This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I was just thinking lately of were the werewolves would live. I just saw The Howling recently and one thing I really liked was the forest were most of the movie took place. I love wilderness areas with big, thick trees and lots of other plant life like ferns. I think that Devoured would be a better movie if it had nice locations like that. I think that woods with just thin, not very old trees would not be as effective. Those relitively new woods just dont give as much atmospere.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Re: Location

Post by Vuldari »

Silverclaw wrote:I was just thinking lately of were the werewolves would live. I just saw The Howling recently and one thing I really liked was the forest were most of the movie took place. I love wilderness areas with big, thick trees and lots of other plant life like ferns. I think that Devoured would be a better movie if it had nice locations like that. I think that woods with just thin, not very old trees would not be as effective. Those relitively new woods just dont give as much atmospere.
I know that, before the total "overhowl",(or "ReWolf", whichever you prefer. :wink: ), began, it was said that the film would take place in a Rural aria, rather than a big city. I suppose that may or may not still be true at this point.

One does not need to be out in the middle of nowhere to be near a wooded, natrual setting. Were I lived a few years back, I could see two things out our kitchen window. One, I saw on the horizon the largest mall in the United States. However, between the mall and where I was lay a nature preserve that ran right up to my back yard, where deer, coyotes, hawks, racoons and all manner of wildlife would pay our yard a visit on a regular basis.
(...oh how I miss that home. :cry: ) So, really. They would not need to live deep in the woods to have a place to run...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

It just depends on the character of the werewolf. He could spend his entire life living in the woods. Or live in the city and take a vacation to the woods once in a while.

The possibilities are endless. :wink:
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

I agree that where the ww would live, would depend on the ww. I thinkg that the majority would definitely be out in the woods. However, there are bound to be some that want to get a strawberry cheesecake/ chocolate macaroon double dip upon occasion. So there would be a few howlers on the corner.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silver wrote:I agree that where the ww would live, would depend on the ww. I thinkg that the majority would definitely be out in the woods. However, there are bound to be some that want to get a strawberry cheesecake/ chocolate macaroon double dip upon occasion. So there would be a few howlers on the corner.
Yum!! lck
Bladewing
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Bladewing »

Good idea. But I think it should have a balance of the city.

Example:

An old timer werewolf would live in the forest, in a little log cabin or soemthing.

For a guy who was just bitten, obviously he'd be (confused first of all) and living in an apartment or house or normal complex. Especially if he had been living a normal life before.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Hey, do an Appalachian mountains movie and, in the sequel, carry it to New York (Central Park and surrounding area).
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Werewolf! There. There wolf, there castle.

Post by Scott Gardener »

Everybody sets movies in California or New York City. For those of us who live everywhere else, it would be nice to see stuff set in our own towns and places. (I really enjoyed seeing Walker: Texas Ranger as a series, because I live in Texas.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Okay. What about Toledo?
Treads Lightly
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Treads Lightly »

WolfVanZandt wrote:Okay. What about Toledo?
Actually…

Northeast Ohio wouldn’t be too bad of a place to live if you were a werewolf. The cost of living is fairly low so the wolf could have a low profile job that is just enough to get him by in the human world. As far as roaming territory, there is plenty of it around here. Wayne National Forest is only a couple hours from where I am describing and the heart of Amish country is only minutes west. Lots of farmland and wooded areas in which to hide, play, and hunt. Not to mention that there are almost more deer than people in this state. If you aren’t any good at hunting, just find any highway! Then there’s competition, or rather lack of it. Wolves have been extinct from Ohio since the 1700s. If you did want real wolf companionship or just want to blend in, travel north a few hours to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to find free ranging wolves.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Yum, Amish......
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Hey, wait.....
I was talking about their bread. I like Amish baking.

What did you think I was talking about!?

Some people.......
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

WolfVanZandt wrote:Hey, wait.....
I was talking about their bread. I like Amish baking.

What did you think I was talking about!?

Some people.......
Mennonites go better with red wine.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

That's true.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Werewolf! There. There wolf, there castle.

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Everybody sets movies in California or New York City. For those of us who live everywhere else, it would be nice to see stuff set in our own towns and places. (I really enjoyed seeing Walker: Texas Ranger as a series, because I live in Texas.)

Yes, Tejas!!
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

I do enjoy "pretty" movies better.

Movies like Master and Commander, Pirates of the Carribbean, Dances with Wolves, and even Van Helsing - the land practically becomes a character in the movie. The striking landscape forces you to locate yourself as an oberver and become a silent partcicpant in what's going on. In otherwords, striking scenery heightens realism for me.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

I agree landscapes create a mood in a movie just like lighting or good acting. Though not everyone can live in their paradise so that would mean that not all werewolves could live in theirs.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

*nods* Another thing about movies that are set anywhere other than L.A. or New York? The locals suddenly want to know everything about it. When Robin Williams won the oscar for his work in Good Will Hunting, I swear I could hear my whole freaking neighborhood cheering for him.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:| you could use canada theoretically, since the nature out there is amazing. I go there evry summer and spend time on a lake, and i swear it's like being out in the middle of nowhere... dirt roads, lakes, all forest, nearest (small) town is 20 minutes by car away, nearest (big) town is 40 minutes away by car...have to get a well for fresh water ( a modern well with pumps that feed to your faucet, mind you)... it's really nice up there... if you ignore the horrendous monetary system and enourmous leech of a government. :lol: