Brothers Grimm Werewolf

The place for anything at all...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lazywolf wrote:Well, movie popcorn aside for the moment, the bros. grimm werewolf doesn't look too bad from the pictures. Not what I would picture one as looking like-the eyes are too human, for one-but oh well.

By the way, how was the movie over all? I want to see it now that I know a werewolf is in it...

...and now, let the popcorn stuff resume! lck
How was the movie? If I waiting for the DVD, I would rent it, not buy it.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Heh heh. Matinee tickets where I am are $2, evening tickets are $4. And their popcorn is good.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

The Movie Overall: I enjoyed it. Went to see it twice, wouldn't mind going again. But it has all my demographics in it: horses, wolves and Pagans-as-protagonists :D Trust The Toad!!

The Wolf: I rather thought he looked hyaena-ish, especially the stance. I think that was intentional, though, because Gilliam mentioned it in an interview. The scene where he shifts and retains the wolf legs for a bit didn't look quite right, he was a little unsteady. And since we've already dropped a bunch of spoilers already, why not one more...

What I didn't understand is, the wolf could fly but the man couldn't — why couldn't he have shifted into wolf form and flown up into the tower? Why did he have to depend on the crows to grab him and take him up to Queen Rapunzel?

I thought the "Wolf with human eyes" look was good. That was used in "Wolf" and "Princess Mononoke" and it's a nice subtle way of implying that this is not a natural wolf.
ImageImageImageImage
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

vrikasatma wrote:What I didn't understand is, the wolf could fly but the man couldn't — why couldn't he have shifted into wolf form and flown up into the tower? Why did he have to depend on the crows to grab him and take him up to Queen Rapunzel?
Did they ever show the wolf flying? I though that was just the villager's overactive imaginations.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

They showed him flying when he first encountered Angelika. He flew around the trees and landed on one leaning tree, looked back and sailed off. Too effortless and too far to just be jumping and rebounding.
ImageImageImageImage
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

When finally the werewolf appeared my friend leaned over to me and said "Theres your werewolf!", inwhich I sat, smiled, and say. "Yeah, but it looked sorta cheesy." After that my friend looked at me with a 'your so ungrateful' look and snagged my popcorn.

I thought the wolf was pretty nice, but walking on two legs was really weird looking, and the thing looked like it could fly! Yet a villager said that it flew too, so maybe it was sapposed to be that way.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

I was just about to go see the movie yesterday, but ended up paintballing instead. Mabey I'll get another chance, I still want to see the wolf...
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ill wait on DVD, like Figarou always does. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Wow, there's a total reversal. Fig sees it in the theater, and Shadow Wulf waits for the DVD.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:Wow, there's a total reversal. Fig sees it in the theater, and Shadow Wulf waits for the DVD.
The reason why I saw it in the theater is because I wanted to check out the werewolf. After seeing the film, I should've waited for the DVD instead. :P
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Figarou wrote:
Lupin wrote:Wow, there's a total reversal. Fig sees it in the theater, and Shadow Wulf waits for the DVD.
The reason why I saw it in the theater is because I wanted to check out the werewolf. After seeing the film, I should've waited for the DVD instead. :P
:jawdrop: Was it that bad because I never did get to see it :o
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SabreWereWolfQueen_84 wrote:
Figarou wrote:
:jawdrop: Was it that bad because I never did get to see it :o

It was ok. Its not the best or worst. Its a "inbetweener."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

thats what it read in rotten tomatoe.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Yeah, like I said before, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either. A lot better than Cursed.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

lol I have cursed aswell as 3 other movies(including stealth which is still in theater) all in one dvd. :D
Image Image
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

Figarou wrote: It was ok. Its not the best or worst. Its a "inbetweener."

My sentiments exactly! It's not going to be winning any academy awards any time soon, but it is passable fare. It's the kind of movie you go see when you have some time to kill.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

It's good if you're a Gilliam fan, like me. If you follow Gilliam and know his body of work well and like his storytelling style, this is a good flick. I didn't feel let down or cheated.
ImageImageImageImage
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fredriksam »

guess what. The movie is already on DC++ feel to everybody to download. Hope that wont happen with Freeborn. A friend i know never go at the cinema. He just download them and burn on dvd-r. How very boring.

Whats your opinion about DC++? Is it ok to download "older" stuff or not anything?.
Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Lupin wrote:
vrikasatma wrote:What I didn't understand is, the wolf could fly but the man couldn't — why couldn't he have shifted into wolf form and flown up into the tower? Why did he have to depend on the crows to grab him and take him up to Queen Rapunzel?
Did they ever show the wolf flying? I though that was just the villager's overactive imaginations.
From what I saw, I would describe it as supernaturally-enhanced bounding rather than actually flying. He bounced from tree to tree like a ball in a pinball machine, not like a bird flies. From what I saw, I didn't imagine that he would be capable of hovering or flying in a normal way any higher than the tree tops. To sum: he certainly did things a real wolf couldn't do, but it was more like crazy-stupid jumping than actual flying.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Didn't know about DC++. I wouldn't download anything new, that's cheating. I'd get an older movie, though, like maybe 10+ years old.

This of course dependent on how fast/sexy my computer setup is. I can't burn CD/DVDs, unfortunately, and I'm on dialup. Semi-outdated equipment, probably take altogether too long and wouldn't be worth it.

:welcome:
ImageImageImageImage