Forcing a Transformation

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

We've built the only all-digital wireless hunting range

Post by Scott Gardener »

Nazi noise machines:

The feraliminal lycanthropizer is an actual product of German research during the WWII era; it's a device that emits a loud hum intermixed with a chirping sound, which has a subliminal effect to those hearing it. After about fifteen minutes, the listener starts to feel giddy and loses senses of inhibition.

I've pictured this thing, or the sound it made, as something that could set off a shift.

Howling III used flashing lights. Try playing the Pokemon video game with paws!

On mobile phones:

Do you fear me now? Good!
:lol:
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Yes, those things always drove me bananas. Actually they can't be worse than fluorescent lights and I know darn good and well that the fire alarms at our facility would make every Werewolf within 50 miles shift and go berserk
Ronkonkoma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Going with the moon

Post by Ronkonkoma »

hmmmm, what do you think would happen if you gave a werewolf a moonrock? that definately be interesting....

I know it was mentioned in another post someplace that Wolfbane (while a poison to werewolves) is sometimes thought to be used in spells to change a person into a werewolf. I think possibly a certain amount of wolfbane in water(not enough to kill them) that if you got a werewolf to drink or get in their eyes, it could force them to change or keep them in a shifted state for an extended period of time

shhowl
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Ronkonkoma:
hmmmm, what do you think would happen if you gave a werewolf a moonrock? that definately be interesting....
He could sell it on eBay?

I just had this image of Richard Pryor (may he rest in peace) handing a werewolf a synthetic moonrock, and then the lead villain calling him to find out why nothing happened except a little mood swing. (You'd have to see Superman III to get it.)
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Ronkonkoma wrote:hmmmm, what do you think would happen if you gave a werewolf a moonrock? that definately be interesting....
I doubt that it would do much, otherwise werewolves would change every night, and not just on the full moon. What would be more interesting is how you got a moon rock. IIRC, most of the pieces are locked up at NASA.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Ronkonkoma wrote:hmmmm, what do you think would happen if you gave a werewolf a moonrock? that definately be interesting....
I doubt that it would do much, otherwise werewolves would change every night, and not just on the full moon. What would be more interesting is how you got a moon rock. IIRC, most of the pieces are locked up at NASA.

Wait a second. What really causes the werewolf to shift during the full moon? The light coming from it? Force of gravity from the moon position? Or the moon itself?

someone care to explain? :?
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Wait a second. What really causes the werewolf to shift during the full moon? The light coming from it? Force of gravity from the moon position? Or the moon itself?

It would be A) since all the other things remain the same during all of the other phases of the lunar cycle.
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

The light wouldn't make sense; it's the same light as any other phase, just a bit more of it.

My personal ideal of a werewolf isn't effected by the moon, past potential psychological things (if a newbie werewolf truly believed that a full moon would cause a shift, then it would. Once someone convinced him/her otherwise, though, the effect would be nullified).
Sanity is relative.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:Wait a second. What really causes the werewolf to shift during the full moon? The light coming from it? Force of gravity from the moon position? Or the moon itself?

It would be A) since all the other things remain the same during all of the other phases of the lunar cycle.

Ok...the light coming from it. Sooooo....with that moonrock, just have some light reflect off of it. :D

Heh...I can see someone from NASA with a moonrock and a very powerfull flashlight forcing a werewolf to shift. :o
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Ralith wrote:The light wouldn't make sense; it's the same light as any other phase, just a bit more of it.

My personal ideal of a werewolf isn't effected by the moon, past potential psychological things (if a newbie werewolf truly believed that a full moon would cause a shift, then it would. Once someone convinced him/her otherwise, though, the effect would be nullified).
It would be the amount and kind of light.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Ralith wrote:The light wouldn't make sense; it's the same light as any other phase, just a bit more of it.

It would be the amount and kind of light.
Kind of light? The source is from the sun. Its the same "light" even when its a half moon.

Amount I understand. But not the "Kind of light."

Care to explain?
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

If it was amount, then we'd have problems like the overused cloudy full-moon night not inducing shifts.
Sanity is relative.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Ralith wrote:If it was amount, then we'd have problems like the overused cloudy full-moon night not inducing shifts.

Yup...its overused alright.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Kind of light? The source is from the sun. Its the same "light" even when its a half moon.

Amount I understand. But not the "Kind of light."

Care to explain?

I'm aware of that. However the fact it's reflected light does change things. Like the color temperature.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Ralith wrote:If it was amount, then we'd have problems like the overused cloudy full-moon night not inducing shifts.
I don't really mind that. Having them change whenver it gets covered/uncovered is annoying though.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Having them change whenver it gets covered/uncovered is annoying though.
extremely annoying. :P
bloodwolf_345
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Polywere Supreme

Post by bloodwolf_345 »

Personally, I am a firm believer that a werewolf should be able to force a shift any time, day or night, full moon or not. If he or she were to focus on his/her wolfen side, it would be enough to bring on a transformation. There do not have to be extenuating circumstances. Although hieghtened rage, joy, lust, excitement, ect. would act as a catylist, they do not have to be present. Some might think it dangerous for a werewolf to be able to do this, but if thought about logically, it means that the person is in control of the inner wolf at all times and is not a danger to human kind. Think not with the mind of a human, but with the mind of a werewolf or any sort of otherkin that you may be or that you may like.
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

Figarou wrote:extremely annoying. :P
Exactly.
bloodwolf, THAT IS [edit: was] NOT A VALID AVATAR. *growl, snarl, leap, rip, tear*

Besides, we're talking about /forced/, not voluntary.
Sanity is relative.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

I figure, the moonlight only forces the change and doesn't sustain it. So after they're shifted, if the moon is obscured then they'd remain shifted, and they wouldn't revert.
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

I still can't really imagine how the body would recognize full moon light, or even if it could, tell it apart from the light of say, a half moon on a clear night.
Sanity is relative.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

That's where the magic comes in. I really don't think that not-magical lycanthropes would shift with the full moon, unlessthey though they had to.
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

*nods* Exactly my thoughts.
Sanity is relative.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:That's where the magic comes in. I really don't think that not-magical lycanthropes would shift with the full moon, unlessthey though they had to.

Ok...magic and the so called "virus." To different things, yes?

If the werewolf is affected by magic, then there is no virus, correct?

:?

"Help me Obi-one Kenobi, you're my only hope."
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Ok...magic and the so called "virus." To different things, yes?

If the werewolf is affected by magic, then there is no virus, correct?
Yeah, that's how I see it.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Moon light alone definitely should not be the trigger, otherwise you get the Van Helsing trick of being able to step indoors and avoid moonlight to revert.