Howling Comic Series

The place for anything at all...
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Howling Comic Series

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

For anyone who doesn't know there is going to be a Howling comic series and a few short Howling stories in an anthology by the same pub. they are also doing a classic monsters werewolf story in Dec.

http://www.comicmonsters.com/modules.ph ... ge&pid=643
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

I think "The Howling" comic is going to be awesome, it comes out in April (I have a promo litho for it). For more info, check out the Dead Dog Comics website at www.deaddogent.com
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

The release date was Feb. friday, now they seem to have changed . I ask if this was something that might also change again. They do have artwork on the site under the Howling topic, covers for 1 and 2 look awesome 3 could use some work though.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Be nice if someone did a remake of the 1st Howling movie. Update it with today's special FX. That'll be awesome!!
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

If it was handled like Dawn of the Dead then I'd def. go see it and buy it. The first DotD didn't even scare me...the remake gave me a couple nightmares....
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

Judging from my username alone, you can probably guess how excited I am about this "Howling" comic project. However, I hope they concentrate more on the first movie's plot and characters and ignore the poor sequels. Also, I'm a bit confused at the release date. Some places say Feb., some say April, I've seen one say as late as Halloween. I don't think I can wait that long. Also, I agree with the former post saying they should remake the first Howling with better special effects, as long as the effects aren't 100% digital like they do nowadays. I've always thought that when the evil female werewolf seduced Karen's husband in her log cabin, she should have TF'd and bit him right then and there. That would have been an awesome upgrade to that scene.
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

I had one reply to my release date question so far and it doesn't sound good, he advised me just to keep checking Previews mag. at my local comic shop to see when they are coming out. So I guess even April isn't concrete. :(
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Mafia? Not that I'm aware of...
Mood: Depressed

Post by What Mafia »

Thanks for the howls up, comrade! :lol:
It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Howling Fan wrote:I've always thought that when the evil female werewolf seduced Karen's husband in her log cabin, she should have TF'd and bit him right then and there. That would have been an awesome upgrade to that scene.
Didn't Marcia already bite Karen's husband already?
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

Yes, she did, but not in the cabin scene. She did it in her full wolf form at night in the woods. But before that, she was cooking a rabbit (or a deer or something) for Karen's husband in her log cabin home and trying to seduce him, but he pushed her away and walked out. I always thought she should have started changing right then and there and then bite him in that scene, not in the one after that. That's what I meant.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Where would the suspence be in that, then?
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

I can't be sure without watching it again, but she may not have wanted him to know she was a werewolf at the time. If she had transformed and bit him where he could have seen her, he would have known for certain what she was and perhaps tried to flee before the bite could take effect.
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

All right, honesty time: Forget the "suspense" and whatnot. I just wanted to see a full TF featuring Marsha. There. I said it. Is that so wrong??? (mock weeping ensues....)
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Not at all, she made a great werewolf.....I'm sure the director would have loved to use a full body transformation scene with her, but at the time it wasn't really feasable.
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

Well, thank the Moon it's 2005, and we've got "Devoured" to take the werewolf movie throne!
JoeDarkfall
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by JoeDarkfall »

Was it Marsha that bit him?

I always asumed that it was her brother that was waiting in ambush. Time to watch the DVD again.
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

I think it's generally understood that it was Marsha who bit him, since in the preceding scene, she tries seducing him in her log cabin, to no avail. Then they immediately cut to a scene at night with her waiting, in wolf form, in the woodsy shadows ready to strike. She must have known that he would more willingly acquiesce to her demands if he was also a wolf creature.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Yeah, I'd say it was Marsha. She wanted him from beginning. She was supposed in the Curse of the Blood Clan comic, but since it's not a Howling comic anymore I don't know. Perhaps she will be in the new Howling film trilogy.
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

Well, at the very end of the first "Howling," Marsha was the only werewolf to survive. If they do use her, they're gonna need another actress. Not only would she be too old for this role now (probably in her 50s), but she passed away a few years ago from (I believe) cancer. Hmmmm.....who would make a good Marsha for the new version? Eliza Dushku anyone? Just thought I'd throw that idea out there.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Rare...

Post by Scott Gardener »

Actually, no, Marsha wouldn't be too old, if the story is set in modern times instead of the early eighties. She'd be the right age. She did so well in the original part. I'm sure she looks twenty years older, but hey, Tina Turner is in her sixties.

Oops. One slight problem. I did a search on Google, and she died in 1997 from cancer. Now I'm depressed.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Yeah, that would be a problem, but only a slight one. They could find a look alike to replace her.
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Rare...

Post by Howling Fan »

Scott Gardener wrote:Oops. One slight problem. I did a search on Google, and she died in 1997 from cancer. Now I'm depressed.
Which is what I said in my last post. Also, she would be 25 years older. Sorry, but that's a tad too old for me.