Black and White 2

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Black and White 2

Post by Darth Canis »

:cafinated: Being a god was fun in Black and White now we have a wolf that is available to us very nice very nice. if you haven't ever heard of this game or think i am completely insane go here and check it out.

http://www.blackandwhite2.ea.com/

But seriously do any of you out there have the game yet i don't yet have the cash but soon hopefully i will be a goddess yay.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

The original Black and White was awesome! I liked the old wolf, but I think I like this new one better, though he's a little skinny. I'm sure that's easily fixed, however. I have the money to buy this game, and I'd love too, but I won't. I know that if I do, I'll get nothing accomplished.
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

i have it and it's awsome! i was going to choose the monkey but then i saw the wolf! i love to watch him tear into an enemy platoon :lol: he's good at that!
i also noticed that he's very intellegent too! he often helps my villigers construct buildings, mine ore, harvest grain, and gather lumber. but best of all: he can cast fireball! :evil:
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I hated the first Black & White. The first 2 levels were good, but then... everything seems to suck. And there's that anoying creature (and you can only chose from a cow, a leopard, and a monkey :roll: ) that keeps running around. Jezus Christ, I can't even collect some wood, without having to worry that my creature runs to the other side of the island. AAAAARGH...

Black & White 2 doesn't run on my computer anyway.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I got the big cat initially, but then waited and got the wolf on the third island. It was a pretty cool wolf, except for the fact that it turned purple. Also, his tail was kinda strange.

I had my creature trained well enough to know to do my bidding without me always making him. I could easily trust my creature alone. Sometimes I would just make him wear the leash of kindness and attach him to the village center, and then I could go do something else while he cast lovely miracles for my people, generating more belief in me and thus more prayer power.
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Morkulv wrote:I hated the first Black & White. The first 2 levels were good, but then... everything seems to suck. And there's that anoying creature (and you can only chose from a cow, a leopard, and a monkey :roll: ) that keeps running around. Jezus Christ, I can't even collect some wood, without having to worry that my creature runs to the other side of the island. AAAAARGH...
yes i've noticed this problem in alot of sim-ish games where you have to keep an eye on every little thing. which makes me wonder about Spore, a game where you'll have to manage entire planets! i just hope the creatures can take care of themselves for as long as i'm off conquering the galaxy.
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

B&W 2 is aweosme. I was gojng to gwet the lion, but then decided to eg tteh wolfie, yay! it's alot more fuin than B&W2, as your creature learns alot faster and is alot smarter.
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Uhh... It was ok. I've been waiting for the game for 4 years.... I'm very dissapointed. Oh well, my consolation prize is AOE 3.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

You know you can get the first black and white and 3 other EA games for $20 at walmart. Also can anyone show me a pic of the wolf in the first one.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

Bah... I hate Walmart!
The wolf wasn't too impressive either.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Morkulv wrote:I hated the first Black & White. The first 2 levels were good, but then... everything seems to suck. And there's that anoying creature (and you can only chose from a cow, a leopard, and a monkey :roll: ) that keeps running around. Jezus Christ, I can't even collect some wood, without having to worry that my creature runs to the other side of the island. AAAAARGH...

Black & White 2 doesn't run on my computer anyway.
*nods* That was my first problem with the game too. The first two levels are practically tutorials, then they throw you into the heavy-duty gameplay. What's best to do is linger between the first level and partial skirmishes (partial meaning you don't have to complete them) to dedicate predominantly to training your creature (NOTE: your creature are transferred to all saved/loaded games, so if you progress to Lv. 3 and find it too difficult, you can load your Lv. 1 saved game and train further). Your first village will have 9000 belief -- the only way you can lose on that level is if you really want to, so apart from the Silver scrolls, you can set being a god aside and work entirely on being a parent to your creature. Then by the time he reaches his teen years, he should have a perfect understanding of how to be nice to your villages and impress others (when I started Lv. 2, he left the temple, went straight to the third town and got the full 500 belief for me).

It's definitely a game of persistance and endurance, but it can be beaten (trust me, I've seen Nemesis's temple explode for myself).

Oh yeah, and can you guess what creature mine was? I only replaced him temporarily with the horse while I was teaching him some of the more advanced miracles (namely Miracle Flock). After that, I kept him straight up until the end. I'm unfortunately on a fairly strict budget at the moment, so I'll most likely be waiting until my the Platinum edition comes out.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:lol: Yeah i had the tiger last time then the wolf in creature isle and it kind of sucked cuz i was good my tiger turned pink and got incredibly fat and my wolf ended up looking more like a koala then a wolf this time i am going to try for the evil good god if i can do whatever i am feeling like that given day not sure yet.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

Well you can only build a limited amount of structures as there are no resource miracles and building take ore... there is only a finite supply. I love building skyscrapers though.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

In the original black and white, it was possible to edit the skin of your creature. You could make your wolf look like a dragon or elephant, if you wanted to. Or, you could just replace the jolly purple skin with the neutral or evil skin, since that looks a lot more noble. Actually, I once saw a really cool arctic fox design of the wolf skin. Very nice.

I wonder if it will be possible to do this with B&W 2?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

well Im already interested in getting black and white, but there so many games I want to buy so I have to make up my mind. :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

Get Quake 4, it's much better.
Prowler
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Arctic interests

Post by Prowler »

LMAO not MORE Quake. Q1 (Pc) was ok, Q2 (Pc/N64) was quality, Q3 sucked heavily (on Ps2).

I can't play B&W, i'm absolutly rubbish at it lol. SPORE looks a good one to watch out for.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

The only problem I have with B&W2 is that, from the pictures on the website, the wolf's muzzle looks a little short. He looks like a polar bear....
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Akela wrote:Get Quake 4, it's much better.
Nah, Half Life 2 Rules!! :D
Image Image
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

*cheers for quake*
Not that I've played it. I just hate valve and love id :)

Up with GPL'd games! Down with engines rigged to perform better on ATi cards!
Sanity is relative.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ralith Lupus wrote:*cheers for quake*

Half Life 2 is actually a thinkers shooter game, not some game to see how fast can you click the mouse.
Image Image
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Shadow Wulf wrote:

Half Life 2 is actually a thinkers shooter game, not some game to see how fast can you click the mouse.
Half-life is a good game and all. but seriously, what's wrong with mindless shooters? a game could have all the defects in the world but as long as it's somehow fun i personaly would get it...
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Shadow Wulf wrote:

What makes you say that? I've played it through twice, and there's not a single intellectual element. It's just run-shoot-hide-find_ammo-flip_obvious_switch-run_around_in_circles_for_two_hours_looking_for_exit-shoot-run
Sanity is relative.
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

No Quake 4 is good, but I'm a steadfast Half-Life fan and a vehement Halo-Hater.

I prefer strategy games more, they are more intellectual and I get to watch mass killing :wink: