religious implications

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Wolveblade
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Wolveblade »

Yes :o my purple moon pic works now :lovebone:
let no sacred place in your territory be violated
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm a Pagan myself, so I'm going to stay out of this one. Suffice it to say, it's only an issue if you believe in that cosmology in the first place.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

same here depends on which religion you belive in. Yeah and if you are a werewolf don't go blurtin it out. Or Mulder and Scully will come looking for you. WOOO! Mulder and Scully! :shift: :femshft or Mr.Smith... 8) .... Hello Mr. Wolveblade...
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Well, IMO, it doesn't just depend on what religion you are. Every religion isn't right. One of them is (or possibly several similar ones), and the rest are wrong. Also, it's possible that none of them are right and they're all wrong. So, I think werewolves would be subject to the God of whatever the correct religion is. If there is no correct religion, and the world somehow created itself, then there's no problem at all.

I'm pretty confident that Buddha, God, Allah (kind similar to God, but whatever), Zeus, and Ra aren't all sharing an apartment in the afterlife, dividing up their various constituents and subjecting them all to their own will. There is one deity (or one set of deities, like the Egyptians) that is correct, IMO, and we are all subject to the will of this individual or group.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Excelsia wrote:Well, IMO, it doesn't just depend on what religion you are. Every religion isn't right. One of them is (or possibly several similar ones), and the rest are wrong. Also, it's possible that none of them are right and they're all wrong. So, I think werewolves would be subject to the God of whatever the correct religion is. If there is no correct religion, and the world somehow created itself, then there's no problem at all.

I'm pretty confident that Buddha, God, Allah (kind similar to God, but whatever), Zeus, and Ra aren't all sharing an apartment in the afterlife, dividing up their various constituents and subjecting them all to their own will. There is one deity (or one set of deities, like the Egyptians) that is correct, IMO, and we are all subject to the will of this individual or group.
Hindus believe that All are merely facets of One.
Sort of like a big Puppet Show of the Divine.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Tonight's winning Lotto is "YHWH"

Post by Scott Gardener »

A word of caution: the "one is right and everyone else is wrong" is a Fundamentalist notion, even if you don't think it's the Fundamentalists themselves who have it right. Logically, it seems like it makes sense, but practically, here's what I consider more likely.

If there is any one viewpoint that is right and all the others wrong, my bet would be the atheistic skeptics. Their model is generally pretty stable, though it starts getting contrived once you try to explain paranormal phenomena.

More likely, there's some truth out there that no one has entirely correct or entirely wrong. If there is a great divinity, it's highly improbable that there is any one religious group that has with perfect precision described it's entire cosmology and method of working.

The most likely explanation, and what I consider to be real, is that they're all at least partially wrong. Some are more wrong than others. The odds of someone figuring it out perfectly, given what it would entail, is about like my randomly guessing the winning lottery numbers of every state or national lottery on Earth from now until some five billion years from now, when the planet falls into the sun. Still, "it's five numbers, each between one and forty" is a lot better a guess than "it's a color, two sounds, and a type of fish."

:duckie :duckie :)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Re: Tonight's winning Lotto is "YHWH"

Post by Apokryltaros »

Scott Gardener wrote:A word of caution: the "one is right and everyone else is wrong" is a Fundamentalist notion, even if you don't think it's the Fundamentalists themselves who have it right. Logically, it seems like it makes sense, but practically, here's what I consider more likely.

If there is any one viewpoint that is right and all the others wrong, my bet would be the atheistic skeptics. Their model is generally pretty stable, though it starts getting contrived once you try to explain paranormal phenomena.

More likely, there's some truth out there that no one has entirely correct or entirely wrong. If there is a great divinity, it's highly improbable that there is any one religious group that has with perfect precision described it's entire cosmology and method of working.

The most likely explanation, and what I consider to be real, is that they're all at least partially wrong. Some are more wrong than others. The odds of someone figuring it out perfectly, given what it would entail, is about like my randomly guessing the winning lottery numbers of every state or national lottery on Earth from now until some five billion years from now, when the planet falls into the sun. Still, "it's five numbers, each between one and forty" is a lot better a guess than "it's a color, two sounds, and a type of fish."

:duckie :duckie :)
There goes my theory that we're all players in an intergalactic "Muppetshow."
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Moonstalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moonstalker »

In old crappy horror movies they say that if you kill human in werewolf form, you go in hell. I do believe in God but eternal suffering in hell is complete BS!
How do you think our God could be love himself if he lets that happen :?

Besides in werewolf form you can't control yourself and people die against your will so how ya can be "bad" enough to go in hell. I rather would be werewolf who can control himself so I can decide myself that what I eat, where I go and so on.
That I would like in the movie, human turns in werewolf but still have his own personality :)
In darkness I travel
In shadows I walk

Guided by the beast in me...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

*sigh* Well, I guess I should commemorate you for something Wolveblade. Most p-shifters would have started flaming by now.

Still, like the llama said, this is a forum for werewolf fans and theory, not for people pretending to be werewolves. In fact, when you think about it, p-shifting qualifies as a type of spam, therefore for the prevention of both spam and flame, this topic is closed.