TES: Oblivion

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Akela wrote:Bad news and good news for Oblivion folks...

Good news; The highly acclaimed Werewolves mod will continue on Oblivion.

Bad news; Oblivion is delayed to Q1 2006 until further notice.

so long as they make obliv better...

higyl acclaimed werewolves mod? this means the mcasmod were mod will be made for oblivion, not that oblivion will incorporate it, right?
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

It will be continued on Oblivion not with Oblivion so EP 2 is not coming out on Morrowind.

It will be a fine addition as we know for a fact Werewolves will not be making an appearance in the initial Oblivion, maybe in an expansion.

Speaking of expansions, I would like to hear the opinions of people like Aki who are somewhat educated in TES lore(those of you who payed attention to the backstory/fluff) Vvardenfell was surrounded by water so an addition like Solstheim wasn't really Unorthodox. Tribunal, however, did throw me for a loop. What I am asking is what do you think will be added in Oblivions inevitable expansion. We all know Cyrodil is surrounded by land so another landmass is out of the question... perhaps. But we also know that you will be able to travel to Oblivion which features randomly generated landmass to add to the chaotic nature of the Daedra.

I've come up with a few possibilities.

1. The expansion's content is set in a new area of Oblivion(I'm talking about the place Oblivion, not the name of the game) itself.(if WWs were added in the said expansion I'm guessing it would be set in Hircines realm, he's my favorite Daedra Prince for what should be obvious reasons)

2. The Battlespire makes a Cameo

3. You travel to a new continent such as Atmora or Yokuda(This is quite feasable as those landmasses are rather small, though personally I think it's unlikely)

4. New quests, NPC's, Weapons, Armor, Creatures, and Towns are added to the existing landmass(which would be completely lame IMHO but a possibility none the less)
Vuldari wrote:On the bright side...this will give me a little more time to save up for the upgrades my PC will need to run it.
Same here, except I'll be getting a brand new computer.... the whole nine yards. At least it will save the difficulty of porting save games and modules over.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Akela, I'd rule 3 out. Atmora and Yokuda are inhospitable. That is, Yokuda is blown up, and Er, Atmora is a icecucbe. And battlespire. Battlespire, er, is destroyed, IIRC.

I've heard about the Mcasmod thing, it rules. I just pray they throw us the models they've been working on for Morrowind in a small MW mod. The Werewolves had a wicked mane-type-thingy.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

So there will be a BloodMoon2 expansion made for Oblivion, that will not be packed in with the main game. That's cool, I guess.

As for Where future expansions could take place, I don't see how that would be a problem at all, as I'm pretty sure Cryodiil is NOT surrounded by water, but by other land (as has allready been mentioned). Not every square inch of the surrounding provinces have been used in previous games, so I don't see how it would be any problem at all to have an expansion take place just beyond the borders of Cryodiil, in the fringes of a neighboring province.

What boggled my mind in Morrowind was the way they presented Morrowind as an Island, with ocean on all sides. According to the map of Tamriel from the first ElderScrolls game (Arena) Morrowind only had coasts on the North and East sides, and the place where the ship that brought you there docked is where the entire province of "Black Marsh" was supposed to be.

...very odd...

I'm not as "educated" as some on Elderscrolls lore, so I'm not quite sure where Cryodiil IS on this map. ...is it the name of the Imperial Province?

[Edit:] ...ahh...I was right. OK then.
Image Image
Last edited by Vuldari on Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Vuldari, theres no Bloodmoon2 exxpansion, Akela's talking about a Mod.

And yeah, Imperial Province = Cyrodiil.
But your map's a bit tiny.

Check out this one:

Look on the far right, thats morrowind, all of it. The game took place on the island. Vvardenfell.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Sweet...though it would have been better if you posted a link to the image, rather than trying to fit it. ...the board automatically resized it, so the details are impossible to see. I backtracked the image though, and saw the full version.

...ahh...suddenly it makes so much more sense. We never saw ALL of morrowind...only Vvardenfell...and that IS surrounded by water.

