General Announcments and Updates

The place for anything at all...
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Crappity

Post by WolvenOne »

Well, my computer is now broken so for the next few weeks I'll probably be gone. I am working on scrounging together enough money for a new machine but I'm afraid this happened at a very bad time.

Further updates on the situation will be posted at my livejournal, which you can find at...

http://www.livejournal.com/users/wolvenone/

Thank you for your time.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I'm about 18 hours from surgery, doing the surgical prep thing tonight. Can't stray more than 10 feet from a toilet and no dairy or solid foods, ick. Argh. :P No fun. Don't EVER ask me to go vegan! :lol:

So, I guess this is it. I'll be quiet for at least 3 or 4 days. Try not to cry too long or hard :wink:
ImageImageImageImage
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

vrikasatma wrote:I'm about 18 hours from surgery, doing the surgical prep thing tonight. Can't stray more than 10 feet from a toilet and no dairy or solid foods, ick. Argh. :P No fun. Don't EVER ask me to go vegan! :lol:

So, I guess this is it. I'll be quiet for at least 3 or 4 days. Try not to cry too long or hard :wink:

I had to go through the same thing for my surgery. It was to repair a fistula. I couldn't eat solid foods as well.

That was my 1st surgery. I was so nervous, they gave me something to calm me down. Wherever it was, it didn't work becuase I was still shaking like a leaf.

After that shot passed me out, the next thing I remember was waking up in the recovery room. After that, everything went well.

I hope everything goes well with you. :D
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Yeah, it's not the surgery I'm stressing over. They're gonna heal me and if Ap-Uautu and Shiva want me to die, then I just won't wake up and that'll be it. A kind of gentle resignation, I suppose...

It's just no fun, this part. The bowel prep meds taste horrendous AND I'm supposed to keep 16 antibiotics horse pills down in about an hour or so. Mom's eating coconut shrimp and rice and I gotta settle for lemonade for dinner :roll:

Thanks for the thought...I'm constantly tuning in to the flow you guys are all sending my way :)
ImageImageImageImage
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Ugh.... And I thought the surgery I had today was bad. A side of my lip is swollen beyond belief, I look like an idiot not to mention the surgery was more than uncomfortable.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I don't know if you'll read this before you go in, vrikasatma, but I wish you the best of luck. You and I don't always agree, but it would be a sad thing indeed if you weren't here anymore. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

vrikasatma wrote:I'm about 18 hours from surgery, doing the surgical prep thing tonight. Can't stray more than 10 feet from a toilet and no dairy or solid foods, ick. Argh. :P No fun. Don't EVER ask me to go vegan! :lol:

:shudder:

I am too chicken S&@# to go under the knife (unless I am dying or something)

I wish you the best of luck and come back soon.:D :D :D
Akela wrote:Sounds a bit selfish, but such is the human nature.
Yep it is. Mainly the wrestler locker rooms are filled with ego filled, selfish jerks but I'm used to that (have you ever been in high school :lol: ). I can
talk someone into something really good so (after the images are done) I'll try to sweet talk him. And anyway, I drew them so why can't I show them?! :roll: :|
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Well, I've been able to get my computer back up and running, miraculessly.

Hopefully it'll stay running for awhile.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

vrikasatma wrote:Take it from someone who lives in a college town — they don't grow up. The only difference I can see between high school kids and college kids is, by and large, the latter are bigger, stronger, and *think* that just because they aren't living with their parents anymore, absolves them of responsibility.
*nods* That's true. Every college has it's frat boys or little brats that are only in college because their daddy payed for a new library at their private school (the one year I went to a prep school, a convicted drug dealer graduated in the Honor society), but the saving grace is that if you flunk all your classes in highschool, you stay back a year, but if you flunk all your classes in college, you're kicked out.

That's at least true of state schools anyway -- screw all that ivy league B.S. I don't care what anyone says -- Yale is a big load of BS. I mean... Yeesh, they even gave George W. ("Nuke-yoo-lure") Bush a degree.

Oh, and, uh... Turns out the guys at the computer repair shop lied to me; it really does need a new monitor, and since the cost to replace it would be more than what some new laptops are going for, it means this weekend I'm going shopping for a brand new one. The cheapest way would be to order one via my father's business (which will come at a helluva' discount), but that could take weeks to deliver.

In other words, my absense from full pack participation is going to be extended.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Last edited by outwarddoodles on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Evacuating Rita

Post by Scott Gardener »

Just letting you know I'll be away awhile, as I'm evacuating from Hurricane Rita. If all goes well, I should be back next week. If not, I'll get back to you when I can. My wife and I will be safe, because we're getting out.

Our thoughts go out to the people of New Orleans and the other areas hit by Katrina. We're right along side you, except you're having to do it twice.

And for those out there who balked at what the difference one degree of global warming makes, this is the difference.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Evacuating Rita

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Just letting you know I'll be away awhile, as I'm evacuating from Hurricane Rita. If all goes well, I should be back next week. If not, I'll get back to you when I can. My wife and I will be safe, because we're getting out.

