Google Earth!

The place for anything at all...
NarnianWolfen
Legendary
Legendary

Google Earth!

Post by NarnianWolfen »

For those of you with lotsa room and high speed connections, I highly suggest downloading Google Earth! It's AWESOME! (Google Search: Google Earth, click first link, go to downloads, and get the freebie download). You can look at ANYTHING on the Earth pretty much, and in some areas get in really close and see amazing detail! It's not all up to date (I can see one of my mom's trucks at the house we used to live at, and we don't live there anymore and sold that truck), but it's still SOCOOL! I love it. I've seen the great pyramids, the statue of Liberty, the Golden Gate Bridge, the sphinx, the imperial palace at Tokyo...this program is SONEAT! A geographer's dream!

Anyone up for some Where's Waldo? 8)
~Kate

"She should not lock the open door (run away run away run away!), full moon is on the sky and he's not a man anymore...sees the change in him but can't (run away run away run away) see what became out of her man...full moon!"
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

I know of something similar. It's called Terra Server, and it's been pretty useful for me. I tried google earth page, and it seems my computer is just too old to support it. Sorry I don't have an opinion to add!

Where's Waldo? Okay... see if you can spot the Hoover Dam! Just find out exactly where it is on the internet. No Waldo, but hey. This is as good as I can do! (post a picture to prove your find)

(edit: Terraserver isn't as good as it used to be. GlobeXplorer is better, if you want to try it.)
Last edited by Celestialwolf on Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Yeah, google Earth is neat. If you've been watching the news lately, you'll notice that that is where they've been pulling all of their satellite imaging data from.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image