hair

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:One of the goals of our werewolf is that its wolf form look wolf-like. Having a big mane of hair kind of kills that.

I just have my werewolves grow their hair fairly fast. It depends on how quickly or slowly they shift back. To a new werewolf, explaining why he or she had a poorly done haircut one day and then having it long again the next is part of it. To a seasoned shifter, it's easier to control, but it will still kill hair styles. Shifting also plays havoc on other cosmetics, particularly manicures.

Oh, and, ever notice how some people refer to the Gestalt form as a "werewolf," as though one "turns into a werewolf" when shifting? Generally, if you turn, you do it once, after you're bitten. After that, shift all you want, you're still a werewolf in ANY form. This moment of obsessive-compulsiveness brought to you by The Container Store.

Yes, another werewolf can spot that. *sniff* *sniff* I smell a werewolf nearby. But a regular human who is not a werewolf, can't. (when the werewolf is in human form.)
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:*sniff* *sniff* I smell a werewolf nearby.
Oh sorry, I forgot to shower yesterday. :jester2:
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Vilkacis wrote:Realistically, I can't say for sure, but I imagine the hair would grow back to a certain, constant length after every shift.

Cinematically, I would expect the hair to grow back to the state it was before the shift.

Ideally, I would prefer the werewolf to have a certain amount of control over the shift, so they could grow it to just about any reasonable length, given enough practice at it.

-- Vilkacis
This is basically my view, too. It is one of those details that is hard to imagine as a biological process. Wolves have a particular fur length, but on humans, who can tell what would happen?
It would be funny to see a werewolf with randomly changing hair lengths in human form, because it went a bit shorter or longer after each shift.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

"hey I thought you cut your hair yesterday. Why is it so long?"

"umm, we'll...LEAVE NO WITNESSES!"

lol
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
KnownToBite
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Beta Female of The C-Oney Wolf Pack

Post by KnownToBite »

... you'd be a bald wolf... just like your piercings and tattoos show up when you shift, they dont dissapear. though a tattoo might be a bit harder to see much like a brand on a horse in winter, the whitish hair is still there but you can make out that its a brand, more of a marking. If you shaved you head.. you'd most likely have shorter hair on your head in wolf form but you would have.. some hair.. kind of like when you cut your dogs hair short.
Jasmine Isis
Beta Female to The Real Life C-Oney Wolf Pack
Mate to Syn Kardis
Mother to 2 beautiful kids - Damien Marcus and Scarlette Eden
Mother to 2 beautiful wolves - Isis(f mexican red) and Osiris(m timberwolf)
Mother to a beautiful red fox kit - Pyro