Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Fenrir wrote:
And here I was expecting a picture of the game cube :lol:
Naw...

I had a pic of the Revolution system as my desktop for a while, and a bunch of Zelda: Twilight Princess Backgrounds. (one which I created myself by blending pictures).

Right now, though, I'm cycling ES IV:Oblivion screenshots. (The forests look so &^% pretty in that game.)

Of course, I had a "Freeborn" desktop for a month or two as well. (Before Anthony released the Official ones even.)

I don't see any reason to bother posting my screen while "BUSY" as I Never run more than one thing at a time. I'm horrible at mutitasking. One window at a time, full screen. That's how I use my PC.

All you would see is Firefox open to this page anyway. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Vuldari wrote:
Fenrir wrote:
And here I was expecting a picture of the game cube :lol:
Naw...

I had a pic of the Revolution system as my desktop for a while, and a bunch of Zelda: Twilight Princess Backgrounds. (one which I created myself by blending pictures).

Right now, though, I'm cycling ES IV:Oblivion screenshots. (The forests look so &^% pretty in that game.)

Of course, I had a "Freeborn" desktop for a month or two as well. (Before Anthony released the Official ones even.)

I don't see any reason to bother posting my screen while "BUSY" as I Never run more than one thing at a time. I'm horrible at mutitasking. One window at a time, full screen. That's how I use my PC.

All you would see is Firefox open to this page anyway. Image
I knew it *evil cackle* I am exsited about Twilight Princess have they given a release date yet?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Fenrir wrote:I knew it *evil cackle* I am exsited about Twilight Princess have they given a release date yet?
Not that I've heard. It should come out sometime either spring or summer this year...I hope. Before the Revolution system comes out, I'm sure.

(And ignore everyone who says it will come out for the revolution instead. The game will play on a regular GameCube. ...though, at this point, there is likely [though uncofirmed] to be special Revolution unlockable content on the game disk.)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Can't wait but I hope to god they change their minds on the controller design
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Fenrir wrote:Can't wait but I hope to god they change their minds on the controller design
After having seen what it's meant to do (and what it can do), I'm somewhat more open to the design than I was at first. In fact, I think it's kind of neat. Hopefully it'll lead to better things.

-- Vilkacis
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Fenrir wrote:Can't wait but I hope to god they change their minds on the controller design
What...the Revolution controller?!

No @$#%# WAY are they going to change that.

The Revolution system's graphics are only going to be a half step (or maybe 3/4 step) above the X-Box and not quite as sharp as the 360's or the upcoming PS3, so the unusual controller is going to be their primary selling point.

If they changed it to a more traditional controller, like the 360's, then the revolution would just be nothing more than an underpowered contender in the next (current?) generation, like the Sega Dreamcast was in this one. Nintendo's franchises alone will not be enough this generation.

...besides...if you think you hate it that much, you must not fully understand what it is capable of yet. This thing looks simplistic at first glance, compared to other game controllers with a gazillion buttons and analog sticks, but it is far more versitile than anything Sony or Microsoft has to offer yet. Aside from also being able to just plug in a standard Gamecube controller to play older games, two expansion modules for the "Freestyle" (aka. "the tv remote") controller are allready confirmed to be available at launch. (The "Nunchuck" and "Classic" expansions), and more surely on the way, for anything from fishing, to light gun handles, to a guitar and beyond.

...but that is just it's secondary expansion capability. The best thing about the Nintendo Revolution (official name still pending) is what's allready inside that little wand controller with no expansions attatched. ...which is the most sensitive and precise motion sensory interface ever seen for a home game system, or for a production game system Period. Hold it like a gun and fire...hold it like a ligtsaber and go wild with it...draw a circle in the air and watch it select attack units in the 3-d space of the game in that exact pattern...hold it like a toy airplane and fly it around... It knows what you're doing and tracks it with exeptional precision. No visual line of sight required either. Point the controller away from the screen, behind your back and push the trigger button. You could fire backwards blindly like this in a FPS this way. Move it in any way you can think of and it knows. The possibilities for this thing are extrordinary.

The revolution is all about playing games differently, and at a price tag surely to be $149.99 or less (unconfirmed), you'll want to try it out too. ...just wait...you'll see...

=^.^'= ~
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

edit
Last edited by Miguel on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

I find myself going back to the awsome scenery photos that are the default desktops alot too.

Tropical islands, ocean costlines, and mountain horizons are just awsome to look at.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

uuh what a nightmare, I first had 636 viruses on my computer, did a fix it on them, and went down to 236, but I found out it deleted some of my games, luckily all the savings were still there when I repaired or reinstall the games, I left 7 viruses active cause they were in a 2 games that Im too afriad to delete anything from. Unreal 2 and UT 2003 are also infectected with a few viruses, not much but Im really afraid of deleting my savings, especialy UT03, I got too far on the game with the dificulty on skilled.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Veruth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Veruth »

Here's mine, I'm still trying to find a good balance between resolution and refresh rate so it's still not how I like it. And I still haven't gotten all my stuff restored from when my computer got killed by lightning

http://static.flickr.com/36/81648485_2f5aeb3976_o.png
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Currently I have a background of a landsacape, one I took from my Bejeweled 2 folder.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

What if someone told you desktops were real...

Post by Scott Gardener »

http://www.deviantart.com/view/21218615/

Hold out your hand, and I'll show you...
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Veruth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Veruth »

Hey, I've been looking for that moonphase plugin for a while. Google dosen't turn up anything (at least not with any seach term I've tried) Where did it come from?
Curan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wor'Kai

Post by Curan »

Here is a picture of my desktop :)

http://www.canilobo.de/temp/Desktop.jpg
Homo lupo lupus est.
Scisne, homo, quod lupum essendum profecto significat?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Wow Curan, I really like your desktop. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Curan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wor'Kai

Post by Curan »

Thank you, Shadow Wulf :)
I could give you that wallpaper image, if you wish. In the case you do I would need your desktop resolution in order to be able to create the right picture dimension.
Homo lupo lupus est.
Scisne, homo, quod lupum essendum profecto significat?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

800x600. :D
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

The moon phase program is a gadget from Object X, a part of Stardock's Object Desktop. WindowBlinds is also part of that bundle.

I understand that there's a similar program out there for Konfabulator (recently renamed Yahoo! Something-or-other), which may be a stand-alone widget.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lol, I changed the background to an underworld werewolf.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/ ... titled.png
Image Image
Veruth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Veruth »

Scott Gardener wrote:The moon phase program is a gadget from Object X, a part of Stardock's Object Desktop. WindowBlinds is also part of that bundle.

I understand that there's a similar program out there for Konfabulator (recently renamed Yahoo! Something-or-other), which may be a stand-alone widget.
Thanks, I'll have to find that
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Correction: the sub-program is called Desktop X. I knew it was X-something. All these superheroes get confusing.