Our thoughts go out to the people of New Orleans and the other areas hit by Katrina. We're right along side you, except you're having to do it twice.

And for those out there who balked at what the difference one degree of global warming makes, this is the difference.

Well, I hope you find a place to stay. People have to go as far as El Paso just to find a hotel. There is still people from Hurricane Kitrina here in Texas.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

keep you computer dry we want to see you when you get back :D
THE GAME

My Armory
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Good deal, Scott! Get out of there!

Okay, here's where I'm at — HOME!!! YAY!!! :party: Resting comfortably, eating solids, no dietary restrictions. Pathology should be in today, staples coming out next week.

Must dash — lots more e-mail to plough through, getting tired, dinner's almost ready. Just wanted to do a quick update.

Texas Pack! Get the flock outta there, now while you still can!! I mean it!!!
ImageImageImageImage
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Re: Evacuating Rita

Post by Lupin »

Scott Gardener wrote:Just letting you know I'll be away awhile, as I'm evacuating from Hurricane Rita. If all goes well, I should be back next week. If not, I'll get back to you when I can. My wife and I will be safe, because we're getting out.
Good luck. If I were in a costal area, I'd be doing the same thing.
Scientists aren't real sure what's going on. We're in the peak of a 20-year cycle that was around before global warming. And while hurricane intensity has increased, the total number of hurricanes has dropped.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Could this be the end of the world as we know it? :o Like The day after tomorrow.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

vrikasatma wrote:Good deal, Scott! Get out of there!

Okay, here's where I'm at — HOME!!! YAY!!! :party: Resting comfortably, eating solids, no dietary restrictions. Pathology should be in today, staples coming out next week.

Must dash — lots more e-mail to plough through, getting tired, dinner's almost ready. Just wanted to do a quick update.

glad to hear it. get plenty of rest :D
Shadow wulf wrote:Could this be the end of the world as we know it? Like The day after tomorrow.
I know the weather lately is really wack!!
Last edited by Anubis on Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Good for you, vrikasatma!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Glad you're feeling ok. Rest up and gain back your strength. :D
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

If yall will remeber sometime last year, a huge iceberg roughly the size of texas and arizona fell onto the north atlantic. Back then the scientists said that it would have a big impact on the weather. That's what I belive is causing this bad season. still my hopes and prayers go out to those of use who live on the texas coast.
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

Yea yahooo whoopeeee *bounces lots* Welcome back!!!

Hope all is ok and you all comphy and secure at home *hands you a wuff teddy bear*

=). Take care and restup!!!
ImageImage
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Petard wrote:If yall will remeber sometime last year, a huge iceberg roughly the size of texas and arizona fell onto the north atlantic. Back then the scientists said that it would have a big impact on the weather. That's what I belive is causing this bad season. still my hopes and prayers go out to those of use who live on the texas coast.
I don't know if the iceberg has effected al that much. Water much be heated at 80 degrees F for a hurricane to occur, and humid conditions are favorable( the the hurricane that is.). For Hurricanes researchers do put down the heat of the water, and the depth, and the depth of the heated waters. The depth here may effect the hurricanes, yet that doesn't mean more hot water. Suaing an Example, not true facts; Lets say the water is heated 80 degrees to 50ft, becasue the ocean gains a foot it doesn't mean there will be 51 ft of heated water.

Otherwise global warming can be very well causing this. With the heated water, and humid conditions, more hurricanes are bound to be created. Though, I don't see how that estimated 1 degree of average of global warming has made hurricanes become stronger. I think if global warming rises there may be more hurricanes, yet just because we got some nasty storms this year, thats doesn't mean it has to do with that one degree extra.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Koshaw wrote:Yea yahooo whoopeeee *bounces lots* Welcome back!!!

Hope all is ok and you all comphy and secure at home *hands you a wuff teddy bear*

=). Take care and restup!!!
Ohhh... [accepts teddy wuff] Tenk yooooouuuuuuu! :panting: :love: [huggle teddy and Koshaw]

Actually one of my barn buddies gave me a plush of the female Wild Thing from <i>Where The Wild Things Are</i> :)

Home is where the healing happens. Ate a big lunch and am currently shamelessly rolled over on my back, paws in the air :D
ImageImageImageImage
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

Hugs vrikasatma =)

*scritches her tummy (carefully) and avoids the flailing paws*

Glad you are better! Take good care heal up =_)

I am off to the Outer Banks of NC tomrrow...

:howl:  :oo
ImageImage
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

THE NEW COMPY CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!!! HUZZAH!!! THINGS ARE BACK TO THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE!!!

Or... At least they will be back to the way they should be once I re-install all of my virus protection. It's not a problem really, but hopefully I won't have to spend my entire two-year warranty running the "Crap Cleaner" every hour on the hour.

So it's not perfect, but still, HUZZAH!!!