Second Life

The place for anything at all...
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Second Life

Post by Goldenwolf »

Just thought I would share with you all the coolness that is the virtual world of Second Life. It's like a huge chat room where you can have and be anything you want. Well, not right away, but in time you could :)

Anyway, just wanted to show you my awesome new werewolf form made by the uber-talented Jakkal:

Eeeeebil!

And my char, Blackclaw, with her favorite chew-toy, a chicken:

Lastly, Blackclaw's anthro wolf form:

Anyway, it's free, so definetly come have a poke around if you are so inclined :)
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

DAMN :o That's a WereWolf for ya!!! That is so wicked!!! I've got to plat that :howl:  :oo and they look well built :o
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Yay SECOND LIFE!

I may not be as good as Jakkal at character modeling, but I'm proud of what I have done so far with my own Avatar. In time, I intend to add "fuzz" to the tail, ears, etc. plus create whiskers, claws, teeth and so forth, and add some more fur patterns with some custom textures and stuff (just as soon as I can find the time and learn HOW to make those things) but here is what I've made so far.

:Vuldari Yamabushi:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

my personal favorite is Jakkal's drakolupin. That one is just bloody awesome!
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Hmm...I wanted to sign up for a free account but it's taking me to my paypal account. :?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

PariahPoet wrote:Hmm...I wanted to sign up for a free account but it's taking me to my paypal account. :?
Unfortunately...you need to give them account information in order for them to verify your identity. (This is to prevent you from creating a gazillion "free" accounts, among other reasons. It's easy to create a new E-Mail account and claim to be someone else, but no one is likely to open a new bank account just to get another Free "Second Life" account.)

There are some services in the game that DO cost money, if you wish to take advantage of them at a later date, so the Game Makers would like to know that you are "Capable" of paying them for something...someday...maybe.

If you have a Credit-Card/ Check-Card / Pay-Pal account, don't be afraid to input that information when it asks for it at registration. You will NOT be charged anything. ...it's just procedure.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Veruth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Veruth »

I've heard of second life, It looks really cool. But I'm stuck with dialup so I don't think It'll work for me. :(
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Vuldari wrote:
PariahPoet wrote:Hmm...I wanted to sign up for a free account but it's taking me to my paypal account. :?
Unfortunately...you need to give them account information in order for them to verify your identity. (This is to prevent you from creating a gazillion "free" accounts, among other reasons. It's easy to create a new E-Mail account and claim to be someone else, but no one is likely to open a new bank account just to get another Free "Second Life" account.)

There are some services in the game that DO cost money, if you wish to take advantage of them at a later date, so the Game Makers would like to know that you are "Capable" of paying them for something...someday...maybe.

If you have a Credit-Card/ Check-Card / Pay-Pal account, don't be afraid to input that information when it asks for it at registration. You will NOT be charged anything. ...it's just procedure.
:x

BS, Man! Just freakin' BS! :x
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Thankfully I'll be getting dsl soon and I have a credit card :D

I'm sorry Hamster :(
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Sorry Hamster, you get to stay back with me untill we're older. I don't liuke the fact I can't join, but yet I think not lalowing youngsters like me keeps the spam down and the intellegence up. Don't worry, when we get to play it imagine how much upgrades it will have by then.

I don't plan on having credit cards when I'm older, yet I'm curious, how to paypal accounts work?

GoldenWolfen; Oh i know, the avatars Jakkal made are way sweet, particularily that black werewolf one is awsome.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

*Stomps away to the corner and plays with stuffed animals.* :spincap:

:(
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

outwarddoodles wrote:Sorry Hamster, you get to stay back with me untill we're older. I don't liuke the fact I can't join, but yet I think not lalowing youngsters like me keeps the spam down and the intellegence up. Don't worry, when we get to play it imagine how much upgrades it will have by then.

I don't plan on having credit cards when I'm older, yet I'm curious, how to paypal accounts work?

GoldenWolfen; Oh i know, the avatars Jakkal made are way sweet, particularily that black werewolf one is awsome.
With me as well. Gah... :roll:

Oh well, at least I can stare at the kewlness of the Werewolf... :o

The claws look cool... :D
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Meh second life is no fun for me. I'll just stick with the guys on the BattleFront 2 servers we have some good times...
Rwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: 1,2... 10 pointy black claws.

Post by Rwolf »

Liking the shot on the countertop :P

I need to work on my werewolf model...
Altho he's looking skinny right now without fur textures :cry: :howl:  :oo
And he has no legs, and puny hands. I'll fix that.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Perhaps someone could put up a tutorial on how to create characters?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

outwarddoodles wrote:I don't plan on having credit cards when I'm older, yet I'm curious, how to paypal accounts work?
I don't have any credit cards, and if I can help it, I never will.

I actually used my "Check-Card" that WellsFargo gave me for opening a checking account with them. It has a little "VISA" logo in the corner, which means that, even though It is not really a credit card, I can use it anywhere as if it is (even online).

