.alphaluna.net/

My werewolf Art.
http://www.loboleo.com
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

crystal, I was thinking of the same thing when I first read this post. Mabey a more muscular werewolf and a werewolf on seroids looking ones mught be more for like warroirs.
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

I like LoboLEOs answer...

..."all of the above"...please. Some like this...some like that...all in the same pack.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Agreed. The reason I dislike and have not voted in this poll is because it's absolute rather than relative.

The question should not be how muscly werewolves are, but how muscly a werewolf is compared to its human form.

Weaker and looks it.
Same, but looks weaker.
Weaker, but doesn't look it.
Same -- can't tell a difference.
Stronger, but covered up by fur.
Same strength, but looks a little stronger.
Stronger and looks it.
A great deal stronger.
Insanely strong.

Something like that.

-- Vilkacis
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

a great deal stronger (and looks it)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

How about:

Only slightly more muscular, but a great deal stronger. (More potent)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Vuldari wrote:How about:

Only slightly more muscular, but a great deal stronger. (More potent)
or mabey very muscular but very weak. lol :lol: no but how about pretty muscular, but twice the strength.
Image Image