Thanks for the map.

(BTW...my first map is full size. That is just the biggest the old DOS game could display. Kudos to Bethesda for staying so faithful to the original landscape they created in the later games, INCLUDING Oblivion. Very nice.)
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

I'm suprised you didn't even notice after you looked on the map Vuldari, look again at the Center of Morrowind, there's an Island. That's Vvardenfell; where you were in TES 3: Morrowind.

Cyrodil has relatively few Dwemer and Daedric ruins, the Dwemer were only native to Morrowind and had quite a few settlements in Skyrim, there are Dwemer ruins in every province albiet few of them.

The part I'm looking foward to the most are the Ayleid, if you don't know what I'm talking about read "The Wild Elves" which can be found in TES 3 Morrowind in just about any bookstore like the one in Balmora. The Ayleid are a race of Elves very few in number. They are one of the few races actually native to Tamriel. They had vast amounts of human slaves and they ended up being overthrown by their pawns; the Ayleid Empire never regained its former glory. I believe the liberated humans were assimilated with the ancestors of the Nords and Imperials(Which if I remember correctly were descended from the same people) Redguards are not really humans though, they are descended from the natives of Youkuda. I'll have to see if I can dig around and find that Oblivion screenshot of Ayleidic ruins. The Ayleids are still around, just very shy and hesitant to talk to outsiders as they are racist f***s not that I blame them after losing everything.
Aki wrote:Akela, I'd rule 3 out. Atmora and Yokuda are inhospitable. That is, Yokuda is blown up, and Er, Atmora is a icecucbe. And battlespire. Battlespire, er, is destroyed, IIRC.

I've heard about the Mcasmod thing, it rules. I just pray they throw us the models they've been working on for Morrowind in a small MW mod. The Werewolves had a wicked mane-type-thingy.
Thanks for bringing that up, I know very little of the Continents other than Akavir and Tamriel. And yes there will be one final update for the WW mod. There's still Fyandonea, which is a good chunk smaller than Cyrodil by far, I thought it was known as Elhoney though.... :(

Though If Yokuda is destroyed then why is it shown on the map in such great detail?

And Vuldari when I was referring to EP 2 I was talking about the WW mod, not Bloodmoon. It's entirely possible there won't be an expansion with Werewolves. The Bloodmoon ones were visually good but entirely pointless to be one. The only special quests they had outside of the main story was to be cured. I liked the ones in Daggerfall much better, there were actually benefits in human form as well as 3 days after bitten by a vampire you would wake up in a tomb 2 weeks later. That was cool, as after the 3rd day you died and your body was found and entombed, fortunately the Denizens of Tamriel follow some Egyptian customs in that they buried the deceased's prize possesions with them, much like the Dunmer, meaning you don't lose any items.

The thing I like most about Oblivion is that there's no more *Outlander* calling, I swear if a Dunmer says that heads will roll... It would be hilarious if Fargoth made a Cameo or if you stumbled across his corpse somewhere. I find it more likely you will run into this one imperial, I forget his name but in Morrowind he wants a 100 septims to pay for a fare back to Cyrodil.

Taking a closer look at that the location of an expansion... let's see... I did not previously notice the Borders exteneded to the sea, that greatly changes things.

Could take place in Stirk, though that's a bit small. More interesting would be Stros M'kai, while it appears small much of the city is under the water. It is the home to a strange race known as the Sload, though I wouldn't expect a warm reception. They are not well recieved by the Empire, there's a book about them in Morrowind... somewhere, they are too strange a race for me to acurrately describe.

I'm thinking it will most likely take place in a new area of Oblivion itself or the Thrassian reef

Whew! That post was much longer than I originally intended, if you can't tell TES is my favorite game series *winks* I sure hope someon actually bothered to read this.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Ah...okay...

Well...before today, the only map I had ever seen of Tamriel was that blurry one from the "Race Selection" screen in ARENA. From that, I assumed that the water there was rivers, and not an entire inland sea, surrounding the middle portion.

My sense of scale was more than a little off.

