CSI werewolf episode

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I'm almost scared to look at the clip, but aww hell, what do I got to lose except time... :roll:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

SabreTheJokerWolfFool wrote:I'm almost scared to look at the clip, but aww hell, what do I got to lose except time... :roll:
we all have that "werewolf" weakness. If we see that word in the title, or in the decription, we are going to see it no matter what. :wink:
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

:o
Oh, please god, I'll be a better person, just LET THEM AIR THAT IN FINLAND!
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

cool! too bad i won't be watching it... i decided to boycott CSI after the videogame episode....
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Figarou wrote:
SabreTheJokerWolfFool wrote:I'm almost scared to look at the clip, but aww hell, what do I got to lose except time... :roll:
we all have that "werewolf" weakness. If we see that word in the title, or in the decription, we are going to see it no matter what. :wink:
So true Figarou :(
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darum wrote:cool! too bad i won't be watching it... i decided to boycott CSI after the videogame episode....

What was going on in that episode? I never seen it.
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Figarou wrote:
Darum wrote:cool! too bad i won't be watching it... i decided to boycott CSI after the videogame episode....

too quote joystiq.com.
it was a plot right out of Jack Thompson's notebook: a group of college students act out scenes from their favorite video game, Mario Sunshine. Just kidding, it was of course a game named Urban Hell Raiser that involved robbery, rape, and murder. Of course there's more than that; there's an ex-gamer cop, an evil gaming executive, and David Caruso!

Salon's Andrew Leonard sufffered through the episode describing the experience as "like rubbernecking at the scene of a car wreck, it proved impossible to look away." He continues, "In conjuction with the venom and disgust that enfuses the word 'gamer' when it's spoken by star David Caruso, aka 'Horatio Crane,' it is made clear, as one poster on the Web noted afterward, that people who play games are but one step removed from pedophiles or suicide bombers in the social hierarchy of evil."

Anyone manage to make it through this episode without turning into a deranged lunatic?
note that at the end there it almost quotes Jack...
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

its obviously about real werewolves it going to talk abou the genetic disorder were the person littaraly has fur head to toe. there is a guy like that in mexico. hes married and has a little girl with the same disorder.

i guess it true about the ladies like big hairy men. :wink:
Last edited by Anubis on Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Anubis wrote:i guess it true about the ladies like big hairy men. :wink:
i haven't the slightest clue why, but suddenly i have the urge to grow a beard....
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darum wrote:
Anubis wrote:i guess it true about the ladies like big hairy men. :wink:
i haven't the slightest clue why, but suddenly i have the urge to grow a beard....
Growing the beard is the easy part. Trimming, keeping food particles out, and birds from building a nest in there is the hard part. :wink:

:lol:
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

ok ya thought so it is just overly hairy people and it's sorta sad. :(
It's weird i just didn't see the begining.

Plus this is one of the benifits of East coast time zone :D
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yeah I just saw it too, poor girl :( ....no connection to the outside world but her brother.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Wow, this is really getting good, and sad. I really feel for the characters :( .
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

don't say any thing i haven't seen it yet
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

let me guess, the show starts at 10 where you live.

Well, It just finished its pretty sad.
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Odd episode, this is. :P

[spoiler]This episode had nothing to do with werewolves at all. Just a brother and sister suffering from that hair growth disease. They called them "freaks." Just because someone has a problem with thier body, doesn't mean they are freaks. And why call them a werewolf? Sure, the female looked liked the classic wolfman in that episode. They should've picked another title. Werewolves didn't seem proper. IMHO[/spoiler]
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yeah your right Fig, it wasnt a very proper name. But it was a nice episode and I never watch CSI before.
Image Image
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

good episode, suck's for werewolf fans
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

For what it was I thought it was a good episode. But it sort of ran off the same vein as the 'psuedo-vampire' episode.

The characters were more heartfelt, though. I really liked the little girl...

It was a good episode. Though the titles are almost always lacking literal sense. And... I hate the fact they're developing the other characters more! I want more screen time involving Grissom. Bah!

CSI has it's flaws... but at least it's crafty.

The full moon, in the beginning of the episode, was a nice touch for werewolf fans -- even if the episode is ony about fuzzy peoples.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

it had nothing to do with werewolves directly exept for a silver bullet. the dude just was very hairy
THE GAME

My Armory
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Anubis wrote:it had nothing to do with werewolves directly exept for a silver bullet. the dude just was very hairy

The silver bullet was an "inside joke" by the killer. He could've used a regular bullet to do the job. He didn't like the guy because of his "condition."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Yeah, it was a pretty good ep. Though it wasnt about real wws. Sad about the girl and all.
CSI does seem to have the tendency to put subcultures in a bad light...
-Furries
-Vamps/goths
-Gamers
ect...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darum wrote:
Figarou wrote:

too quote joystiq.com.
it was a plot right out of Jack Thompson's notebook: a group of college students act out scenes from their favorite video game, Mario Sunshine. Just kidding, it was of course a game named Urban Hell Raiser that involved robbery, rape, and murder. Of course there's more than that; there's an ex-gamer cop, an evil gaming executive, and David Caruso!

Salon's Andrew Leonard sufffered through the episode describing the experience as "like rubbernecking at the scene of a car wreck, it proved impossible to look away." He continues, "In conjuction with the venom and disgust that enfuses the word 'gamer' when it's spoken by star David Caruso, aka 'Horatio Crane,' it is made clear, as one poster on the Web noted afterward, that people who play games are but one step removed from pedophiles or suicide bombers in the social hierarchy of evil."

Anyone manage to make it through this episode without turning into a deranged lunatic?
note that at the end there it almost quotes Jack...

Oh...ok.

Thanks for the info.
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stalking the Shadows

Post by Leighlia »

Just as I figured. A murder case involving (Spoiler, just in case someone who wanted to see it missed out....) [spoiler]hypertrichosis...excessive body hair, also known as the 'werewolf' syndrome.[/spoiler]

Overall, I was a bit disappointed in the episode. Not necessarily because I expected a true werewolf to be included in the episode, but rather it wasn't as suspenseful as many of their other episodes.
Feel the wag!
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Leighlia wrote:Just as I figured. A murder case involving (Spoiler, just in case someone who wanted to see it missed out....) [spoiler]hypertrichosis...excessive body hair, also known as the 'werewolf' syndrome.[/spoiler]

Overall, I was a bit disappointed in the episode. Not necessarily because I expected a true werewolf to be included in the episode, but rather it wasn't as suspenseful as many of their other episodes.
I pretty much figured it was going to be about that. CSI tends to be fairly well grounded in those aspects.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image