how can they hide for so long?

The place for anything at all...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

how can they hide for so long?

Post by Anubis »

i think we haven't discused this. Even though werewolves don't exist if they do how can they keep their existance a secret for so long with out any real sightings.

i think that werewolves don't exist in the human world at all. they just live out their days as a full wolf in the wild.
Last edited by Anubis on Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Easy.

Few people earnestly believe in the existance of Werewolves, and the Werewolves don't exactly run around town in ful wolf or gestalt forms all the time, so no one notices. When someone does, the full-wolf is mistaken for a big dog most times, or the guy who reports a wolf in town is taken for crazy, and anyone reporting a gestalt sighting is equally treated as crazy or pulling a prank. :P

Theres plenty of cracks to split through in the human world. The city is, as often it is called, a Concrete jungle. A Werewolf can hide there as well as he can anywhere else. Human and full-wolf allow for great hiding in civilizatyion and the wilds, respectively afterall. :D
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

They stick to 'big game' ... and not the neighbors kids.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

My theory on this is that humans tend to blend out everything that is beyond the 'rules of the normal world'. It is to scaring even to think about the possibility of the existence of something like a werewolf. Everytime we see something that doesn't fit into our perception of the world we desperately trying to find normal explanations for it. (I should say, not all humans do so, but a lot tend to act like this)

Saying Werewolves exist would mean that there is a species of possible very dangerous Shapechangers that can hide under us without being noticed by us. So we say the wolf we saw was a huge wolf-like dog and the one reporting an encounter with a Werewolf in Gestaltform is, like Aki already said, treated as a crazy or insane person having halluzinations.

According to this human behaviour it is very easy for werewolves to stay in the background without being noticed at all. If Werewolves exist - I'm not saying, they do - then all stories about them are hints we deny because of fear.
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: how can they hide so long?

Post by Terastas »

Anubis wrote:i think we haven't discused this. Even though werewolves don't exist if they do how can they keep their existance a secret for so long with out any real sightings.
Simple. There have been sightings. However, just like UFOs, Bigfoot, Elvis, and all other paranormal legends, there are countless "sightings" all the time.

The trick is that there are probably fifty faked or mistaken werewolf sightings for every legitimate one. A werewolf pack wouldn't need to cover up all sightings -- just to have an allibi to disprove them.

In fact, a few discredited werewolf sightings might actually be to the benefit of the pack. The more sham sightings come out of the pack's territory, the more people will be suspect of any true sightings.
shey
Legendary
Legendary

Post by shey »

ya their are lots of sightings just read bray road beast book it has a lot of sightings in it and I would not be hard for a werewolf to hide once a month for 2 or 3 day out in the woods I dont know all the sighting I have read about go half and half about a the shapeshifter and a new type of canine that has the ability to walk on two legs which is not that hard to belive but whos knows :?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Even with all the werewolf sightings people always take for a hoax, a made up story to scare the kids. :roll: You know we cant be the only advaced living thing on the planet.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

Actually, the government has a secret MIB organization that monitors the activities of werewolves, vampires, wizards, centaurs, dragons, aliens, and all the other assorted mumbo-jumbo. They have different missinformation and coverup stratitgies, and all thier agents are equipped with the infamus "flashy-thing."
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

No wonder I cant remember anything before I was 5. :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Well, I think that it would be logical to have deliberate hoaxes set up by weres to cover themselves. Those incidents would feed on the doubts and skeptical nature we have to begin with. Then, don't shift anywhere near people who might see you as much as possible. Those few that do catch a glimpse would be seen as wackos, frauds, etc. Makes perfect sense to me :wink:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Timber-WoIf wrote:Actually, the government has a secret MIB organization that monitors the activities of werewolves, vampires, wizards, centaurs, dragons, aliens, and all the other assorted mumbo-jumbo. They have different missinformation and coverup stratitgies, and all thier agents are equipped with the infamus "flashy-thing."
Why do i got an urge to sing "Here comes the men in black....Men in black..... Don't you remember.... wa-oh wa-oh" :P :lol:
THE GAME

My Armory
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Lone_Wolf wrote:Well, I think that it would be logical to have deliberate hoaxes set up by weres to cover themselves. Those incidents would feed on the doubts and skeptical nature we have to begin with. Then, don't shift anywhere near people who might see you as much as possible. Those few that do catch a glimpse would be seen as wackos, frauds, etc. Makes perfect sense to me :wink:

So they'd raise the signal to noise ratio on purpose, to make it harder to spot real sightings? That's a pretty good idea.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

A spin-off of Majestic, when a group of agents out in the field went to investigate a reported UFO sighting in the southwest Louisiana bayou, followed by an animal mutilation and the mysterious death of a local. Operation Blue Moon was begun after lycanthropy was recognized as an unequivocal phenomenon, and an agent in the field was compromised and went AWOL. Blue Sentinel was founded shortly after, with the primary mission of containment and the secondary one of research.

:coolshift:

Of course, none of this is official.

