When not a Wolf

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:This is getting weird, and honestly all this talk of werewolf metabolism seems to be doing is explaining why all the she-wolves look like supermodels.

"I lost 245 lbs in one one night! Thanks lycanthropy!" hwlwnk

Of course this is getting weird. :lol:

We're having so much fun discussing it!! :lol:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Shadowblaze wrote::lol: I'm just saying it carries over. Being a fat wolf isn't eaxtly survival tactics...
I think that's what I was getting at earlier. A werewolf could be fat, but factoring in how dangerous being a werewolf would be, most werewolves would need to get in shape lest an unfortunate event remove them from the gene pool.
RedWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Fat Shapeshifters

Post by RedWolf »

I only know of one book featuring an obese shapeshifter. In Andrew Fox's 2003 novel, "Fat White Vampire Blues," a Louisiana vampire weighs over 450 pounds in his human form. When he turns into a bat or a wolf, he can barely move.

Eventually, he overcomes this problem by shapeshifting into multiple wolves. In Fox's mythos, vampires are able to split their mass when shapeshifting, dividing into multiple beasts. I recall seeing something similar in "Bram Stoker's Dracula," a film in which Dracula splits himself into a swarm of rats.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

"Breathe Deeply" had a bulky Werewolf in it (I assumed that he was fat like a tackle or a hefty construction worker by the way he was described. I think it was the one who carried his arm that had been ripped off in a fight and used it as a club.)
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Oh, yeah. And Buster Wilde's human alter ego has a considerable beer belly.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

WolfVanZandt wrote:"Breathe Deeply" had a bulky Werewolf in it (I assumed that he was fat like a tackle or a hefty construction worker by the way he was described. I think it was the one who carried his arm that had been ripped off in a fight and used it as a club.)
Got his stats right here. His name is Roshen One-arm.

Roshen is a scraggly guy of about 20 years. He is 5'2'' and weighs 120 pounds. He has a nutty smile and likes to walk waving his severed arm. His wolf form is lean and dirty gray.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Terastas wrote:This is getting weird, and honestly all this talk of werewolf metabolism seems to be doing is explaining why all the she-wolves look like supermodels.

"I lost 245 lbs in one one night! Thanks lycanthropy!" hwlwnk
That is a bit more extreme than I was imagining. When I thought about "putting on a little extra weight" I thought more like 10-50 lbs...not 200.
...likewise in the weightloss after a shift. Two shifts (into Wolf form and then back to Human form), = 30 lbs. of burned off energy.

...it's only just "getting" weird? Any discussion about the bilological traits and functions of an imaginary creature is weird to begin with.
Figarou wrote:Of course this is getting weird.

We're having so much fun discussing it!!
Yes...oh so much fun. :lol:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

Don't go tossing around terms like " imaginary " .....it may offend someone.... :wink: :lol:

I think werewolves would fit under cryptozoology anyway...

I'll have to read over Breathe Deeply again to see who it is, it must be a minor character since I've read it twice now. Carlson Ruah looks a bit overweight on his card, but it doesn't say how much he weighs.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:Don't go tossing around terms like " imaginary " .....it may offend someone....
I did not mean to use the word in a way that would offend anyone. I oppologise if I did. However, it seems silly to me to suggest that I should refrain from admitting that the physical interpretation/maninfestation of an idea that we are inventing does not actually exist.

Even if we choose to believe that a real-life entity could, or does exist somewhere that could be identified as a "Real Werewolf", I think we could all safely agree that this creature,(exactly as we are describing it now), does not truely exist in this form.

...although it would be awsome if it did. hwlwnk
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

Vuldari wrote:
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:Don't go tossing around terms like " imaginary " .....it may offend someone....
I did not mean to use the word in a way that would offend anyone. I oppologise if I did. However, it seems silly to me to suggest that I should refrain from admitting that the physical interpretation/maninfestation of an idea that we are inventing does not actually exist.

Even if we choose to believe that a real-life entity could, or does exist somewhere that could be identified as a "Real Werewolf", I think we could all safely agree that this creature,(exactly as we are describing it now), does not truely exist in this form.

...although it would be awsome if it did. hwlwnk
I was just kidding.... :wink:

But y'know in case any werewolves are out there checking out this board.... :)

I keep thinking of that series of Geico commercials where they offend the cavemen..... :lol:

And it would be awesome if they did exist like this.... :shift:
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:
But y'know in case any werewolves are out there checking out this board.... :)

Gee, if that was the case, they would be correcting allot of stuff in here.

Some might even want a part in the film. Think of all the money that could be saved by not using costumes and CGI. :wink:
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

Werewolf: "Hey guys! Check this out. These people on this crazy forum think we have tails."
Werewolf2: "Well they also seem to be talking about waterfowl so that's hardly surprising."
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

8) I never said they had tails... *realised I did* oh, well. :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

CrewWolf wrote:Werewolf: "Hey guys! Check this out. These people on this crazy forum think we have tails."
Werewolf2: "Well they also seem to be talking about waterfowl so that's hardly surprising."
Well, there you have it. Off with the tails. :duckie
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Get away from my tail.....

Anyway, Figarou, I guess your right about Carlton, but I coulda swore there was a big guy in there somewhere, I'll dig it out and check.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

WolfVanZandt wrote:Get away from my tail.....

Anyway, Figarou, I guess your right about Carlton, but I coulda swore there was a big guy in there somewhere, I'll dig it out and check.

I read that book myself. Isn't it the one about a Glass Walker finding a cure from a bane flower? I think he had to spray himself with a cologne that was made from that same flower. I read that book years ago.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Aye, that's it, and "years ago" is why I'm having trouble remembering it accurately.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

I fail to see the BAD side to such a thing... :femshft lck
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

ChaosWolf wrote:
Do you know how awful it would be to put a werewolf on PMS?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:
ChaosWolf wrote:
Do you know how awful it would be to put a werewolf on PMS?

A werewolf on PMS? Whoa!! :hsup
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

You mean dealing with that time of the month and THAT time of the month? Scary indeed.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

ChaosWolf wrote:You mean dealing with that time of the month and THAT time of the month? Scary indeed.
I'm not just talking about having this time of the month with that time of the month, I mean having both times of the month at the same time!
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

All I was saying that during a shift the person affected would lose some weight, not all of it... Like if a person was just a little fat they would lose it during a shift because of the energy required to perform the shift.... I do agree that a severly overweight person would retain a lot of the weight but not all of it and become a perfectly fit person... although overtime they would lose the weight depending on how many times they shift....
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

Okay?... something weird just happened with the server I'm on, sorry about that last post it wasn't supposed to be here..... again sorry about that... :(
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ChaosWolf wrote:You mean dealing with that time of the month and THAT time of the month? Scary indeed.
It'll be even worse if they both fall on the same day.