Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Ummm...yeah..

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

WTF is this?!? :blink:

http://www.3demonic.com/template%20demonwolf.htm

what do you all think of this WereWolf or whatever it is? :o
Last edited by Teh_DarkJokerWolf on Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Well, they have the demon part right. It just don't look lupine at all to me.
Last edited by Lupin on Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Ewwww! That's just retarded. -_-
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Demon wolf? Sorry...that doesn't look like a wolf or werewolf to me.

I really hate it when someone takes a creature like the chupacabra, or whatever that thing is in that link, and calls it a werewolf. :pissedoff:
Apharoh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enemy of The Gnomes

Post by Apharoh »

El chubaccabra ate my goat once
Apharoh:* finishes sweeping the floor* "Adolph its time for you to mop"
Adolph:"you did a terrible job of sweeping"
Apharoh:"So whats your point"
Adolph:"YOU CANT MOP A DIRTY FLOOR APHAROH!"
Apharoh:"Not with that attitude"
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

.............................Lame.......................
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Hamster wrote:.............................Lame.......................
To each his own I suppose... but I agree
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Well, the sculpting is good. The sculptor had good reference and better imagination. I kind of like the Gigeresque "turtle" on its chest.

Agree, though, it's probably not a werewolf. It's a quasi-lupine demon. Could be a decent enough Black Spiral Dancer, though.
ImageImageImageImage
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I don't perticularly like it...but I don't think I'm supposed to.

It looks postitively evil...and slightly vampirish...sort of a mischevious and scheming sort of evil person.

I really can't say I think this is bad. It looks quite well thought out and distinctive. Something doesn't seem right about the lower jaw, but otherwise, I think this guy looks exactly like the type of character the creator intends this thing to be. ...a hideous, evil thing that will give you nightmares.

It's one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. ...Good Job. ...exactly what it was supposed to look like.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Vuldari wrote: Something doesn't seem right about the lower jaw

It might be that HUGE underbite :o .

Otherwise, I think it's a cool mask. I'd wear it. But, as most of you have said, it's not really what I usually think of as a werewolf. It does have a canine nose, though. "Demon Wolf" doesn't really describe it either. More like "Demon Person with Canine Nose". But, that's much less catchy. Whatever.

Edit: In this picture (http://www.3demonic.com/demonwolf01.htm) he actually does kinda look like your typical hairless werewolf.
Last edited by Renorei on Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

eeeeeew! that should not exist!! I'm not justifying that by calling it a werewolf. I've seen some UUUUUUUUUUUUUGGLLLLLYYYY werewolves but that takes that cake!!!

Dose some one have a gun? i want to take it out back and put it out of its misery
Last edited by Anubis on Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

Kinda looks like the direction Hollywood is going with vampires.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I cannot begin to express in words my feelings on the matter. The Lycanthrope Global Freedom Federation will be filing a formal complaint to all the governments of the free world over this.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Thats one ugly fellah...
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Scott Gardener wrote:I cannot begin to express in words my feelings on the matter. The Lycanthrope Global Freedom Federation will be filing a formal complaint to all the governments of the free world over this.
What the Hell?!...

What is this...a contest to see who can come up with the best way to express mindless, unneccesary hatred towards a talented artist and his (her?) work?

The fact of the matter is...the creature known as the Werewolf ,and it's parallels, have existed as demons of evil origins in the mythology of dozens of cultures for hundreds, if not thousands of years. (And a few not-so-evil ones, but mostly bad prior to the 20th century).

This perticular physical incarnation of evil and bloodlust remains to this day a well known and Yes even POPULAR mosnster of which peoples nightmares are made of.

As we have all descovered, the mythology, if bent and re-imagined a little bit, can result in a distinctly different creature, which while still fearsome, is also considerably more fantastic and even "Enviable". The combined goal of "THE PACK" seems to be to fully support the continued incubation of this ALTERNATE Werwolf concept into a Pop-culture icon that is as well known, and popular as its shallow, drooling, demonic predeccesors.

But I don't see the need for this game of competitive insult flinging...because someone Dared to create a sculpture of a werwolf that remains true to one of the older visions of the werewolf MONSTER...a creature of pure fear and brutality...a servant of the dark forces of the world.

Would you stop this allready?!

...there is plenty of room in this world for BOTH versions of the Werewolf.

This is like writing hatemail to the makers of FORD automobiles, because you think Toyotas are better and want ALL automobiles to be built like Toyotas.

...that just does not make sense...

Don't hate them for not liking what you like.

...don't we usually frown upon each other for reacting like this to another pack members art or writing? ...so then why is okay to do so, just because the sculptor of this bust happens to not be a Pack Member?
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:But I don't see the need for this game of competitive insult flinging...because someone Dared to create a sculpture of a werwolf that remains true to one of the older visions of the werewolf MONSTER...a creature of pure fear and brutality...a servant of the dark forces of the world.

Why don't you go back to the Star Wars thread and take a look at what you posted after you saw Star Wars Ep.3

You hated that film. You said it was HORRIBLY written. Thats how I feel about that bust. I don't hate the sculptor. I just don't like what he did. Now, do you hate George Lucas? You tell me.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:But I don't see the need for this game of competitive insult flinging...because someone Dared to create a sculpture of a werwolf that remains true to one of the older visions of the werewolf MONSTER...a creature of pure fear and brutality...a servant of the dark forces of the world.