Honestly, I really don't care much if the WW mod, or Bloodmoon make re-appearances in Oblivion, as I was uninterested in both. I understand the whole "balancing" thing...but the way the Werewolves are in both games makes them somthing you definately don't want to become, because of all the disadvantages. If I ever bought the Boodmoon Expansion for Morrowind, and became a werewolf in-game, I would probobly restart from my last save to make sure it does not happen, rather than try to finish the game with it.

...the Werewolves and Vampires in Elderscrolls just are not compatable with my gameplay style.

I allways created my character starting with NO flaws or weaknesses, (I re-started the game several times), and choose skills that I know I don't use often enough as my primaries and secondaries (I think I read somewhere that there will be no Secondary skills in Oblivion...only primary ones.). That way, My hardcore/practical skills like longsword, etc. would rise anyway from repeated use, but I could easily pump up my other skills too, making my character slow to build in strength, but near UBER by the time I reached level 30, being a "jack of all trades".

Anyway, I really hope that the extra time they take finishing it will guarantee that it becomes the awsome game I hope it will be.

The title music is available to hear on the Elderscrolls Website, and it sounds very "Good". ...not "Great"...not "Fantastic"...just Good. Frow what I heard, it is a little better than Morrowinds soundtrack (which was very good), but also dissapointingly similar. ...although if the trailers give me any hints, I expect to hear alot of new, unfamiliar tunes in the game, in addition to the familiar title track.

I loved the music in Morrowind, but some of the tunes really got on my nerves after a while...especially the "high action" tunes that played when you were under attack. I'm really hoping the music in Oblivion will be a little easier on the ears after the 346th listen.

(I hated how sometimes in MW, the calm, peaceful "travel" music would switch to the combat tunes for no apparent reason and stay that way for a long time...and eventually I would find out that a rat was following me from a distance, but couldn't quite catch up, or some other creature on the other side of a cliff face somehow used it's x-ray vision to see that I was on the other side and was butting it's head against the wall, trying to attack me for no reason. Listening to the combat music for 3-10 minutes when there is absolutely NO action going on really grinds on ones mind after a while.)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

I know what you mean, the tracks were a real pain on my ears, but you are confusing the V and WW experience with the Morrowind ones, they were done very poorly in TES 3, in TES 2 being a vampire or WW was a completely viable thing.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Akela wrote:I know what you mean, the tracks were a real pain on my ears, but you are confusing the V and WW experience with the Morrowind ones, they were done very poorly in TES 3, in TES 2 being a vampire or WW was a completely viable thing.
Hmmm...I never played II, (and I only scratched the surface of Arena), so I guess I wouldn't know.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Akela wrote:
Aki wrote:Akela, I'd rule 3 out. Atmora and Yokuda are inhospitable. That is, Yokuda is blown up, and Er, Atmora is a icecucbe. And battlespire. Battlespire, er, is destroyed, IIRC.

Thanks for bringing that up, I know very little of the Continents other than Akavir and Tamriel. And yes there will be one final update for the WW mod. There's still Fyandonea, which is a good chunk smaller than Cyrodil by far, I thought it was known as Elhoney though.... :(

Though If Yokuda is destroyed then why is it shown on the map in such great detail?
Yokuda, being the former homeland of Redguards was probaablly extensively mapped by thee Redguards prior to its destruction. And Redguards mantain their history pretty well. Ansei are a good example, through the book of circles and incredibly swordsmanship training they could form a sword with their mind. Obviously some ancient s*** right there. Some maps probablly wouldn't be no problem, or the stuff might be metnioned in a old book. I don't know, I didn't make the map.

