How do werewolves see (normal) humans?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

How do werewolves see humans?

Mindless sheep fit only to be grazed upon? (ALA Blade)
5%
A species to be controlled and 'managed'? (ALA Whitewolf)
5%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
8%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
10%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
40%
Report the incident to your pack’s leaders and let them decide what to do
33%

Total votes: 40

ANTIcarrot.
Pack Member
Pack Member

How do werewolves see (normal) humans?

Post by ANTIcarrot. »

Answers on a postcard please. :wink:

ANTIcarrot.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

They all could be true, just depends on the werewolf individual. But I think the most seen one would be that humans are dangerous pack hunters. The majority of werewolves hide what they are just so they are not hunted down by the human race.
I'm sure for a lot of the newly bitten, they see it humans as what they wish they still were.
ShadowWolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by ShadowWolf »

I'd say Dangerous Pack Hunters. Sure a werewolves have got a lot of things going for them, strong, fast, quick healing, heightened sences, and they could probably slice, dice, and cut julien fries out of just about anyone. But throw thirty or so people together, give them a few dozen different firearms, and tell them there's a werewolf around, and you've got one angery mob on your tail.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

You know, we all share the same planet. And you can't judge the person/human before you get to know them. I bet some, or all, of the werewolves in the film will have human friends.

I don't see the wolf as the enemy or a threat. I see it as a soul free to run. I bet some of the werewolves may think the same about humans.

Like Silverclaw said "it depends on the werewolf individual."
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

Figarou wrote:You know, we all share the same planet. And you can't judge the person/human before you get to know them. I bet some, or all, of the werewolves in the film will have human friends.

I don't see the wolf as the enemy or a threat. I see it as a soul free to run. I bet some of the werewolves may think the same about humans.

Each individual will have their own feelings and views on humans, but what about the elders of a pack perhaps they have a " pack law " that has been in place for centuries, something like that would greatly influence their feelings toward a race that has hunted them for generations if that wasn't reason enough.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:
Figarou wrote:You know, we all share the same planet. And you can't judge the person/human before you get to know them. I bet some, or all, of the werewolves in the film will have human friends.

Each individual will have their own feelings and views on humans, but what about the elders of a pack perhaps they have a " pack law " that has been in place for centuries, something like that would greatly influence their feelings toward a race that has hunted them for generations if that wasn't reason enough.

Not all werewolves are in a pack. There is such thing as a "lone wolf."
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

Not all werewolves are in a pack. There is such thing as a "lone wolf."
Yes, but a wolf without a pack is basically nothing, even lone wolves are always looking for a pack to join up with. A lone werewolf would be far more destructive either to himself or others in any case, resenting both the humans he can't ever truly be a part of and the pack that disowned him.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:
Yes, but a wolf without a pack is basically nothing, even lone wolves are always looking for a pack to join up with. A lone werewolf would be far more destructive either to himself or others in any case, resenting both the humans he can't ever truly be a part of and the pack that disowned him.
If he leans towards his wolf side, yes, he is nothing without a pack. But if he leans towards his human side, then thats a different matter of opinion. He won't be destructive to himself or others. Only to fit in. Gotta see it both ways, you know.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:
If he leans towards his wolf side, yes, he is nothing without a pack. But if he leans towards his human side, then thats a different matter of opinion. He won't be destructive to himself or others. Only to fit in. Gotta see it both ways, you know.
Yeah, but haven't we seen that happen in a lot of films ? The more they try to something they are not the more unpredictable the situation becomes. I'm not saying it isn't possible but ignoring his wolf side for so long would def. lead to mental issues and how many of his friends are going to understand when they eventually catch him shifting ? If he lives around a lot of humans they will sooner or later. His only option if he wanted to be alone would be to live alone in a secluded place without human contact and out of a pack's territory, he may join up with a pack of normal wolves unless they are intimidated by him. He truly would be a Lone Wolf with much of an existance.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote: Yeah, but haven't we seen that happen in a lot of films ? The more they try to something they are not the more unpredictable the situation becomes. I'm not saying it isn't possible but ignoring his wolf side for so long would def. lead to mental issues and how many of his friends are going to understand when they eventually catch him shifting ? If he lives around a lot of humans they will sooner or later. His only option if he wanted to be alone would be to live alone in a secluded place without human contact and out of a pack's territory, he may join up with a pack of normal wolves unless they are intimidated by him. He truly would be a Lone Wolf with much of an existance.

Naaa...ignoring the wolf side won't lead to mental issues. The human side is much smarter than the wolf side. If the werewolf wanted to be free of the human side for a while, he could take a small trip to the woods and just let himself go. Sort of like wolfing out on your days off from work. He doesn't have to live in solitude.
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

I voted in this poll, but I would have picked something else if there were other choices, as I think looking at humans as "prey" and "dangerous" might be good too.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote: Yeah, but haven't we seen that happen in a lot of films ? The more they try to something they are not the more unpredictable the situation becomes. I'm not saying it isn't possible but ignoring his wolf side for so long would def. lead to mental issues and how many of his friends are going to understand when they eventually catch him shifting ? If he lives around a lot of humans they will sooner or later. His only option if he wanted to be alone would be to live alone in a secluded place without human contact and out of a pack's territory, he may join up with a pack of normal wolves unless they are intimidated by him. He truly would be a Lone Wolf with much of an existance.