Why don't you go back to the Star Wars thread and take a look at what you posted after you saw Star Wars Ep.3

You hated that film. You said it was HORRIBLY written. Thats how I feel about that bust. I don't hate the sculptor. I just don't like what he did. Now, do you hate George Lucas? You tell me.
That's different.

If Tim Albee presented this to us as his interpretation of what we were asking for, then we could feel free to get pissed, because this is ovbiously not what we were looking for.

As a StarWars fan, I had a host of expectations for the finally of the most popular movie series of all time, and LucasFilm failed to deliver on all accounts, save the SFX and sound. Lucas screwed up.

However, I do not judge other films by the same expectations. I do not call foul on the "Alien" series of films because they are not like what I expect a "Star Wars" film to be. True...both films are of the same genre (Sci-Fi Space Action) but one is a really good Scary movie with disgustingly ugly, EVIL aliens, and the other is a really good Fantasy style adventure with creatures of all looks and personalities. They are both good for what they are.

This Bust above is to Freeborns Werewolves as The "face huggers" from Aliens are to the Ewoks in Star Wars.

They are both aliens from another planet (as both this and ours are both werewolves) but their purpose and intended effect and audience are completely different.

Don't hate the Buzzard for not being an Eagle...just because you like Eagles better. The Buzzard is just as much a bird as the Eagle. ...dispite how much you may dislike the wrinkled scavanger.

You don't like it? Fine.

...but it's still a werewolf. ...and a DAMN scary one at that.

Rallying a hate mob againt the artist who created it is highly uncalled for. (And more than just a little Rude.)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Vuldari wrote:...but it's still a werewolf. ...and a DAMN scary one at that.
Actually it's not a werewolf. The descrption page says it's a 'demon wolf' and nothing about werewolves at all.

And now tht I look at it closely, this image looks kinda lupine. But none of the other images do.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Lupin wrote:Actually it's not a werewolf. The descrption page says it's a 'demon wolf' and nothing about werewolves at all.
Oh come on...you know the artist meant it was a "Demon Werewolf". ...otherwise he never would have made it look so human.

...allthough I will admit that it looks far more like a vampire in deamon Bat form...with a Dog nose stuck on. ...but to each his own. It's still freakin creepy. It's obvious to me that "makes your skin crawl" creepy is exactly what it was supposed to be.

This bust was CLEARLY not made for us. It was made for the sort who buy those disgusting "Tortured Souls" figures Mcfarlane used to make...who look at a blood drenched jaw coming out of someones shoulder and say "#$%#...that's $#%ing SWEET!!!!".

I would NEVER put something like this in my home, but if I saw this guy in a scary, horror, monster movie, I would likely leave the threter saying something like ...*shudders* "Damn that thing was ugly... I'll be seeing that in my nightmares for Weeks."

...which is exactly the effect the artist was clearly going for. I doubt the one who sculpted this expects anyone to look at it and say, "Wow...that's so Beautiful. I wish I looked like that."

Perspective, perspective, perspective...

It's SUPPOSED to be ugly.

=^.^'= ~
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Vuldari wrote:
Lupin wrote:Actually it's not a werewolf. The descrption page says it's a 'demon wolf' and nothing about werewolves at all.
Oh come on...you know the artist meant it was a "Demon Werewolf". ...otherwise he never would have made it look so human.
No, actually, I don't. You don't either, unless you have asked the artist [him|her]self. I figure that the artist though before choosing the title, and in this case, if they wanted to say it was a demon werewolf, then they would have said that it was a demon werewolf. If the artist says it was a demon wolf, then that's what it is; since they're privy to information I don't have, I'm not in a position to challenge that or assume something else.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

AS a werewolf, my response tothat is:

oh my gd! someone's displaying a mutant run-over monkey! ewwww!

as a evil demon thingie that's meant to look eww: i ay, : COOL.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

that werewolf THING, dare i say it? makes the harry potter werewolf looks sexy. :sickpup:
THE GAME

My Armory
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:

That's different.

If Tim Albee presented this to us as his interpretation of what we were asking for, then we could feel free to get pissed, because this is ovbiously not what we were looking for.

As a StarWars fan, I had a host of expectations for the finally of the most popular movie series of all time, and LucasFilm failed to deliver on all accounts, save the SFX and sound. Lucas screwed up.

Thats different?

Not from my point of view.

I didn't like that bust because of the way its presented. Its not a wolf or werewolf. It was something I wasn't looking forward to see.

You didn't like Star Wars Ep.3 because of the way its presented. It was something YOU wasn't looking forward to see. Same thing.

Vuldari wrote:

Don't hate the Buzzard for not being an Eagle...just because you like Eagles better. The Buzzard is just as much a bird as the Eagle. ...dispite how much you may dislike the wrinkled scavanger.

Oh please. Eagles and Buzzards are both scavangers. And I don't hate buzzards!! Sure, they are ugly and they have a bad smell from eating rotten flesh. But I don't hate them. If buzzards were bothersome like the mosquito, then I would hate them.

Vuldari wrote:Rallying a hate mob againt the artist who created it is highly uncalled for. (And more than just a little Rude.)
Vuldari wrote:As a StarWars fan, I had a host of expectations for the finally of the most popular movie series of all time, and LucasFilm failed to deliver on all accounts, save the SFX and sound. Lucas screwed up.
You're telling us not to be rude when you yourself is putting Lucas down? :?

I don't get it. ??
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Vuldari did bring up a good point; on the Internet, EVERYONE can hear you scream. That means, one should keep in mind that the artist could be listening. I'm not going to lie and say I like the thing, but I should not have been a jerk about it.

But, Fig has a point, too.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...