The USFWS HAS GONE TO FAR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The place for anything at all...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

My point was that people are just plain lazy. If they really did care about their livestock then they would take steps to protect them. I'm reminded of Wolf's Rain for some reason, of Quent, who was so determined to kill all the wolves even though in reality they did nothing bad to him at all. It's the same thing here.

By the way, it does no good to complain about us "not doing anything". Especially when you're not living with us to know if we have or not.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Reilune; I understand there are alot of poeple moving to pritect they're cattle, yet there are still alot who arn't, and for some stupid reason won't.
gess I HATE THE GOVERMENT! they don't know the hell what they are doing!
We live in a democracy, and government wants to work to please everybody. Theres people out there wanting to be able to shoot wolves incase they attack their livestock (though I know there are people who may not have responsibility for their permits and go out to get rid of all of them in the area.), the goverment is agreeing with their wants. I find some things (wel, maybe a lot.) in the government stupid, but really, may you just don't know what they're doing.

Sabre; Asking if that was true and for information was surely a good thing to do, that suck of what their response.
:(
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

If I was a livestock owner in an area where wolves lived, I'd shoot them with a high-powered paintball gun if they approached my cattle.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Excelsia wrote:If I was a livestock owner in an area where wolves lived, I'd shoot them with a high-powered paintball gun if they approached my cattle.

Mmmm Hmmm...and watch your aim because you can severely injure them if your not carefull. Ever had a paintball in your eye?
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Figarou wrote:
Excelsia wrote:If I was a livestock owner in an area where wolves lived, I'd shoot them with a high-powered paintball gun if they approached my cattle.

Mmmm Hmmm...and watch your aim because you can severely injure them if your not carefull. Ever had a paintball in your eye?

No, but I'd try to avoid the eyes and face.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Why not try something more humane....meh....anything most humans do they consider it humane if it fits their needs :P What I mean is think about your actions and if you feel threated by a wolf use some other means and there are other things to use that wouldn't harm anyone in the end....
Last edited by Teh_DarkJokerWolf on Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I don't think a paintball would hurt them too much.

Nonetheless, it hardly matters since the area where I live doesn't have wolves. I'm not sure if we ever had them. I don't really know much about my wolf history.
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

Lupin wrote:
OutwardDoodles wrote: Acutally no, people should be able to have livestock and pets run around without the fear that something may attack them.

That's really unrealistic. If you're going to let something roam around in an area like this, you should also expect it to be predated. Nature has been working this way since time began. We shouldn't exepect it to change just because we want it to.
I agree. My mom’s cat lives outside (she hates other cats) and if someone hit her, well, that’s only expected. If I lived out in Castle Valley where there’s a lot of coyotes, I’d expect one of them to get a free-roaming cat. Why? Because that’s how nature works. It’s tough, it sucks, but that’s just how it is.
Shadow Wulf wrote: well they have to change, people need to suffer cause everyone in this nation is way to spoiled.
Agreed! :howl:  :oo
OutwardDoodles wrote: I've already mentioned this several times in this thread. We can't expect others to smarten up and protect their livestock, it is as simple as putting up a nice fence. Just cheap barbed wire could do, if a wolf attacks it'll get stuck in the fence, though that stil sucks, its better than giving people permits. If others won't be smart, we'll be the smart ones and state that people need to put up a fence and maybe get a dog. Others arn't going to do the things we want.
Why? If they actually cared about their cattle, they’d do something about it. It’s called being responsible. I’m with you that we need to inform (or remind or whatever) people how to take action against cattle killings without killing wolves, but in the end, it’s up to them to use that information we’ve given them. I’m not going to put up a fence for them when it’s their own fault their range cow got attacked. I’ll give them info, if they ask for my help, that’s cool too, but I’m not going to put up fences everywhere for them when they ought to do it themselves. I’d help if they asked me to, but I wouldn’t do it all for them. They got to take action too, not just us.
Excelsia wrote: To serious wolf lovers:

The number is 54 or 53, right? Are you of the opinion that this amount will seriously endanger the wolves? (After all, aren't there about 3,700 left?)
I'm not saying I'm in favor of killing them, I just wanna know your thoughts.
3, 700 isn’t that much when you consider that there were 400, 000 of them. In two years, about one hundred of them will be gone thanks to the permits and illegal killings. It’ll take awhile, but it’ll happen. They’re endangered and permits are being handed out, making them even more endangered. 3, 700 may sound like a lot, but it really isn’t. I think it will endanger the wolves, maybe not in the short term, but in the mid-run (I don’t think it will be a long term process), yes. The permits may even encourage others to poach wolves. That’s the whole problem with legalizing the ivory sales in Africa- it could potentially encourage poachers to kill off the elephants, which are endangered.
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

I think the people of USFWS aren't listening to your sig, Black Shuck.

I wonder if they'll be issuing USFWS permits anytime soon.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

:lol: Crack's bad! 23Jarder- alert me if you find any USFWS permits :wink: hehe If all else fails, we can just invade and do as your sig advises hwlwnk
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

lol! Now THAT would a good campain!
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Rwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: 1,2... 10 pointy black claws.

Post by Rwolf »

I think I missed somthing here, cause all I see in the link is a Tiger Mauling a Girl.... : :o
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Rwolf wrote:I think I missed somthing here, cause all I see in the link is a Tiger Mauling a Girl.... : :o
I guessed they moved it to the archives.