Most Banks offer cards like this...though a prerequisite is that you need to open a checking account to get one...which requires a minimum initial deposit...which requires MONEY...which requires a job.

So...if you don't have a source of income, then that option is definately out.

Of course...you could ask someone you know to let you use their card...just for the registration. (It doesn't charge the card even a Penny. It just does a check to see that the cards account does in fact exist).

I also have a "Pay-Pal" account...but I'm really not even sure how it works. I just tried to buy something on E-Bay one day, and it said I should get a PayPal account, so I followed the link and got one. (Which also required me to enter CreditCard/CheckCard info to get one.)

=^.^'= ~
Rwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: 1,2... 10 pointy black claws.

Post by Rwolf »

I sense low rate charge for setting up acounts lol...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Aww...I have a bank account, with *cough* $5 *cough* in it. (My mom owes me $200, and I swore I had another 200 in my account.) I always thought there was a card out there that takes money directly from your bank account, and that its probally a really smart idea. Yet I don't see why I'd have to pay in order to pay for stuff. And I guess paypal accounts are out of the question, don't need any anyway.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

outwarddoodles wrote: I always thought there was a card out there that takes money directly from your bank account, and that its probally a really smart idea. Yet I don't see why I'd have to pay in order to pay for stuff.
That's what my "CHECK-CARD" is.

Though it can be processed like a credit-card (and many places, when a "CREDIT CARD" is supposedly required, I can just use my CH-CRD, claiming it to be a VISA CR-CRD, and the trasaction will go through without a hitch.), it just withdraws money dirrectly from my account as if I were writing a paper check. I know WellsFargo and TCF banks offer Checking accounts with these cards for free. (No Fees for opening the account, or for using the card). All you need is about $200 to deposit into the New account.

I love my Check Card. I can do so much with it. (Like signing up for stuff...buying things on E-Bay...buying MORE stuff...)
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

outwarddoodles wrote:Aww...I have a bank account, with *cough* $5 *cough* in it. (My mom owes me $200, and I swore I had another 200 in my account.) I always thought there was a card out there that takes money directly from your bank account, and that its probally a really smart idea.
That's what a debit card does. When I use mine The money gets taken directly out of my checking account.

I have a credit card, but I don't really use it except for charging small items, which I then pay off at the end of the month, so I don't get charged interest.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Looks cool, but you have to pay for it. :( So thats a 'no'.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Morkulv wrote:Looks cool, but you have to pay for it. :( So thats a 'no'.
No you don't.

... it's TOTALLY FREE. You only need to enter CreditCard/CheckCard/DebitCard info to verify your identity. It does not cost you a penny any more.

Just read the big, Bold words at the bottom of this page.

-->SECOND LIFE<--

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Morkulv wrote:Looks cool, but you have to pay for it. :( So thats a 'no'.
No you don't.

... it's TOTALLY FREE. You only need to enter CreditCard/CheckCard/DebitCard info to verify your identity. It does not cost you a penny any more.

-->SECOND LIFE<--

Odd that its free.

I wonder where they get the funding for maintaining the site and keeping it online.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:No you don't.

-->SECOND LIFE<--
Odd that its free.

I wonder where they get the funding for maintaining the site and keeping it online.
It's only FREE if you have an Avatar only....which is all you need to do just about anything in the game.

However, there is "PREMIUM" membership available as well, which costs $10/ Month. What you get with that is a much greater weekly allowance of game money to spend...but more importantly, you get your OWN Plot of Land in the game, which you can terraform, and build on to your hearts content, that exists as a part of the greater SL world, and anyone who plays the game can visit you island and check out the cool stuff you put on it. (Unless you don't want them to...in which case you can set it so only members whom you give permission can enter your corner of the world.)

There are alot of "owned" plots of land in the game...apparently enough to fund the upkeep of the servers without the need to charge "everyone" any more.

(Plus...up untill a few weeks ago, all new members, myself included, had to pay an initial $10 sign-up fee to join. ...a fee which has since been removed.)

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:No you don't.

-->SECOND LIFE<--
Odd that its free.

It's only FREE if you have an Avatar only....which is all you need to do just about anything in the game.

However, there is "PREMIUM" membership available as well, which costs $10/ Month. What you get with that is a much greater weekly allowance of game money to spend...but more importantly, you get your OWN Plot of Land in the game, which you can terraform, and build on to your hearts content, that exists as a part of the greater SL world, and anyone who plays the game can visit you island and check out the cool stuff you put on it. (Unless you don't want them to...in which case you can set it so only members whom you give permission can enter your corner of the world.)

There are alot of "owned" plots of land in the game...apparently enough to fund the upkeep of the servers without the need to charge "everyone" any more.

(Plus...up untill a few weeks ago, all new members, myself included, had to pay an initial $10 sign-up fee to join. ...a fee which has since been removed.)

Oh.....ok. Sounds interesting. To bad I'm not into that sort of thing. heh....If I was...I'd be doing the same thing there as I am here. :duckiemind: :tongue: :D