Pyamdonea is the Maomer homeland, and as far as I know, the Maomer(tropical elves) are on bad relations with Tamriel. Elhoney, or however its spelled is the ancient elven homeland. Which Micheal Kirkbridge, the Dev who wrote the ...37 was it? Sermons of Vivec said in a In-Character letter from the Fifth Era (yes, time travelling letters. Akatosh will be pissed. :lol: ) that it doesn't exist. Elves originated in Tamriel.
Could take place in Stirk, though that's a bit small. More interesting would be Stros M'kai, while it appears small much of the city is under the water. It is the home to a strange race known as the Sload, though I wouldn't expect a warm reception. They are not well recieved by the Empire, there's a book about them in Morrowind... somewhere, they are too strange a race for me to acurrately describe.
Stros M'kai is a Island off Hammerfell which holds a single Dwarven ruin with a Observatory, a and single Sload (N'gasta) who loves soul collecting. He even has a soul-net so those who die near Stros M'kai come into his possession.

Sload themselves live (or, lived) on Thras. Which, after the Sload unleashed the Thrassian plague accidentally, was sunk by the combined power of all of Tamriel's naval forces.

Though, in morrowind there were rumors it had risen again, IIRC, not that sinking it could have been too bad, Sload are rather aquatic. The eldest sload have to stay in water to support their immense weight. :wacko:
Akela
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Akela »

*Blows dust away*

Thras... whatever, I was too tired to remember and confused it with Redguard. I could have sworn the Altmer and Bosmer came from Elhoney, guess I must go buy the books again in Morrowind. There are 36 sermons of Vivec BTW, if you don't count sermon zero. I heard rumors it's possible Sotha Sil could return.

I'm definately being a DarkElf again. Love the voice too... my character is a Studious Darkelf Wizard, much like a Telvanni but not as narrow minded and foolish. I'm more of a Mages Guild kind of wizard.

Go here if you haven't http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm
Dies-In-Mud
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Dies-In-Mud »

Im a BIG the elder scrolls fan and WILL get TES: IV Oblivion :D
Every day The Elder Scrolls: IV Oblivion grows stronger, Every day the Werewolves gets stronger, every day im on topic.

-Dies-In-Mud
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

I'm Seriously Psyched for the release of this game.
(Whenever it comes out...sometime this spring I hear)

* WARNING! ....Shameless, Pointless Bragging about "Imaginary World" Accomplishments Ahead!... *

In preperation for the sequel, I finally decided to wrap up my Morrowind game, (I've been playing my character "Samuel MoonShadow" since late 2004), and Completed the Main Quests so I could defeat Dagoth UR and, essentially "Beat" the game.

I had been dragging my feet, completing every minor quest I encountered, becoming the 'Arch-Mage' of the Mages Guild and 'Master' of the Fighters Guild along the way, but had not even spoken to the NPC "Caius Cosades" untill about a month ago. Tonight I finally Killed Dagoth Ur and, after playing that character since before I joined "The Pack", I'm finally putting the game to rest...for a few months untill I start over from scratch on "Oblivion".

Final Stats:

Level* 61

Fame Rating* 56

Bounty* 0 (It's not that I never commited a crime...I just never got "caught" doing it.)

# of Guilds under my controll* 2

I carried a small armory of Very Powerful weapons with me at the end of the game, and stopped using potions entirely as by that point I regained health just standing still, (Thanks to the "Necromancers Amulet" {+1 health} and a ring I enchanted myself "Marans Eternal Soul" {+4 health More}).

Only one of my Collection of Death Bringers was Not Custom Enchanted by me, and that was the "Ice Blade of the Monarch".
The rest of my Prize Collection was Comprised of the " Wrathful Thunder of Dagoth", the "Dark Mallet of Submission", the "Mt. Maran DragonFire Blade", "Red Destiny", and the allmighty "Rubilacxe".

I was NEVER short on cash or new items and Weapons to use, Sell or Enchant because I was a bit of a Hoarder in the way I played the game. I set up a base camp in the basement of the Balmora Mages Guild, (With a Permanent "Recall" Point there, I could then transport to nearly any corner of the game world from there thanks to the Mages Guild...it was a sweet deal), and ... well...

See for yourself:

Here was my Home Sweet Home. As you can see, I was quite fond of Dai-Katanas.