:whistle:

Actually, a lot of it is werewolves policing themselves, being very careful about who they bite and pass on. All it takes is one wise guy, and pretty soon, the whole world becomes infected.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Wolveblade
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Wolveblade »

shey wrote:ya their are lots of sightings just read bray road beast book it has a lot of sightings in it and I would not be hard for a werewolf to hide once a month for 2 or 3 day out in the woods I dont know all the sighting I have read about go half and half about a the shapeshifter and a new type of canine that has the ability to walk on two legs which is not that hard to belive but whos knows :?

i was trying to remember the road name thanks ^_^ yeah there have been sightings.....probably not as well reported like the UFOs and stuff like that
let no sacred place in your territory be violated
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

well, my personal opinion is that it's a combination of two things:
one, humans, in general, hat to stick out and appear crazy. so any time one sees a werewolf, they either dismiss it as a big dog, or assume that they got some bad drugs, or that they were slipped something. along this line, if someone actually sees one and believes what they see, everyone else tells them that they're crazy to the point where they believe it themselves.
and two, werewolves would naturally be careful. any undenyable proof would be destroyed. reputable witnesses would be killed. all that sort of stuff. but smartly enough that nobody could trace it to a werewolf. they'd let the rest of it fall into the human category of denial.
simple as that.
i'm just stating what i know and what i think, if you don't like it, you can leave me alone.

i am the well-read werewolf
:read:
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

reputable witnesses would be killed
This sounds like those books with dinosaurs living in with us today.... what was it... Anonymous Rex ... though it's a book that takes itself very lightly...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Mabey the werewolves infiltrated the white house and established themself as congress and start making up stories about werewolves not being real so that way the public would stop hunting for them. :lol:
Image Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Lupin wrote:So they'd raise the signal to noise ratio on purpose, to make it harder to spot real sightings? That's a pretty good idea.
Sure. All they'd need to do is make a video of one of their own in gestalt form. The first week or two would be crazy, but once somebody takes a good look at their video tape and notices that the werewolf is wearing a watch (or better yet, they could use velcro to put a zipper on his back), not only will the Pack's territory be discredited as an alien chaser's tourist attraction, but any true footage captured of werewolves in the future will be dismissed since the werewolf they captured on film looks identical to the "fake" one.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:
Lupin wrote:So they'd raise the signal to noise ratio on purpose, to make it harder to spot real sightings? That's a pretty good idea.
Sure. All they'd need to do is make a video of one of their own in gestalt form. The first week or two would be crazy, but once somebody takes a good look at their video tape and notices that the werewolf is wearing a watch (or better yet, they could use velcro to put a zipper on his back), not only will the Pack's territory be discredited as an alien chaser's tourist attraction, but any true footage captured of werewolves in the future will be dismissed since the werewolf they captured on film looks identical to the "fake" one.
Ermmmm...hmmmmmm

It'll all work unless one slips up and gets captured for real. What then?
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

If a real werewolf gets captured ... well, then the werewolf-community - if there is something like that - would have a real big problem, i suppose ...

Maybe they would try to free the captured werewolf and destroy everything that could be used as a serious evidence. Maybe they would try to suppress every one who knows about their real nature - isn't that difficult for a werewolf to intimidate another person - or they would even kill a person who knows about their secret existence ...

Okay, that would bring the whole thing in a much more bigger spotlight then before ...

Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

if i were a werewolf leader, and one of my own was captured, my first priority would be eleminating all evedince of the captured werewolf. Actually freeing the sucker wouldn't be one of my primary objectives... (thinking really big bomb, incenerate everything and everyone, looks like a terrorist attack...)

But, if it was plausible to free the were, then i'd say go for it, after you already planted the BFB...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:It'll all work unless one slips up and gets captured for real. What then?
Two possibilities.

1) The rest of the pack comes to the rescue.
2) The captured werewolf shifts back into human form and accuses his captors of kidnapping, blackmail, anything that shifts attention away from the werewolf accusations to the credibility of his captors.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

The second possibility mentioned by Terastas would indeed work very well, cause you can't capture a person and imprison him/her with the simple statement: "I've seen that he/she can shift into a werewolf!"

Imagine one would tell you the person in this cell is a Werewolf and is imprisoned because he/she refuses to prove that? At least in our democratic societies you can't imprison a person and do medical experiments just because of a doubt that this person is a supernatural being whose existence is denied by almost every one! How would you explain this to the lawyer of the werewolf?

Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

One of the problems with werewolves is that, at some point throughout history, a werewolf must have died in gestalt form, or had one of his limbs severed. But, no one has ever discovered a body or body part that looked like it belonged to a werewolf. So, therefore, I think that a werewolf's body and body parts automatically revert to human or wolf when the body dies or a limb is severed. It doesn't make much sense when you look at it from a forward standpoint, but if you look at it from a backwards standpoint (i.e. look from present to past) then it seems like something like this must have happened. I seriously doubt that werewolves could be so careful as to never have one of these slip-ups.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Excelsia wrote:One of the problems with werewolves is that, at some point throughout history, a werewolf must have died in gestalt form, or had one of his limbs severed. But, no one has ever discovered a body or body part that looked like it belonged to a werewolf. So, therefore, I think that a werewolf's body and body parts automatically revert to human or wolf when the body dies or a limb is severed. It doesn't make much sense when you look at it from a forward standpoint, but if you look at it from a backwards standpoint (i.e. look from present to past) then it seems like something like this must have happened. I seriously doubt that werewolves could be so careful as to never have one of these slip-ups.
It could be like AB has said Freeborn Werewolves operate. If they have time during their death, they will revert to human. But a bullet to the head in gestalt and you're dead in gestalt. Loosing limbs would result in the life staying what it was, obviously. But, hey, when it comes to things like that, usually a packmember is around to get the evidence out of there. Its not like dieing in Gestalt is a everyday thing.

Any its not garunteed everyone who finds this stuff will turn it over to the authorities, or that authorities will let the public learn of this....and hey, if you die in full-wolf, its just another wolf. People will wonder why a Wolf is so far out of the places Wolves have been located to nowadays, but no serious investigation will go on, I bet.