laws

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Wolfhanyou wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:thats the same thing with me argueing aswell, so if i got to far in terms of argueing.....someone please stop me.
*puts a muzzle on Shadow Wulf* There ya go! :D

I think there's also the problem of humans ganging up to beat on a werewolf when they're off gaurd and alone and... probably when it's not on a full moon. So do you guys think that there's also the possibility of having a Werewolf Protection Program like they have for witnesses to crimes?
I think i'd be more along the lines of making things like beating the crap out of a Werewolf just for being a Werewolf a "Hate Crime" like they do for when people beat the crap out of [insert race here] for being [race] or such. :wink:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

werewolfs would probably have thier own private committee, untill things calm down with humans and licans, as for protection, you love the u.s.w.s.f. characteri drew, i call him.....SHADOW WOLF. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Shadow Wulf wrote:werewolfs would probably have thier own private committee, untill things calm down with humans and licans, as for protection, you love the u.s.w.s.f. characteri drew, i call him.....SHADOW WOLF. :D
one its lycans not licans two don't forget the bad a** lycan that conterols u.s.w.s.f. Anubis you do not want to get on his bad side
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

wolf marine wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:werewolfs would probably have thier own private committee, untill things calm down with humans and licans, as for protection, you love the u.s.w.s.f. characteri drew, i call him.....SHADOW WOLF. :D
one its lycans not licans two don't forget the bad a** lycan that conterols u.s.w.s.f. Anubis you do not want to get on his bad side
and its control :D ouch!! counter attack :evil: :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

vrikasatma wrote:Here's my take (getting back on topic) —

Under the "lycanthropy as a disease" scenario, a hundred bucks says that the insurance industry would drop anyone infected with it like a hot potato, and exclude anyone that had it from coverage. They can do that, they're not the government and their hands aren't tied. Without health coverage, homeowners, auto, life or any other insurance, basically werewolves would automatically become second-class citizens. They could get jobs, they could get housing (until they're evicted for howling), but they would have to work at home because they couldn't legally drive without auto insurance.
I could see the exact opposite as well. A lycanthrope would be an insurance company's dream. With the extra regeneration they're going to be filing claims a lot less.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

vrikasatma wrote:Remember, also, that there exist NO LAWS against lynching.
Uhh... Murder and assault are legal now? Why didn't anyone tell me?

-- Vilkacis
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Aigh! 'Tis the curse of Mercury Retrograde and no planets in Air...

I read a news item where the Senate apologized for not enacting laws to prohibit lynching and thought there WERE no laws. :oops:

[Note to self: take more gingko biloba and read more thoroughly, dammit...] :read2:
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

If you remember to take it( Gingko Biloba) you dont need it!!!!!!!
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

Has everyone ever seen the Russian werewolf division patches on eBay? That's the first thing that hit my mind when werewolves being recuited into the armed forces was brought up. I think if werewolves were segregated into different schools, it'd be like X-Men, where they learn how to control themselves and harness their, um, for a lack of a better word, "powers". I see the insurance going either way, but it brought something to my mind: Werewolves are always portrayed as being lower class. I mean, in Underworld, the vampires had this frickin' nice mansion with guard dogs and the whole shebang, and where did the werewolves live? Underground by a subway station. Maybe that's why they're portrayed like that- they got dropped from their insurance :hsup Werewolves might also have to have shots at the vet or something :lol: I guess until people lightened up about it, there'd be werewolf only clinics. Then you'd probably have to have something that showed if you were up to date on your vacinations. lol, Can you imagine having to wear a collar when you've transformed?
*Cop* I need to see your rabies tag, please.
*Were* I, uh, left my collar at home....
Chances are no one would want anything to do with you once you TFed, so you wouldn't need to worry, but it'd suck if it happened :lol:
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

What is the law?- No Spill Blood! :P
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

That was Rudyard Kipling. It's from "Mowgli's Brothers" in "The Jungle Books."
ImageImageImageImage
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Never read the book :(
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Do. You owe it to yourself :)

For instance, Akela goes down fighting beside Mowgli, and Shere Khan has nothing to do with it. And Raksha, the she-wolf that adopted Mowgli, is hell on four paws when it comes to her family. She's the original strong woman, she didn't stand by like a shrinking violet, she actually fought to mate with Father Wolf.