I Collected All Sorts of Junk. (Note that each Dwenmer Coin represents about 30-120 coins each, and the same can be said about almost anything on the table, including the skulls. The Swords on the Pillow were the weapons I used for 80% of the game untill they became "Obsolite".)

I found and kept all sorts of Armor and Other Trinkets that I never used, as I never wore armor, and could not wear boots. I also had a few "one of a Kind" Staves and hammers and stuff. It was as Cluttered as my bedroom in real life.

My Closet was packed to the brim with books and clothing and junk too.

I was quite proud of my complete collection of Daedric Blades as well.

...did I mention I was fond of Keys?

My Strangest collection, however, would have to be my collection of Evil Souls.
(In the Star is the soul of "Vivec" himself. Behind it is the soul of "B...{something}...the Undying", and scattered beneath the cup are the souls of various lower Dagoths.)

In the end, though I could have leveled up many levels higher if I tried, I was Unfairly Mega-Powerful by the time I faced off with Dagoth Ur, (and assasinated Vivec, "just for kicks"), I was quite satisfied to simply consider myself a "Force of Nature" within the game world and stopped trying to raise my skills any higher.
Because Every article of clothing on my characters body was enchanted with a Constant Effect spell {including the sword in my hands}, my stats were off the charts, and I was nearly immune to normal damage and fatigue. Near invicibility without a shield {or even a shild spell} or any armor whatsoever.)

That's MY Glory Story.

Would anyone else like to share, and "BRAG" about thier own characters accomplishments of Morrowind Mischief?

I can hardly wait to do it all again. Playing the Small, Armorless, Silver tongued monk who can take down powerful foes with his bare hands was FUN!!!

:D

=^.^'= ~
Lyco
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lyco »

i'm buying an xbox 360 FOR Oblivion... I've been looking forward to it forever! :D

I've played my xbox version of Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition to absolute death, so mush so to the point that I have a saved game were i've killed every NPC in the world and then taken their pants. I have a crate somewhere in balmora filled with hundreds and hundreds of looted pairs of pants. :lol:

It sucks that i can't get any plug in's for the xbox version... but i'm too lazy to upgrade my computer so it can run the PC version. After Oblivion gets realeased, i suspect i'm going to dissapear of the face of the planet for a few days at least.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Lyco wrote:i'm buying an xbox 360 FOR Oblivion... I've been looking forward to it forever! :D

I've played my xbox version of Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition to absolute death, so mush so to the point that I have a saved game were i've killed every NPC in the world and then taken their pants. I have a crate somewhere in balmora filled with hundreds and hundreds of looted pairs of pants. :lol:
Thats AWESOME! :lol:
Lyco wrote:It sucks that i can't get any plug in's for the xbox version... but i'm too lazy to upgrade my computer so it can run the PC version. After Oblivion gets realeased, i suspect i'm going to dissapear of the face of the planet for a few days at least.
Yeah...I expect to loose more than a few days, and sleepless nights to that game too.

I've allready pre-ordered the PC version and, rather than buy a 360 (which I really don't care much about anyway), I've allready upgraded my Graphics card, and plan to boost my RAM from 512 to at least a Gig or two between now and the release date.

I'm really torn on what race I plan on playing as this time around though. Because of all the race and gender specific diologue that will be in the game, I want to play as one of the Default races this time around, but am uncertain if I want to go with one of the beast races again, or try to use the advanced character manipulation and face generator to play as my virtual human twin instead.

=^.^'= ~
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Oh, since the info might prove helpful...

Oblivion is coming out March 20th. And the System Specs are:

Recommended:

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 1 GB System RAM
* ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
* 8x DVD-ROM drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Card Chipsets:

* ATI X1900 series
* ATI X1800 series
* ATI X1600 series
* ATI X1300 series
* ATI X850 series
* ATI x800 series
* ATI x700 series
* ATI x600 series
* ATI Radeon 9800 series
* ATI Radeon 9700 series
* ATI Radeon 9600 series
* ATI Radeon 9500 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
* NVIDIA GeForce FX series

Etc.

I'm upgrading my comp some so I can play it. :D

Any other updates one could wish are somewhere on here..

