Pack Sociology and Behavior

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Ralith Lupus wrote:I think we all agree that werewolves aren't nearly so prone to prejudice. Any actual advantage born werewolves might have over bitten werewolves would likely be erased after several years past being bitten, and I at least see werewolves as being a lot more accepting. The leadership would, as has been discussed elsewhere, likely be split; a strong, charismatic werewolf would likely "lead" the pack, while consulting and giving respect to "elders." The "leader" would be primarily for when decisions need be made quickly, with longer-term stuff handled by the "elders".
Exactly how I see it.

In my little 'fic-verse', the Leader is the one who makes the immediate descisions, while a group of the packs eldest are consulted for important matters.

When one of the elders dies, the Leader takes his place, choosing a new leader as he sees fit.

As for "rank", there is no 'official' ranks besides those of Elder and Leader, but, like any social group, were-packs have their various cliques and such.

As for born vs. bitten, in my 'verse, ther is little difference, though, for a bitten to officially join a pack, they have to pass a few tests to prove their worth and if they can be trusted.

Born 'wolves are usually a bit more skilled at dealing with and controlling their changes than bitten ones, but this is simply due to having it for so long, rather than it suddenly being thrust upon them with no previous experience.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Ultraken
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ultraken »

While "bitten" werewolves lack the lifetime of experience as a werewolf, "born" werewolves lack the lifetime of experience as a normal person. The two are somewhat complementary, and each is better at some things. There would be a "cultural divide" between the two, much like between rural and urban people, but not insurmountable.
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Or crossable.
Sanity is relative.