Naaa...ignoring the wolf side won't lead to mental issues. The human side is much smarter than the wolf side. If the werewolf wanted to be free of the human side for a while, he could take a small trip to the woods and just let himself go. Sort of like wolfing out on your days off from work. He doesn't have to live in solitude.
Even though a human has a larger brain they already enough mental difficulties without also being a werewolf, an estranged werewolf would tripling all of those emotions and thoughts. Heck, sometimes just worrying about people seeing them would eventually lead to a breakdown, but this werewolf has to worry about people, other werewolves, not to mention any unnatural enemies they might encounter....
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote: Even though a human has a larger brain they already enough mental difficulties without also being a werewolf, an estranged werewolf would tripling all of those emotions and thoughts. Heck, sometimes just worrying about people seeing them would eventually lead to a breakdown, but this werewolf has to worry about people, other werewolves, not to mention any unnatural enemies they might encounter....

You worry to much. :wink:

Relax....chill. Have a cold beer and some deer. :D
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote: Even though a human has a larger brain they already enough mental difficulties without also being a werewolf, an estranged werewolf would tripling all of those emotions and thoughts. Heck, sometimes just worrying about people seeing them would eventually lead to a breakdown, but this werewolf has to worry about people, other werewolves, not to mention any unnatural enemies they might encounter....

You worry to much. :wink:

Relax....chill. Have a cold beer and some deer. :D
Ironically it's the opposite I sitting here listening to Jimmy BuffetT tunes a sipping a margarita........ hwlwnk
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:
Ironically it's the opposite I sitting here listening to Jimmy BuffetT tunes a sipping a margarita........ hwlwnk
lck http://www.margaritaville.com/ lck
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

They would probably try to judge humans as individuals, and likewise every individual werewolf would have their own personal opinion of the human race. I chose Defacto/rulers, however, because I believe it's the closest possible description of how most would percieve the human race. The reality would be that, though humans as individuals are weaker than werewolves, they outnumber the werewolves a million to one. They would see the human race as a mob -- a force that cannot be reckoned with, one which they must either live among or distance themselves from entirely, but above all else, a force that should not be challenged. They are not the rightful heirs to the Earth, but to challenge their reign would not only be suicide, it could potentially lead to the lycanthrope's extinction.
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

I didn't vote because I didn't find one choice that was comfortable for me.

Now I may be too nice in my own view, but I think it's valid. If I were a werewolf by our standards, I would have been bitten -ergo a former human. I think in the beginning at leaat, I would consider myself a human with a new twist (on the unconcious level). Remember, the shift only happens once every thirty or so days. Most of the time you're still mostely human. In time, as I got used to my new state of being, it would really sink in that I'm different.

But all the people I love and like would probably still be humans. I'd probably hide what I am from most of them, but I don't think my affection for them would change. I think I would view them kinda like childhood friends that never got to be adults.

To make a long story boring - I think it's possible for WWs to view their human counterparts as those wh didn't 'get' to be.

I certainly believe they would see the race of humans as something to be cautious about. But as a sub-species, or an enemy species...I can't see that.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I also didn't think any of the options really described my thoughts on the subject.

I think it would depend on the individual to a certain point; however, most (excluding wolf-werewolves and those born as werewolves) would have a common origin and upbringing in the human race, and would likely not consider them prey, or any such thing.

That humans are the rulers of the planet seems undeniable, but probably wouldn't be a thought that would cross a great many minds.

The other three options would be up to the individual. Do they still wish they were human? Do they find the human race funny (I know I do at times)? Should they be afraid of humans?

Some might feel superior and powerful because they could easily turn any situation into the human equivalent of a frog in a blender, while others might be wary or even paranoid of any action that might bring about an angry mob. These views are not mutually exclusive, either.

-- Vilkacis
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Am I evil? Am I human? Am I just like you?

Post by Scott Gardener »

Suddenly being faced with the prospect of being something other than human will force the issue of whether or not humans should rule the planet. Though it could be possible to avoid addressing the topic, one would have to go out of the way to do so.

I think dealing with lycanthropy would force a lot of things once taken for granted to be reconsidered. It could boost some peoples' intellect just by hitting them over the head with a philosophy hammer. It's a lot harder to be complacently naive in your notion of human dominion if you're suddenly not human anymore.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

It truly depends on the individual. Some may dislike humans and rather not care for them. Some may be depressed of their wolven side and wish they were them, while others may beleive they are better and find them amusing. Humans can certainly be dangerus. As a way t kill cougars, bears, and wolves pioneers got in big circles with their weapons and slowly walked inward killing all they see. This could be dangeous to a werewolf.

Its the individual.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."