Wanted: 2006 Werewolf Calendar

The place for anything at all...
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Akugarou wrote:Gad! I hope every page isn't like that.

I like old school, but not ancient school. :wink:
That's the only page, I think. There's just one image with the whole calendar year on one page.

-- Vilkacis
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I'd be willing to help as well 8)
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I love calendars. Every year I just can't choose which from the calendar booth. The one with the kitties on it photomanipulated to look like they have designs painted on them, the calendar of spam, a WWII calendar, a wolf calendar, and what I noticed I sappose new this year; A calendar full of pictures of the moon! Personally, I want the one with the pictures of the moon, though I think if there were a werewolf calendar that would be a done deal; I'm wanting it.

Infact, if something like this can be put together, it may sell great in the anthropomorphic community. I would love one of all werewolves, though would be great to have pictures of anthro wildlife pictures (I'd perfer the certain tribal or native american like theme.)

So I say, go with the werewolves!

I'd join in helping to make it, though I'm much to untalented, I doubt anyone would love to stare at my art for a whole month strait. Though I would sapport it in hopefully getting the calendar for myself.
Heh, this is the closest thing I can find to an existing werewolf calendar:

http://www.cafepress.com/scryptoart.13904210
Yuck. I like alot of artwork from that time but thats yucky.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked

Post by Akugarou »

Since things have stalled with this calendar idea, I came up with an way to will take some of the burden off of artists that wish to participate.

If you check with your local print shop, or office supply store (OfficeMax, Staples, etc.) they have the ability to make calendars from pictures that you supply. This means everyone who wants a calendar can have a custom one made for themselves, and not tie up the funds of some well-meaning forum member (I think I saw someone suggest this in an earlier post).

Better yet, instead of taking all of your pictures (hard copies, on disc, etc.) to a printer, OfficeMax has an online calendar wizard. It basically allows you to upload pictures from your computer. It supports .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .wmf, .png, .tif, and .pcx file types. Everything can be done online, no need to even visit the store!

Of course, this still means that we need artists to donate artwork to this calendar project, but these details can be worked out.

Comments?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Akugarou wrote:Since things have stalled with this calendar idea, I came up with an way to will take some of the burden off of artists that wish to participate.

If you check with your local print shop, or office supply store (OfficeMax, Staples, etc.) they have the ability to make calendars from pictures that you supply. This means everyone who wants a calendar can have a custom one made for themselves, and not tie up the funds of some well-meaning forum member (I think I saw someone suggest this in an earlier post).

Better yet, instead of taking all of your pictures (hard copies, on disc, etc.) to a printer, OfficeMax has an online calendar wizard. It basically allows you to upload pictures from your computer. It supports .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .wmf, .png, .tif, and .pcx file types. Everything can be done online, no need to even visit the store!

Of course, this still means that we need artists to donate artwork to this calendar project, but these details can be worked out.

Comments?

Ooooo...I might make my own "Figarou calendar" with the artwork I collected!!!
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I like the idea of the calendar :D I still will offer my services to help even though I haven't got my scanner yet :( but I am working on it :P
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akugarou »

Sooo... Are there any artists out there, who would like to donate a piece of artwork for a 2006 'The Pack' calendar?

At this time, I just want to know the level of interest in this project. So if you are an artist who wishes to contribute, please say so in this thread. In a week or so, we'll see how it is going, and proceed from there.

Thanks! :)
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I'm always willing to help The Pack 8) :D
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

I want to, but the one I'm working on isn't finished yet... :(
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

I'll donate! :howl:  :oo
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Maybe we could make one of the months the finished group picture of the pack. That would be awesome :howl:  :oo
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akugarou »

Darth Canis wrote:Maybe we could make one of the months the finished group picture of the pack. That would be awesome :howl:  :oo
Yes, it would be indeed! :D
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

yeah it would be awsome 2006 werewolf calender wait what if it was all the permer dates on all of the WW movies permering next year :D that would be awsome :howl:  :oo
THE GAME

My Armory
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Hmmm... a faded image of the phase of the moon as a background for each day, high-quality artwork for the pictures, notes of werewolf and moon-related events, movie premier dates... a well-designed calender could be a lot of fun. I'm no artist, but I'd certainly love to have a calender like this.
Sanity is relative.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

same here :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ralith Lupus wrote:Hmmm... a faded image of the phase of the moon as a background for each day, high-quality artwork for the pictures, notes of werewolf and moon-related events, movie premier dates... a well-designed calender could be a lot of fun. I'm no artist, but I'd certainly love to have a calender like this.
Wouldnt having all this stuff would make the calender cost more than the average custom made ones? I would still buy it regardless. Ill beg my dad to get it.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

so are we going to do it or what?
THE GAME

My Armory
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akugarou »

*Ahem*
Akugarou wrote:At this time, I just want to know the level of interest in this project. So if you are an artist who wishes to contribute, please say so in this thread. In a week or so, we'll see how it is going, and proceed from there.
You are certainly welcome to start on artwork for the calendar, or look for a piece of your finished art to contribute, if you wish. Please remember, every aspect of this project is voluntary, and I don't want to rush things.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Akugarou wrote:*Ahem*
Akugarou wrote:At this time, I just want to know the level of interest in this project. So if you are an artist who wishes to contribute, please say so in this thread. In a week or so, we'll see how it is going, and proceed from there.
You are certainly welcome to start on artwork for the calendar, or look for a piece of your finished art to contribute, if you wish. Please remember, every aspect of this project is voluntary, and I don't want to rush things.
Heh...its taking a while just for the group picture. It'll be well into 2006 before all 12 pictures are done for the 2006 calendar.

Just letting you know. :wink:
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

hmmm, true
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Well...I'm already done with my pictures for the Group Picture, I just can't post them yet :( , but I can still work on the Calander thingy right now :D

Ummmmm.....should we make another post for the certain months to be given to people? Because I know I'd love October, but I really don't care which I am given, I just want to help :D
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Heh...its taking a while just for the group picture. It'll be well into 2006 before all 12 pictures are done for the 2006 calendar.

Well then maybe it could be the 2007 werewolf calendar. :grinwiggle:
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:Heh...its taking a while just for the group picture. It'll be well into 2006 before all 12 pictures are done for the 2006 calendar.

Well then maybe it could be the 2007 werewolf calendar. :grinwiggle:

Now why didn't I think of that. Well, you better start cracking!! :D
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Now why didn't I think of that.
Distracted by your cable modem.
Well, you better start cracking!! :D
Okay! *hit's Fig's computer with a mallet, cracking it in half*
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:Now why didn't I think of that.
Distracted by your cable modem.
Well, you better start cracking!! :D
Okay! *hit's Fig's computer with a mallet, cracking it in half*

See what you did? You derailed this topic.

*hears a train wreak*