As for my plans for Oblivion, I have three character concepts panned out. A Dunmer Battlemage (Think Warrior + Mage), a Khajiit Dark Brotherhood Assassin, and a Altmeri Vampire...

The Battlemage will be my main of course, and I plan on involving him in the fighters and mages guilds, as well as the Arena. Which sounds fun as hell. Not only can yu patricipate in the Arena, but you can bet on/watch Arena matches. ^_^

And the Dark Brotherhood can be played in the clumsy manner the Morag Tong was, or done in certain ways (you get a different objective to reach per eazch hit) and kill the target in that style for a bonus prize in addition to the original quest reward. Sounds badass. 8)

I really have no idea on what I'll do with the Altmer vamp, aside from be evil as all hell. He'll be a kind of character to experience the vampire stuff in Oblivion and just kinda be indiscrimnately evil to see how RAI reacts.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Dunno what i'll do, it'll be a few months before i get it, myself...

As for bragging?

Eh...

Well....

'Justforkicks' i got a Pharlan character up to level...81? I guess... All skills and stats at or above 100. It was really cool and fun while playing the main thingie of bloodmoon because i had the 'handtohand' mod on which made it so that no matter HOW powerfukl i was i would get totally scrapped by one swing of a werewolf's claws. luckily my pharlan could fly, but it was the most interesting time i had tryoing to fly around and whack a werewolf with a paralyse sword (hit and run tactics, i could NOT afford to egt hit) with no back up, and an unpredictable leviation spell (it was supposed to stay on for thirty minutes but often gave out randomly and had technical difficulties transferring netween cells).. and then.. i had to kill TEN werewolves while in a cave (that 'kill the werewolfes and get the totem of fang and claw or whetevr mission)

And then, hircine's cave....

NIGHTMARE! NO LEVITATION!

Died about ten times over before i managed to get a jump spell to cast and managed to actually jump out of teh level due to an unexpected mesh 'technical dificukty'...

Twas fun. that;s the most scared i've EVER been in a computer game, and i am including Doom 3.

Actually, i remember being terrified of the dark back when iplayed my first few characters... Playing the first couple of balmora mages guild quests of 'go into the ruiins with ominous clanking sounds and giant machines and find me a dwemer tube while it's pitch black' And then the six house camp missio nwhere you *spoiler, not like anyone here hasn't pla ythe game through ten billi ntimes* get corprus i didn't even fight, i just ran like bloody hel ltrhough the cave...

and, getting lost hopelessly while trying to walk to balmora because i didn't know what a silt strider was... that actually turned into a kind of pilgraage for me- every new character my first trip to balmora was ALWAYS on foot.

ah... memories!

I'm lookin forward to more 'terror-of-the-dark' in oblivion as well as 'me lieks shadows cause i'm a theif' stuff... fuN!
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

The Release date for this game (Here in the US) is TODAY!!!

The game store I reserved my copy at says they are expecting the shipment to arrive this afternoon, (though, when I checked in, they said I had reserved the "Standard" version, when I am certain that I had put a reserve down on the "Collectors" Edition. ...grrrr... They DID promise to switch it out when they arrive If they get any extras, as they think they might).

...however, I am working a late shift tonight, So I will be at work when it arrives, (if it arrives today and isn't late), and won't get home untill after the store closes.

...stupid work...

I'm so anxious to play this game that I can hardly stand it. I don't think I will be able to think about anything else untill I finally get it in my hands and running on my PC...after which you may not hear from me for a while.

*cough*

"YEESS!..." :cafinated:

=^.^'= ~
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

You lucky lucky *beep*, you actually get to get it! i have to wait for a new hideiously expensive video card to get my copy....

*sniffle*
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

I still have to install the stuff I bought before getting the game. :P

And then, I have to hope that:
1. I still have money left over
2. The store still has it

:lol:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadowblaze wrote:You lucky lucky *beep*, you actually get to get it! i have to wait for a new hideiously expensive video card to get my copy....

*sniffle*
I'm still not 100% positive that it will run on MY PC yet either, when I pick it up. (which I am yet to do...and the store did not answer their phone 20 minutes ago to tell me if it arrived yet. Maybe they're still closed?)

My old card I knew would not cut it, because it would not run the "Trees of Pangea" demo, which is a program that is imbedded in Oblivion. My new card (or rather, my brothers old card) will run the demo... but my ram still only meets the minimum requirements, and I don't think it can run HDR lighting...which I'm not sure will be required for the game to run or not.

I may end up screaming a long line of explatives once I get it if it still does not work.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

SUCCESS!!!

Even on my slightly underpowered system, the game is up and running as well as I dared to hope, and it looks FANTASTIC.

I've started my game as a Kajiit named 'Kitar Fharan', but have not escaped from prison yet. (I'm still in the Tutorial section).

The new controll interface is different and a little hard to get used to...but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. It works pretty well, and you can do all sorts of stuff you could not do before, like pick up and throw random objects, and block at any time without a shield, (even with bare hands or while wielding a two handed weapon). Very nice. Combat feels fantastic and totally natural too. It's much more exiting now. Rat's are not just boring any more. They leap at you, and they made me jump out of my seat at first because I wasn't expecting that. Magic effects like fire and lightning look appropriately awesome too.

The intro sequence when you begin a new game gave me goosebumps. It was like the beginning of a fantastic Blockbuster Film, like LOTR. Dramatic music...great voice acting, and dramatic shots of the landscape...all beautifully rendered.

I have to go to work now, so I won't even have time to see the outside environment untill tomorrow (work shift untill 10:30pm), but I have the next two days off.

I can hardly wait. I'm allready loving this game, and I haven't even started yet.

HOORAY! :howl:  :oo :lovestruck:

=^.^'= ~
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Shadowblaze wrote:Dunno what i'll do, it'll be a few months before i get it, myself...

As for bragging?

Eh...

Well....

'Justforkicks' i got a Pharlan character up to level...81? I guess... All skills and stats at or above 100. It was really cool and fun while playing the main thingie of bloodmoon because i had the 'handtohand' mod on which made it so that no matter HOW powerfukl i was i would get totally scrapped by one swing of a werewolf's claws. luckily my pharlan could fly, but it was the most interesting time i had tryoing to fly around and whack a werewolf with a paralyse sword (hit and run tactics, i could NOT afford to egt hit) with no back up, and an unpredictable leviation spell (it was supposed to stay on for thirty minutes but often gave out randomly and had technical difficulties transferring netween cells).. and then.. i had to kill TEN werewolves while in a cave (that 'kill the werewolfes and get the totem of fang and claw or whetevr mission)

And then, hircine's cave....

NIGHTMARE! NO LEVITATION!

Died about ten times over before i managed to get a jump spell to cast and managed to actually jump out of teh level due to an unexpected mesh 'technical dificukty'...

Twas fun. that;s the most scared i've EVER been in a computer game, and i am including Doom 3.

Actually, i remember being terrified of the dark back when iplayed my first few characters... Playing the first couple of balmora mages guild quests of 'go into the ruiins with ominous clanking sounds and giant machines and find me a dwemer tube while it's pitch black' And then the six house camp missio nwhere you *spoiler, not like anyone here hasn't pla ythe game through ten billi ntimes* get corprus i didn't even fight, i just ran like bloody hel ltrhough the cave...

and, getting lost hopelessly while trying to walk to balmora because i didn't know what a silt strider was... that actually turned into a kind of pilgraage for me- every new character my first trip to balmora was ALWAYS on foot.

ah... memories!

I'm lookin forward to more 'terror-of-the-dark' in oblivion as well as 'me lieks shadows cause i'm a theif' stuff... fuN!
Bloodmoon is even harder to complete then Morrowind itself. :lol: Level 40 is recommended if you wanna complete Bloodmoon without dying 2343253453 times...
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Yeahhhhh... I was level 23... with a 50% weakness-to-normal-weapons thing..