I highly recommend <i>The Jungle Books</i> to anyone who wants to see wolves painted in a positive, heroic light in literature.

Edit: Here's a link to the whole book on SelfKnowledge.com. You don't have to buy it but I'd consider any library incomplete without it.

http://emotional-literacy-education.com ... nglb10.htm

:read2:
ImageImageImageImage
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

But I liked Share Kahn :cry: He was so cool :(
Wolveblade
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Wolveblade »

ah the jungle book that is a good one :)
let no sacred place in your territory be violated
bloodwolf_345
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Polywere Supreme

Post by bloodwolf_345 »

how about repealing the leash law to some extent
A fractured psyche is not always a bad thing. In the world of Werewolves and Otherkin, many can exist in one host very peacefully. I am a great example of that. I have 6 different Fursonas
Ultraken
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ultraken »

Assuming lycanthropes have human intelligence in all forms, they would be legally regarded as people, not animals. Animals do not have the reasoning abilities of people, so the law falls on their owners, caretakers, and handlers instead.

If lycanthropy is hereditary and non-transmissible, and the lycanthrope retains full human intelligence in all forms, there is little justification for legal discrimination. The only exception is that the law would consider a lycanthrope always armed, whether or not they intend violence--the potential is always there. Lycanthropy would be regarded as "concealed carry" in human form and "open carry" in gestalt and animal form. Attacking someone in gestalt or animal form would likely be treated as "aggravated assault" or "assault with a deadly weapon", and punished harshly.

If it is infectious, then equality becomes much more difficult.
Ronkonkoma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Going with the moon

Post by Ronkonkoma »

Ultraken wrote:Assuming lycanthropes have human intelligence in all forms, they would be legally regarded as people, not animals. Animals do not have the reasoning abilities of people, so the law falls on their owners, caretakers, and handlers instead.

If lycanthropy is hereditary and non-transmissible, and the lycanthrope retains full human intelligence in all forms, there is little justification for legal discrimination. The only exception is that the law would consider a lycanthrope always armed, whether or not they intend violence--the potential is always there. Lycanthropy would be regarded as "concealed carry" in human form and "open carry" in gestalt and animal form. Attacking someone in gestalt or animal form would likely be treated as "aggravated assault" or "assault with a deadly weapon", and punished harshly.

If it is infectious, then equality becomes much more difficult.
Agreed, a lycanthrope's gestalt form, with it's increased strength, teeth and claws, would be considered a weapon in itself, and attacking someone while in that form would amount to assault with a deadly weapon, or worse, attempted murder.
If lycantropy is infectious, werewolves would be treated like a loaded gun and someone infected with AIDS, dentists would probably want to keep far away from a Werewolf's mouth (even when the fellow is in human form) in fear of getting infected. There'd be a debate if a WW was injured and stuck in gestalt form should be taken to the hospital or to the vet clinic.

On a positive note, there probably would be established 'Werewolf Sactuaries' where a werewolf could run around in Gestalt form without worrying about scaring humans

Jobs a Werewolf would do well in and would be wanted:
as a Game Warden, Coast Guard, Search&Rescue, Nature/hunting guide, work in the police squad (imagine getting pulled over for a ticket by a ww police officer in gestalt form) Army would no doubt like a few in their ranks, literally sniffing out the bad guys.
Customs, border control.....

Heh, could have the biggest, baddest bouncer in town
be a damn good mail delivery person, scare off dogs

Lawyer (you might hate them, but best to have a ww lawyer if a ww gets in trouble)

you probably wouldn't have WWs working as doctors (except to treat other WWs) , or near food, water, soda....... any profession that might let the werewolf contagion pass on to a large number of people.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Ronkonkoma wrote:you probably wouldn't have WWs working as doctors (except to treat other WWs) , or near food, water, soda....... any profession that might let the werewolf contagion pass on to a large number of people.
Or where they get their hair into the food :thpt2:
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Ronkonkoma wrote:you probably wouldn't have WWs working as doctors (except to treat other WWs) , or near food, water, soda....... any profession that might let the werewolf contagion pass on to a large number of people.
Or where they get their hair into the food :thpt2:
Thats where a hair net comes in. :lol:
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Or a clean suit.
Sanity is relative.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary